Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

We got a good price ($89.00 with AAA) on a room in Feb at the Cambria Suites in Dania. They have free parking and shuttle to the pier and it is in a good area with nice restaurants close by.

I called the hotel direct (1-954-889-2600), not sure about prices in March but it might be worth checking out.

Someone else on this site booked it @ 123stay.com and got the same price.

I'm the one who booked with stay123.com Their price seems to fluctuate because the very first time I went to the site I got the price of $79.00. I didn't book because I wanted to call the hotel to confirm this site was legitimate. They said it was and the price went up by the time I got back to book. I booked it at $89 and was glad I did, I have yet to find it for less. The hotel wouldn't match that price either.

Hope this helps.

I'm the one who booked with stay123.com Their price seems to fluctuate because the very first time I went to the site I got the price of $79.00. I didn't book because I wanted to call the hotel to confirm this site was legitimate. They said it was and the price went up by the time I got back to book. I booked it at $89 and was glad I did, I have yet to find it for less. The hotel wouldn't match that price either.

Hope this helps.

It sure helped me, I got the same price but from the hotel with my AAA card.

Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it.

Hi All,

I am going on the Oasis of the Seas in August.... Cannot Wait!!

After my cruise i am heading to Orlando (I-Drive), Can you advise the best method of transportation (budget friendly) to get to Orlando from Port Everglades?

Two adults travelling..........

Thanks in advance

Jo

xx

Try this link for the magic card discounts on Dollar and Thrifty rental cars. I found a very good rate for our one way rental post cruise from Port Everglades Ft. Lauderdale to returning at MCO Orlando airport. They even have complimentary shuttle buses to take you from the port to the rental agencies.

http://www.orlandoinfo.com/magicard/...transportation

A couple of years ago I did a btb cruise on Princess. Between the two cruises, I got off the ship and walked over to Walgreens to pick up some newspapers, etc.. This winter I will be doing a BTB cruise on Holland America. Will I be able to walk from their terminal over to Walgreens? If not, does anyone know how much a taxi would cost?

Thank you.

royalcruz or anyone else.

Our flights are earlier arrival to Fort Lauderdale than expected. We are thinking about getting a taxi from Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Hotel to go on a sightseeing cruise.

We have looked at Carrie B Sightseeing cruise and the Duck Tour which one would you think is the better of the two.

Also would you happen to know if there will be taxi's ready available when we get of the sightseeing cruise.

The way Carrie B's website states is that Las Olas Blvd is near by where we get off the sightseeing cruise with places to shop and eat.

We thought we would have dinner and then get a cab back to hotel.

Any information will be appreicated.

Thanks,

Marcy

We have a group of potentially upwards of 15 going on the Allure in late March. We will all be coming in by car and we will likely have three and possibly four cars. We will be arriving on Saturday and can arrive at any time including very early. The cruise departs on Sunday. Here are our needs (wants?):

1. A hotel on the beach (the Bahia Mar is not an option because one of our group is very picky about being on the beach).

2. Free parking during the cruise.

3. Safety for our car while on the cruise.

4. Price is not the primary issue but it would be nice if we could PL or HL although I know that March is the worst possible time to do it.

5. Shuttles to and from the port would be nice but are not a dealbreaker. Obviously, we don't care at all about shuttles to the airport.

6. We would like to get as few rooms as possible - question becomes do we need a separate room for each car which we will be parking at the hotel?

7. I plan on sitting beachside or poolside the whole day filling my rumrunners in preparation for the following week all the while making sure to keep myself hydrated by sipping liberally from the bottles and rum runners. Thus, I don't care much about how nice everything is and would be just fine with a cheap room by the port. Alas, the remainder of my group is very concerned with making sure everything is nice and resortlike.

In a nutshell, we want a cheap room, that has a fantastically wonderful resort like atmosphere, that will let us park our car there while we go on the cruise and keep it safe, and that will basically cater to any other whims we may have. Any ideas?

You are not going to find that perfect spot. :rolleyes: No free parking at beach hotels while you cruise, You will need to park at the port if staying at the beach. Shuttle service and some parking opportunities would be aavailable at hotels closer to downtown or the airport. Not beach resorts, I'm afraid.

You are going at peak time, Even places like Hyatt Place North or summerfield suites will be over 200$ per room. Some in your group will have to make some concessions.

Perhaps look at some of the resorts further from the port. Have you researched the area and hotels on tripadvisor yet?

We live here in Ft. Lauderdale. ;)I love Sawgrass Mall. If your coming for a cruise I recommend staying near Sawgrass after the cruise. The bargains are great. You will quickly find yourself with a cart full of designer duds at discount prices. I always see many international people with luggage bought at the mall as they have bought to much to take back.

The closest hotel is the Crown Plaza. Its right across the street. Please e-mail me with any questions as I am in that area every week.

b.childs@comcast.net

You are not going to find that perfect spot. :rolleyes: No free parking at beach hotels while you cruise, You will need to park at the port if staying at the beach. Shuttle service and some parking opportunities would be aavailable at hotels closer to downtown or the airport. Not beach resorts, I'm afraid.

You are going at peak time, Even places like Hyatt Place North or summerfield suites will be over 200$ per room. Some in your group will have to make some concessions.

Perhaps look at some of the resorts further from the port. Have you researched the area and hotels on tripadvisor yet?

Oh, I know that we won't find the perfect spot. My post was a lot of jest to make light of some of the requests that members of my party were conveying to me.

We have done a lot of research and this is what we have found out:

1) Beach hotels will absolutely let you keep your car there... if you stay with them for a week before the cruise. One night - not so much. The Ritz Carlton offered to keep our cars there for the week, but I really don't feel like shelling out $1,500 for three rooms.

2) I did look into some options that were away from the Fort Lauderdale area and some were fantastic. However, I think the general consensus is that we want to be close to the port so we can have a nice leisurely morning on the day we sail.

3) I think we have finally settled on giving up on the beach resort idea and instead going with a hotel away from the beach. Anyone know anything about the Hyatt Place - Airport South?

Thanks everyone for all the help. We will get this worked out.

there will be 6 of us coming into Ft Lauderdale Aug 14 to be on a cruise leaving Aug 15. We would like a hotel with a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to the pier, and a continental breakfast. I have looked at Days Inn, Ramada, Marriott Courtyard, and Comfort Suites - any suggestions? Someone mentioned Hyatt Place - I'll check into that also.

Thanks for your help!

Hi, there will be 9 of us all ranging from 15 months to 78 years old. We are looking for a nice family friendly area of Fort lauderdale to stay. Preferably a suite that we can do 4 in one, 5 in the other. What area should we be looking into?

A couple of years ago I did a btb cruise on Princess. Between the two cruises, I got off the ship and walked over to Walgreens to pick up some newspapers, etc.. This winter I will be doing a BTB cruise on Holland America. Will I be able to walk from their terminal over to Walgreens? If not, does anyone know how much a taxi would cost?

Thank you.

If it is docked at Terminals 1-3 you can walk, but I don't think they will. A taxi would be about $10 each way.

I've read many posts about utilizing SAS from FLL to the POM. How would you suggest - without renting a car - getting from Port Everglades to MIA post cruise - we have a 3 pm flight?

Dawn

SAS doesn't go to MIA. These do:

Supershuttle 305-811-2000 about $60 plus tip

Larry's Limos 800-611-6631 about $80 includes tip

royalcruz or anyone else.

Our flights are earlier arrival to Fort Lauderdale than expected. We are thinking about getting a taxi from Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Hotel to go on a sightseeing cruise.

We have looked at Carrie B Sightseeing cruise and the Duck Tour which one would you think is the better of the two.

Also would you happen to know if there will be taxi's ready available when we get of the sightseeing cruise.

The way Carrie B's website states is that Las Olas Blvd is near by where we get off the sightseeing cruise with places to shop and eat.

We thought we would have dinner and then get a cab back to hotel.

Any information will be appreicated.

Thanks,

Marcy

I haven't been on these river cruises but have seen them and the Carrie B looks much nicer. The location is ideal for a stroll and then dining on Las Olas Blvd. I'm not sure there is an area where taxis line up, but I would try either the Riverside Hotel or ask your restaurant to call a taxi. Cab fare will be around $25-30 each way.

I think we have finally settled on giving up on the beach resort idea and instead going with a hotel away from the beach. Anyone know anything about the Hyatt Place - Airport South?

Thanks everyone for all the help. We will get this worked out.

This is a brand new hotel at I95 just south of the airport. It is walking distance to Oakwood Plaza and they have free airport shuttles and breakfast.

there will be 6 of us coming into Ft Lauderdale Aug 14 to be on a cruise leaving Aug 15. We would like a hotel with a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to the pier, and a continental breakfast. I have looked at Days Inn, Ramada, Marriott Courtyard, and Comfort Suites - any suggestions? Someone mentioned Hyatt Place - I'll check into that also.

Thanks for your help!

Sleep Inn in Dania Beach is getting great reviews and offers everything you want.

Duke 95 and Racknlube

We got Summerfield Suites at FLL for $59/night, $72 total for mid-April 2011 thru hotwire. The deal is still available for that night, you might be able to get it in March. Brand new suite hotel, free hot breakfast, all suites, free internet, pool, free airport shuttle, $8 cruise shuttle. It is a 3.5 star hotel, in Hollywood area. Check it out--not the beach but comfy and close to port!

Royalcruz--welcome back, glad to hear you had a greeeeaat time (may not have all the e's and a's right)!

Hey I'm still looking for any information you have on this resort. LIke is it clean,good location, ect. Thank you

The location is great, but it just looks like an old 2 star motel. It might be fine on the inside; check tripadvisor for more opinions.

Duke 95 and Racknlube

We got Summerfield Suites at FLL for $59/night, $72 total for mid-April 2011 thru hotwire. The deal is still available for that night, you might be able to get it in March. Brand new suite hotel, free hot breakfast, all suites, free internet, pool, free airport shuttle, $8 cruise shuttle. It is a 3.5 star hotel, in Hollywood area. Check it out--not the beach but comfy and close to port!

Royalcruz--welcome back, glad to hear you had a greeeeaat time (may not have all the e's and a's right)!

Thank you...it looks like you got a greeeeeaaaaaat deal!:D

we will be flying in to orlando and our cruise departs from port carnavel....we are a party of 5. Suggestions?

Our concerns are getting to & from airport, pier, hotel etc.

should we stay in orlando area, or closer to the port shuttle or rely on Taxi?

We are trying to be budget friendly.

Thanks in advance.