One Thing I Don't Like About Carnival

howard6933

You don't have to sail that way. Just change it when you board. We've done it at check-in before.

Everyone is missing the point. I know it can be done on paper and I know I could switch it after we board. My point is why do we have to do that? Very stupid policy especially if they let you change it. My kids are booked in the room across the hall from me. If these girls that want to cruise with us cannot book their own room, then I have to be responsible for their reservation, be responsible for them cuz according to Carnival, they aren't adults until they are 25. I frankly don't know these girls and don't want to be responsible for them in any way shape or form. They are my daughters friends, not mine.

Responsible for what? They are adults. I honestly don't understand the booking policy either. The only logic I can see in it is that they don't want a bunch of college age kids running wild on the ship. However, that is faulty logic as well. There are plenty of young adults under the age of 25 that aren't hoodlums. Kind of makes me wonder how the school groups swing it. I doubt they have an adult in every cabin with them. I should check with my daughters - they both took cruises with their school groups.

Everyone is missing the point. I know it can be done on paper and I know I could switch it after we board. My point is why do we have to do that? Very stupid policy especially if they let you change it. My kids are booked in the room across the hall from me. If these girls that want to cruise with us cannot book their own room, then I have to be responsible for their reservation, be responsible for them cuz according to Carnival, they aren't adults until they are 25. I frankly don't know these girls and don't want to be responsible for them in any way shape or form. They are my daughters friends, not mine.

Sorry I missed your point but you didn't allude to knowing you could change the cabin keys once onboard the ship. If they're that untrustworthy I wouldn't want to cruise with them either.

Sorry I missed your point but you didn't allude to knowing you could change the cabin keys once onboard the ship. If they're that untrustworthy I wouldn't want to cruise with them either.

I don't know if they are untrustworthy - I don't know them at all to know if they are good people. I've met them once and it was a quick introduction not a long conversation. Bottom line is they won't be going cuz I'm not willing to go out of my way for them since I don't know them. Carnival should lighten up their policy and let them cruise since they are adults according to Uncle Sam and be responsible for their own actions. I know some older adults that perhaps could be known to party a little too rough but they are over 25 and allowed to cruise. I know other cruiselines have similar policies maybe not as severe as CCL with the age 25 limit but still I think it is ridiculous.

Just so you know, when the ship is in port it is the time for some of the crew to have some time off. They do NOT get any days off, they get time off and the time off they get, is not very long.

So why should the paying customer give a hoot about that? It's not my problem. If they don't like the job then quit.

Enough of this "poor crew" junk.

Hi we went on our first cruise in April on the Triumph and was not aware the dining room was open at all at lunch times, I would have prefered eating there as enjoyed breakfast and dinner there every day. What do they serve at lunchtime and what times is it open?

sample luncheon menu spacer.gifLuncheon Menu - Day 1

Starters and Salads

California Roll

SC Caribbean Pepper Pot

Chilled Avocado Soup

SC Medley of Garden and Field Greens

Main Courses

Mongolian Steak Salad

Oven Fresh Sun Dried Tomato Baguette

Spaghetti Zia Tereasa

SC Pan Fried Fillet of King Clip Nicoise

V Vegetable Fajitas

Create your Own Burger

Desserts

Strawberry Banana Mousse

Chocolate Gateau

Creme Carmel

Ice Coupe Black Forest

Ice Cream - Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry

Sherbet - Orange, Pineapple

Luncheon Menu - Day 2

Starters and Salads

SC Seasonal Fruit Platter

Jamaican Red Bean Soup

Chilled Curried Apple Soup

Medley of Garden and Field Greens

Main Courses

Chicken Caesar Salad

SC Oven Fresh Focaccia

V Spinach and Ricotta Cheese Ravioli

Fish n' Chips

Barbecued Baby Back Ribs

Create Your Own Burger

Desserts

Lemon Mousse

German Chocolate Cake

Bread Pudding Chantilly

Ice Coupe Belle Helene

Luncheon Menu - Day 3

Starters and Salads

Antipasto

Old Fashioned German Lentil Soup

SC Chilled Orange Sory

Main Courses

Neptunes Chefs Salad

Oven Fresh Whole Wheat Baguette

SC Hay and Straw

Pan Fried Fillet of Idaho Rainbow Trout Almondine

Chinese Pepper Steak

Create Your Own Burger

Desserts

Gingerbread Cake

Apple Hollander

Tropical Fruit Terrine

Chocolate Sundae

Luncheon Menu - Day 4

Starters and Salads

Fried Calamari Rings

SC Cream of Spinach Soup

Chilled Essence of Fennel and Celery

Main Courses

Nicoise Salad

Philly Steak Sandwich

Linguini Gigetto

SC Salmon Paillard

Chicken Parmigiana

Create Your Own Burger

Desserts

SC Pina Colada Cake

Chocolate Eclair

Grand Marnier Cheesecake

Ice Coupe Jacques

SC - Spa Carnival Cuisine: These items are lower in calories, sodium, cholesterol and fat. Salads are prepared with diet dressing. Desserts are are prepared with Sweet'n Low or NutraSweet instead of sugar.

V - Vegetarian Entrees

Hi, I do not know how to quote, but to the lady who is scared to bring her daughter's friends- you are not willing to be responsible for them. . . why should carnival?? You sound scared of them. I think the rule is crazy too- but what I am saying is you're not willing to risk them- they aren't either

I saw a thread up above someplace that said "one thing you like about Carnival". There are lots of things I like about Carnival, but there's one thing I don't like; and that is closing the restaurants for lunch on port days. :( I don't mind using the cafeteria for breakfast since I'm not a big breakfast eater, but at lunch I like to sit down at a nice table and get my meal served to me. Does anybody else feel the same as I do? If so, put it into your

comment sheet at the end of your cruise. If enough people complain, maybe Carnival will open at least one restaurant for lunch on port days. :rolleyes:

The only thing I don't like is that Carnival selectively enforces some of it's rules. Dress code in the MDR, no kids in the adult hot tubs etc. It's not enough to keep me from cruising with them, but it would be nice.

Port Days

7:00am-9:00am

Closed

At Sea Days

8:00am-10:00am

12:30pm-2:00pm

Breakfast

Lunch

sample luncheon menu spacer.gifLuncheon Menu - Day 1

Starters and Salads

California Roll

SC Caribbean Pepper Pot

Chilled Avocado Soup

Main Courses

Mongolian Steak Salad

Oven Fresh Sun Dried Tomato Baguette

Spaghetti Zia Tereasa

SC Pan Fried Fillet of King Clip Nicoise

V Vegetable Fajitas

Create your Own Burger

Desserts

Strawberry Banana Mousse

Chocolate Gateau

Creme Carmel

Ice Coupe Black Forest

Luncheon Menu - Day 2

Starters and Salads

SC Seasonal Fruit Platter

Jamaican Red Bean Soup

Chilled Curried Apple Soup

Medley of Garden and Field Greens

Main Courses

Chicken Caesar Salad

SC Oven Fresh Focaccia

V Spinach and Ricotta Cheese Ravioli

Fish n' Chips

Barbecued Baby Back Ribs

Create Your Own Burger

Desserts

Lemon Mousse

German Chocolate Cake

Bread Pudding Chantilly

Ice Coupe Belle Helene

Luncheon Menu - Day 3

Starters and Salads

Antipasto

Old Fashioned German Lentil Soup

SC Chilled Orange Sory

Main Courses

Neptunes Chefs Salad

Oven Fresh Whole Wheat Baguette

SC Hay and Straw

Pan Fried Fillet of Idaho Rainbow Trout Almondine

Chinese Pepper Steak

Create Your Own Burger

Desserts

Gingerbread Cake

Apple Hollander

Tropical Fruit Terrine

Chocolate Sundae

Luncheon Menu - Day 4

Starters and Salads

Fried Calamari Rings

SC Cream of Spinach Soup

Chilled Essence of Fennel and Celery

Main Courses

Nicoise Salad

Philly Steak Sandwich

Linguini Gigetto

SC Salmon Paillard

Chicken Parmigiana

Create Your Own Burger

Desserts

SC Pina Colada Cake

Chocolate Eclair

Grand Marnier Cheesecake

Ice Coupe Jacques

SC - Spa Carnival Cuisine: These items are lower in calories, sodium, cholesterol and fat. Salads are prepared with diet dressing. Desserts are are prepared with Sweet'n Low or NutraSweet instead of sugar.

V - Vegetarian Entrees

:D:D:D

They were enforcing the rule in the adult only pool/hot tubs on Conquest. I saw an employee speak to a girl, probably a young teen. She promptly got out. When her parents saw that she wasn't in the pool anymore, they asked her why & she told them it was for adults only.

I have yet to be on a Carnival Cruise but will be on the DREAM this Feb. This past Feb. was our first cruise and we were soooo excited. It was such a flop for so many reasons. This new company to the American Markets REALLY dropped the ball. They didn't have half the dining choices that Carnival has. A few times we had breakfast in the dining room and everynight ate in the dining room. Otherwise we were usually at port for lunch or ate at the buffet which was our only choice.. We couldn't believe when we went for breakfast that our dinner servers were there in the a.m. also. Give them a break!! Like another post said they work LONG days and long stretches at a time. Our server said his fiancee was going to call off the wedding cuz he couldn't get to a phone to call her but once every 2 weeks or so. I will gladly give up the lunch to have the excellent service that is expected of them for breakfast and dinner. Think about it they get there at what 7:00 a.m. and then dinner isn't over until 10:15 or so or when ever all of their customers decide to get up and go somewhere else. Do you really expect them to be there to serve you lunch also when most people are off the ship having fun!

So why should the paying customer give a hoot about that? It's not my problem. If they don't like the job then quit.

Just because the members of this board are fortunate enough to be able to afford cruising doesn't mean we can't be compassionate about the sometimes tough conditions that the employees who make our cruise special face every day. Go spend a month or two in their shoes, then come back and tell us all about how all of the "poor crew" stuff is junk.

Your comment made my blood boil. You are the type who would come up to me while eating my lunch in a 7-11 parking lot five miles from the airport and ask how the job on your airplane was coming. Why in %*@!_)%"]%*@!_)% do you think I was five miles from the airport? To get away from idiots like you.

Believe it or not, the entire world does NOT revolve around you. I bet you enjoy your time off. Why do you think everybody else should have none?

Dan

The paying customer should care because (hopefully) the paying customer is human. Courtesy, respect, empathy, appreciation, etc.......

Breakfast

Lunch

Port Days

7:00am-9:00am

Closed

At Sea Days

8:00am-10:00am

12:30pm-2:00pm

:D:D:D

Thanks so much, can't believe I missed this, oh well at least I will no for next time.

I saw a thread up above someplace that said "one thing you like about Carnival". There are lots of things I like about Carnival, but there's one thing I don't like; and that is closing the restaurants for lunch on port days. :( I don't mind using the cafeteria for breakfast since I'm not a big breakfast eater, but at lunch I like to sit down at a nice table and get my meal served to me. Does anybody else feel the same as I do? If so, put it into your

comment sheet at the end of your cruise. If enough people complain, maybe Carnival will open at least one restaurant for lunch on port days. :rolleyes:

We have a sit down restaurant lunch in every port-----ON SHORE!

Spend a couple of bucks and learn a little about the local culture.

I don't know how crew scheduling work on Carnival, but on Princess, where all meals are available in the dining room every day, the crew rotates one shore day off each cruise, so that all crew members have at least one day on shore.

I think you are VERY smart in not wanting to be responsible for them. Good for you.

cruise lines have been forced to make cuts to keep the prices affordable for us! it's still the best vacation in the world!!!! :D

Wow - you have 40+ CCL cruises - are you SUPER PLATINUM? I've been wondering about this, what happens when you reach 15, and 20, and 25, etc.

Archived