One Thing I Don't Like About Carnival

howard6933

Isnt the color wars when they have red vs blue vs white (level your room is on?) and everytime they do a contrest points are awarded to the winners and the color team they are on. At the end of the cruise they add up the points. (I dont know how they pay attention to this but it is somewhat annoying and somewhat funny)

IMHO I would rather eat in ports than have lunch in the dining room. Isn't that all part of experiencing new places, cultures and food

That depends on what ports I'm visiting. At some places, the food either isn't to my liking or too expensive.

I do not mind them being closed on port days at all. While we eat in the dining room at every opportunity, it is good to know the dining staff gets some sort of break while we are in port. Working 7 days a week for 6 months would suck. In Hawaii we saw our head waiter at the beach, and he said it was great to get a few hours off to enjoy the water.

I totally agree! They do need time to recharge their batteries.

I also like to eat in ports to get to know different food and culture better.

I agree. This is probably my only complaint about Carnival. I always mention this on my comment cards and follow-up emails. I would love to see a restaurant open for lunch every day.

Me three! I just returned from the Destiny and thought the same thing. I really hate to eat at the buffet and only do so on embarkation day because there's no choice. We have our breakfast and dinner every day at the dining room. I like the stress-free luxury of the service and not having to line-up wait and carry your own food to the table...and not to mention the germs of everyone touching all the serving spoons!

No burgers from room service. That would be nice though.

Something else I thought of is changing the age restrictions for being in the cabin. It is ridiculous that 2 people over 18 cannot share a cabin. My daughter wants her 2 friends to go with us on our cruise. One is 18 and the other is 20. They can't go cuz I would have to agree to assign me to their room and one of them to my room with my husband. Ain't gonna happen so they don't get to go. They are adults and old enough to enlist in the service but not old enough cruise. Very stupid policy I think.

All you have to do is switch rooms when your on the ship....

Something else I thought of is changing the age restrictions for being in the cabin. It is ridiculous that 2 people over 18 cannot share a cabin. My daughter wants her 2 friends to go with us on our cruise. One is 18 and the other is 20. They can't go cuz I would have to agree to assign me to their room and one of them to my room with my husband. Ain't gonna happen so they don't get to go. They are adults and old enough to enlist in the service but not old enough cruise. Very stupid policy I think.

You don't have to sail that way. Just change it when you board. We've done it at check-in before.

I agree with you that this is a silly restriction. We ran into it when our two sons were around those ages. We always managed to work around it though. Just assign and adult and a child per cabin like they want on your reservation. Once onboard the ship the first stop we made was the pursers desk and had the S&S cards re-assigned to the rooms we wanted. I've done this more than one time and never had a problem. Our kids were across the hall in the inside cabin and my wife and I are in the balcony. Hope this helps...

Bob

p.s. We've also done this with adults who never sailed Carnival before. In order to get the past guest discount we put one past cruiser in each cabin and then had the room keys changed once onboard.

Hi we went on our first cruise in April on the Triumph and was not aware the dining room was open at all at lunch times, I would have prefered eating there as enjoyed breakfast and dinner there every day. What do they serve at lunchtime and what times is it open?

I would like to see Carnival have a big sail away party like some other cruise lines. The last time we were on the Inspiration absolutely nothing was said or done for sailaway. It was kind of anti-climactic.

Archived