Anyone else anxiously waiting for a cabin number?

debsjc

I have a guarantee on the Statendam April 25, 2010 I made my final payment last week and final payment for alll guests was this past monday. I don't understand why Hal doesn't start assigning cabins? I don't understand why they wait. Anyone know?

Helen

I have a SZ GTY on the Westerdam on 2/28 - do you think I will get my cabin assignment by the 18th??????? Of course, I am checking it multiple times a day!

Looks like we're going to be sailing together. :) I try to keep my checking to once a day - no luck yet. This will be our 2nd cruise - 1st with HAL - and 1st verandah. Yaaay!

Looks like we're going to be sailing together. :) I try to keep my checking to once a day - no luck yet. This will be our 2nd cruise - 1st with HAL - and 1st verandah. Yaaay!

We will be sailing with you also! I too have been checking everyday but nothing yet. We booked a VE gty. Will be interesting to see what we end up with. Our first HAL cruise too. Can't wait! :D

We sail on the 27th on Eurodam and have yet to be assigned a room. I checked bookings on Expedia and the ship is not fully booked. I'm guessing there may be many last-minute upgrades for those who have booked a guarantee cabin if the ship doesn't fill up during the next 14 or so days.

Originally Posted by ybarber

I have a SZ GTY on the Westerdam on 2/28 - do you think I will get my cabin assignment by the 18th??????? Of course, I am checking it multiple times a day!

Originally Posted by sparky-elpaso

Looks like we're going to be sailing together. I try to keep my checking to once a day - no luck yet. This will be our 2nd cruise - 1st with HAL - and 1st verandah. Yaaay!

Originally Posted by GiGi06

We will be sailing with you also! I too have been checking everyday but nothing yet. We booked a VE gty. Will be interesting to see what we end up with. Our first HAL cruise too. Can't wait!

I was told that we would not hear until the final week up to the cruise.;)

I have a guarantee on the Statendam April 25, 2010 I made my final payment last week and final payment for alll guests was this past monday. I don't understand why Hal doesn't start assigning cabins? I don't understand why they wait. Anyone know?

Helen

Because they could still sell those higher cabins at this point. They want to wait to see what doesn't sell to start assigning guarantees. We have a BC guarantee for March 11 on Zaandam and are still waiting.

I have a VD guarantee on the Noordam for Feb 23... still waiting. But I noticed that, as of this afternoon, the ship is saying sold out, so I suspect it will be soon.

Frequently what happens is that they still try to sell some of the higher level cabins before they have to give free upgrades. Since up until this morning only the penthouse was available for my sailing, I just know that they couldn't sell it and have decided to assign it to me :D:D:D:D

Bonnie

4 couples booked F guarantee for March 11th on the Veendam, we got our cabin assignments today, upgraded to a DA, we are still a month out, wonder if we could get upgraded again?

It's possible but not probable, especially if the four couples have their bookings linked. Happy Sailing!

We are two weeks to the day from sailing on the Ryndam & got our cabin assignment today. We booked H & were upgraded to C.

Lucky you - I think this is a great upgrade. I also booked a H guarantee and keep hoping for either a D or C. But I don't leave until April :(

Hope you have a great cruise.

We are sailing on the Westerdam on March 21st and have a VH guarantee. This is our first cruise with HAL. I didn't know thay had solid metal railings. Should have checked more carefully! Just hope we get an upgrade to a "normal" balcony as we tend to spend lots of time sitting out there. Does anyone have a picture of a VH or VF balcony from the inside? The wait for allocation is killing me!

Does anyone have a picture of a VH or VF balcony from the inside?
THIS THREAD (click) has a couple in post #10. I'm 5'11', and when seated normally the wood rail is right at my eye level ... so I can only see sky, nearby mountains, and water far out from the ship.

(Note that three of the four pictures in post #11 on that thread are not on a HAL ship.)

Thanks so much for the link to the photos. Doesn't look too bad but hope we manage to get a glass fronted balcony when the cabins are finally allocated!

I'm just wondering if I should contact my TA or HAL and ask what the cost would be to upgrade or leave that conversation until after the cabin has been allocated......

THIS THREAD (click) has a couple in post #10. I'm 5'11', and when seated normally the wood rail is right at my eye level ... so I can only see sky, nearby mountains, and water far out from the ship.

(Note that three of the four pictures in post #11 on that thread are not on a HAL ship.)

I am the one that posted those photos. The photo that says it was taken from a sitting position, is while sitting in the higher (of the two) chairs. One chair is a lounge type with a foot stool (my sister is in that one) and the other is a table height chair. I am 5'9 and could see that view while sitting straight up in the chair. ;) The HAL metal verandahs are lower than the RCCL metal balconies, and much more open.

I'm just wondering if I should contact my TA or HAL and ask what the cost would be to upgrade or leave that conversation until after the cabin has been allocated......

Your TA will be the only person you can ask. HAL will not talk to you if you are booked with a TA.

We were late deciding to take a cruise, so we were just pleased to find a verandah cabin for a reasonable price -- Eurodam sailing 2/27. We have a guarantee/VH, and since reading these posts I'm anxious/on tenterhooks to find out where we will actually be!! When I looked closely at the deck plans, I see that VH are way for'ard, kinda squished in there -- or am I misunderstanding? :confused: DH has some knee issues, so hope we won't be too far from everything.

I did notice they were recently advertising verandahs for less than we paid, so maybe there are still cabins open and therefore some room to move up?

I'm having some problems with the HAL website today, many pages coming up empty. Could be me, could be them. Will I be able to log in and see our cabin assignment, or does that only come through our TA?

At the end of the day, of course, we'll be sailing in warm Carib waters far from our cold and snow. So not too bad, wherever we are! Our first HAL cruise, and we're really looking forward to the break. Life is good, and we're thankful.

SB - You are the 4th cruiser for the 2/27 Eurodam that has been upgraded from the VH to a VA. Come on over to our Roll Call.

Here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=23196353&posted=1#post23196353

As of yet, no assignment for me. No notice from my TA, either. I'll check again in the morning. Wish me luck! ;)

Archived