Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

Ok...I'm kinda frustrated with searching for hotels lol we arrive in Ft. Lauderdale 10/27 leaving from miami 10/29, so we will be staying in ft. Lauderdale for 2 days. I've read reviews to most hotels near the airport. Some bad and some good. I end up booking at Days Inn airport ft. Lauderdale something lol on broward. Yeees I know it's cheap but my husband was laid off his job 2 months ago. So im the income for now. But its ok..we have our cruise paid for, flight paid and booked with SAS. We're ready. Buuut im reading reviews from days inn an not all were good. Does anybody know how this hotel is? Has anyone been here before? I have until the 25th to cancel but i dont have boocoo bucks either lol Sorry for the once upon a time story but we are family on here right? :D

Have you tried either the Sleep Inn in Dania or the LaQuinta in Hollywood? Both of them have free shuttle from the airport and come with breakfast. I think SAS can pick you up there. If not, I know QLS will since I have them booked for my pickup. I'm staying at LaQuinta in November. I got a great government employee rate. Not sure what your budget is. I did a quick peek and it said $149 a night for your time frame :(

Edited by girlscruise2011

Ok...I'm kinda frustrated with searching for hotels lol we arrive in Ft. Lauderdale 10/27 leaving from miami 10/29, so we will be staying in ft. Lauderdale for 2 days. I've read reviews to most hotels near the airport. Some bad and some good. I end up booking at Days Inn airport ft. Lauderdale something lol on broward. Yeees I know it's cheap but my husband was laid off his job 2 months ago. So im the income for now. But its ok..we have our cruise paid for, flight paid and booked with SAS. We're ready. Buuut im reading reviews from days inn an not all were good. Does anybody know how this hotel is? Has anyone been here before? I have until the 25th to cancel but i dont have boocoo bucks either lol Sorry for the once upon a time story but we are family on here right? :D

The Days Inn on Broward Blvd is in the worst part of Fort Lauderdale (drugs, prostitutes, homeless, etc). It is close to the police station if you need help. If you decide to stay there, double lock your doors and do not go for a walk. I would not park my car there either. You would be better off at the Rodeway or Ramada that also don't get good reviews but the neighborhood isn't as bad. It looks like you are coming during the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show. You will probably get better rates in a nearby city, maybe by MIA.

Edited by royalcruz

We usually stay at Embassy Suites before any cruise out of FLL but in January we want to stay after our cruise for a couple of days and maybe in the Las Olas area. What would you recommend?

Las Olas is downtown. This is a good place to stay in January as it probably won't be beach weather. The only hotel in the area is Riverside Hotel and it is very nice. There is a Hampton Inn downtown but you have to walk through a few isolated blocks at night (close to a rough neighborhood) to get to the busier area, so I would go out in a taxi for safety from there after dark.

any recent stays? issues? is there a store close by for soda/water prior to embarking? restaraunt for pre-cruise dinner? isn't this the location with shuttle (airport/cruiseport)? TIA:)

Re Hampton 12th Ave...Winn-Dixie and Big Lots for soda/water. Old Heidelberg for dinner (Winn-Dixie plaza also has takeout Chinese, Pizza, Cuban, sports bar/grill). Yes, to shuttles, but this can change.

Edited by royalcruz

how do the same questions apply to Embassey Suites?

Embassy Suites...

recent issues: Tripadvisor reviews are good

Soda/water: Publix or Winn-Dixie

restaurants: popular choices are Kelly's Landing, Coco Asian, Duffy's, Quarterdeck, and Outback, but there are many more restaurants. Bimini Boatyard and Bravo are a few blocks away.

shuttle: There is a fee per ride shuttle that can be arranged but taxis are only about $12 per taxi.

Thanks for all the Ft Lauderdale information. I have a question if you do not mind answering.

I am going to make a pre-cruise hotel reservation at one of two Holiday Inns I am looking at. Either the Holiday Inn Airport/Cruise on State Rd 84 or the Holiday Inn Conf Ctr. The price is not a lot different so that wont be a deciding factor. Which would you prefer? What is around each as far as shopping and restaurants. Is either in a area you would consider better than the other. Could you walk to the beach if staying at the Holiday Inn Conv Ctr?

ROYALCRUZE - Will be staying two nights pre-cruise at the LaQuinta on 26th Ave. in Hollywood. Do you know the approximate cost of a Minivan type of taxi for 3 people to the port?

Thanks so much - you certainly are a wealth of information for all of us

Thanks for all the Ft Lauderdale information. I have a question if you do not mind answering.

I am going to make a pre-cruise hotel reservation at one of two Holiday Inns I am looking at. Either the Holiday Inn Airport/Cruise on State Rd 84 or the Holiday Inn Conf Ctr. The price is not a lot different so that wont be a deciding factor. Which would you prefer? What is around each as far as shopping and restaurants. Is either in a area you would consider better than the other. Could you walk to the beach if staying at the Holiday Inn Conv Ctr?

The HI Convention Center is in a MUCH better area if you plan to go to restaurants. Neither is near a good mall, but the convention center location is near more stores, including Dollar Tree, Ross, boutiques, Publix, Total Wine. The Prissy Hen is my favorite consignment shop in Harbor Shops.

It's really too far to walk to the beach (2-3 miles for public beach access) but the Suntrolley will take you there and to Galleria Mall if it's more indoor weather.

ROYALCRUZE - Will be staying two nights pre-cruise at the LaQuinta on 26th Ave. in Hollywood. Do you know the approximate cost of a Minivan type of taxi for 3 people to the port?

Thanks so much - you certainly are a wealth of information for all of us

The regular taxi rate is about $25...not sure if minivans cost more.

Hello!

I just booked the Hyatt Place 17th St Convention Center (although it's actually on 10th St) through Priceline for 1 night pre-cruise in December. Do you know if there is a grocery store within walking distance where we can get water and last minute supplies? We're still debating on whether or not to rent a car. The care would give us more freedom, but then adds another item to do in the morning when we'd have to return it....

Thanks!

Wendy

Hello!

I just booked the Hyatt Place 17th St Convention Center (although it's actually on 10th St) through Priceline for 1 night pre-cruise in December. Do you know if there is a grocery store within walking distance where we can get water and last minute supplies? We're still debating on whether or not to rent a car. The care would give us more freedom, but then adds another item to do in the morning when we'd have to return it....

Thanks!

Wendy

Your a block or so west of a mall that has a total wine and a grocery store and restuarants