One Thing I Don't Like About Carnival

howard6933

I saw a thread up above someplace that said "one thing you like about Carnival". There are lots of things I like about Carnival, but there's one thing I don't like; and that is closing the restaurants for lunch on port days. :( I don't mind using the cafeteria for breakfast since I'm not a big breakfast eater, but at lunch I like to sit down at a nice table and get my meal served to me. Does anybody else feel the same as I do? If so, put it into your

comment sheet at the end of your cruise. If enough people complain, maybe Carnival will open at least one restaurant for lunch on port days. :rolleyes:

I do not mind them being closed on port days at all. While we eat in the dining room at every opportunity, it is good to know the dining staff gets some sort of break while we are in port. Working 7 days a week for 6 months would suck. In Hawaii we saw our head waiter at the beach, and he said it was great to get a few hours off to enjoy the water.

I saw a thread up above someplace that said "one thing you like about Carnival". There are lots of things I like about Carnival, but there's one thing I don't like; and that is closing the restaurants for lunch on port days.

Actually, Celebrity does the same, and probably others do also. It's not just a Carnival thing.

Dan

I am cruising on carnival for the 1st time in January, I am a little disappointed to find out the dining room will be closed while in port. I know on Princess they have one dining room open for lunch while in port. We have enjoyed a nice quiet lunch there when we have stayed on the ship.

There are too many days when you are forced to eat at the buffet for lunch, this need to change. I like the freedom to eat when and where I want, not just buffet food.

I've never felt "forced" to eat at the buffet. There are still the other options.....pizza, sandwiches, Asian grill, pool grill and of course, room service.

trogledyte_th.jpg

BTW, this is not a self-portrait, but it could be! :D

Now, now... Let's be fair!

The Troglodyte from the Sinbad movie wasn't that bad. In fact I believe he saves the day at the expense of his own life.

Sinbad_Trog.jpg

However, I do agree that he probably would have preferred the Buffet to the Main Dining Room. That way he could have worn his Loin Cloth, without getting the Dress Code Police all wound up.

Just so you know, when the ship is in port it is the time for some of the crew to have some time off. They do NOT get any days off, they get time off and the time off they get, is not very long.

I do not think we should ask Carnival to make any changes in the way they do things when the ship is in port. The crew work very and we as pax should understand how hard they work and let them have their time off.

Archived