Emerald Princess hints?

welovetocruise123

I have never traveled the Emerald. We are in cabin E933 - anyone been in that cabin before? Does anyone have any suggestions of "what not to miss on this ship?" I have traveled on the GP and loved it, so we are looking forward to another Princess beauty. We are choosing the anytime dining - any hints of where the best food is served? How about the shows? Are they "professional"? Our husbands main complaints on our last cruise NCL Pearl was the food and entertainment. I appreciate any input! :)

We enjoyed both the International Cafe and the Cafe Caribe on the Emerald. The International Cafe on the Plaza deck has all kinds of sweets and snacks for free. It's a good place to have a snack rather than a meal for lunch and their warm cookies are great. Charge for the gelato, not sure about the tapas in the afternoon.

The Cafe Caribe is behind the Horizon Buffet on Lido Deck, a better buffet with lots of theme nights and many nights set up with tablecloth dining.

We really enjoyed this ship and are looking for some of the same things on the Crown in October.

Happy Cruising!

Food is subject to the passengers tastes. We have always enjoyed it, but some don't seem to, or at least that is what they report here. :confused: Remember, you are on a ship with a lot more passengers this time then previously, so lots more meals to prepare. I in no way can call the food gormet onboard any ship. And there have been cut backs on most cruise lines lately. The alternative restaurants ($$$) usually have a higher quality food then the main DR if you decide the MDR is not to your liking. Lots of alternatives onboard to find the food you enjoy on these larger ships.

As for entertainment being professional? I would say more entertaining and semi professional. But you also may find many of the same shows repeating for a couple of nights, since Princess has found that there isn't enough seating for all to see the main shows in just one evening. There are also several entertainment venues onboard, so if one isn't to your DH's tastes, you can try another. Enjoy your cruise! ;)

Not sure if this is really a "hint" for purposes of your inquiry. However, if you want an interesting view while in port, go to the Lido deck and enter into the stateroom area at the bow of the ship. Follow the hall all the way to the end where you will find a door that will grant you access to walk on the top of the bridge. (Doesn't matter if you are on the port or starboard side as both sides have a doorway) The doorway is not marked so you will have to keep an eye out for it. You literally will be able to walk on the roof of the bridge and have an unobstructed view.

Wife and I had a glass of champagne and watched the sunset over the water before the ship began preparations for leaving port. There were only four of us in this area so it was quite pleasant.

You may have noise problems. The Princess Theater is directly under those cabins. We were in E202 and were blasted out of our cabins almost every night. The noise started at 5:30 and went until the last show ended at 11:30 PM.

Follow the hall all the way to the end where you will find a door that will grant you access to walk on the top of the bridge.

Yes, we found that too and it was incredible. I'll enclose a pic we took. I know people were thinking, "How did they get there?" :)

Just a note - it is not always accessible to the public. Sometimes it may be cordoned off/inaccessible. Just keep checking back and one of those times, you'll find it open.

2462498780090485240hxpWSZ_th.jpg <---click

Not sure if this is really a "hint" for purposes of your inquiry. However, if you want an interesting view while in port, go to the Lido deck and enter into the stateroom area at the bow of the ship. Follow the hall all the way to the end where you will find a door that will grant you access to walk on the top of the bridge. (Doesn't matter if you are on the port or starboard side as both sides have a doorway) The doorway is not marked so you will have to keep an eye out for it. You literally will be able to walk on the roof of the bridge and have an unobstructed view.

Wife and I had a glass of champagne and watched the sunset over the water before the ship began preparations for leaving port. There were only four of us in this area so it was quite pleasant.

Well, the secret's out now!;)

We were on the Emerald last September in the Mediterrenean, had anytime dining and chose the option of sitting at a larger table with other couples. Went to the DaVinci and Michelangelo dining rooms and thought the food was very good. It was a great way to meet alot of people from all over the US, Canada and Europe.

We especially enjoyed the Movie Under the Stars, great way to relax after a busy day!

Loved the Emerald Princess.

Sailed on the Emerald last Aug/Sept in the Med and loved it. Had a balcony on Baja and loved that too. I much prefer the Emerald to the Grand.

We weren't impressed with Cafe Caribe but enjoy the Horizon Court. Our dinners were in the main dining room and all of us were pleased with everything we ordered.

We saw the shows with the Princess dancers and enjoyed them. We aren't much for the other shows such as commedians, jugglers, etc.

Excellent cruise with excellent service and excellent food!

Enjoy your cruise!

So it's not just an urban legend, eh? Hope DH can find our way up there at some point. Thanks !!!

Thanks so much for all the information - keep it coming! Thank you Langley's for all the fantastic pictures - wow you really captured a lot of beautiful shots (what kind of camera do you have?) I envy you being booked on the Oasis (that is my next one for sure)

I'm glad that everyone had enjoyed the Emerald, I can hardly wait! The room noise will be somewhat annoying, but First I hope I'm not in my cabin much and Second, I'll probably be so exhausted I won't care!

We are traveling November 15th week St. Thomas,St. Maarten, Turks and Caicos, Princess Cays - We have been to all several times except Turks and Caicos.

Can someone tell me how you list the cruises you have been on under your pictures?

Thanks everyone! :D

Can someone tell me how you list the cruises you have been on under your pictures?

Thanks everyone! :D

Just go into your User CP where you placed your countdown clock. Edit your signature and put your past cruises above your countdown clock and save it. Your past cruises will show up in your signature each time you post that way. ;)

Thank you, thank you, thank you Woobstr112G What fantastic pictures of where you have sailed They are beautiful picutres and memories......Wow you have been to a lot of ports and what a beautiful array of pictures. Places that I may never get to.

Thank you again for sharing I especially love Misha......Golden Retreiver? We have a black lab, Hunter and we love him just as much....wish he could go with us!

:D

I am enjoying this thread, as we just booked the Emerald for next August to the western caribbean.:D The last time we cruised Princess was on the CB in 2005. Not sure if it's still allowed, but we loved our waiter so much on the second night of our cruise, and even though we were on the Personal Choice plan, we were able to secure a standing reservation and had him for the rest of the cruise.:) As is the case with all the Grand class ships, the public areas can get pretty packed, especially on sea days, but we avoid them by trying to avoid them at peak times. Also, I hear that some of the Aft cabins facing the wake are some of the most sought-after in the fleet - book early to get one.:)

Archived