Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

My cruise is soon, less than a month, YEAH! We are staying 1 day pre cruise and will be staying at the Marriott Courtyard Ft Lauderdale. Hopefully we can check in early because our plan arrives at 9:00am. Any ideas at what we can do all day and where to eat?? We don't want to rent a car so hoping there's lots to do within walking distance. Any ideas?

Thank you!!

Which Marriott Courtyard in Fort Lauderdale (address)? There are a few.

Hey Larry!!!LOL I had a place bookmarked on the intercoastal and lost it when my mother board fried last week. Is that Marriott near The Embassy Suites? If so there is a neat place on the intercoastal. Someone may be able to help with the name. It's on the road where Winn Dixie is so if you are going straight out the front of Embassy the road is almost in front of you. I'll see if I can't figure it out and let you know. I found it, here's the web site: http://southportrawbar.com/ I know it says raw bar but they have a large variety. Kind of a atmosphere like Poo's or Filets where we are. It was really good and great prices. Tis is on Cordova St. Just off SE 17th.

There are no Marriott Courtyards in the 17th St area.

I will be flying into Ft Lauderdale late January and staying at Cambria Suites of Stirling Rd for 1 night pre cruise. I should arrive at the hotel around 5 p.m on Saturday night. I am guessing it will go dark at about 6 p.m. My question is , How safe is it to walk to the Kmart at Oakland Plaza at this time or after it has gone dark?

You would have to go under the I95 overpass, cross I95 exits, and cross a major street. It is about 6 blocks and the neighborhood isn't exactly upscale. No, I would not walk to Kmart after dark.

Yes, on Las Olas. Just ask the pilot to let you off near Mangos. Don't know when you will be there but we were there when all those beautiful homes on the inland waterway were decorated for Christmas. Just stunning. We arrive on 9th Jan next year and are so sorry we will miss them this time round.

Thanks!

We will be in FL 12/1 and 12/2. I've been on the water taxi once before during Dec. I can't wait for DH to see the beautiful decorations!

440 Seabreeze Blvd. ,Marriott Courtyard,

There is a water taxi stop just past Bahia Mar, and another one on the intracoastal somewhere past Las Olas Blvd.

Beach Place is about 6 blocks north on A1A. Lulu's Bait Shack is popular there but don't expect gourmet food. H2O just before Beach Place has good food.

Bus 40 goes straight to Galleria Mall. Suntrolley will take you to Las Olas Blvd downtown.

Coconuts restaurant across the street from the courtyard is excellent for all 3 meals. It's on a marina.

Just scored the Hyatt Pier 66 on priceline day before cruising.

We get in at 10 am, so will have the day to explore. Should we take the water taxi tour? Are there stores near this hotel? What about places to eat you would recommend?

There aren't stores near the hotel, other than Walgreen's across the bridge and the convenience store across the street. You can take the SunTrolley to Harbor Shops but there isn't much there either (Publix, Total Wine, a couple of boutiques, Ross across the street). The water taxi is a great way to spend the day. You can dine waterfront at Shooters at the far end of the water taxi route, but it would be the most fun to get off at Las Olas and wander alond the blvd to eat. Most places there are good. You can also take the watertaxi to Gallery One and shop at Galleria Mall. Pelican's Landing and Grill 66 at Pier 66 are good.

royalcruz, we will be staying @ homewood suites on griffin road pre-cruise. are there any restaurants within walking distance from the hotel? are there any stores that we will be able to buy wine at within walking distance?

There are no big stores there but I think there is a convenience/gas station store within walking distance. I think they also sell wine in the convenience store in the hotel lobby. The best restaurant within walking distance is Rustic Inn. You can also walk to Islamorada Fish Co. but it's less memorable, like a better Red Lobster. The Field is a fun Irish restaurant/pub that is a very short drive, as is Royal India. Tropical Acres is an old fasioned uninspiring steakhouse that should be reopening soon and is less than a mile walk.

Looking for a modest priced Hotel near beach area for a 1 night pre cruise stay in March. Would like it to be near beach area and have some nightlife near by as well.

Thanks

Rich

Alhambra Beach Resort

Shell Resort

Bahia Mar

Courtyard Marriott beach

Best Western Oceanside (a mile walk to nightlife)

There are no big stores there but I think there is a convenience/gas station store within walking distance. I think they also sell wine in the convenience store in the hotel lobby. The best restaurant within walking distance is Rustic Inn. You can also walk to Islamorada Fish Co. but it's less memorable, like a better Red Lobster. The Field is a fun Irish restaurant/pub that is a very short drive, as is Royal India. Tropical Acres is an old fasioned uninspiring steakhouse that should be reopening soon and is less than a mile walk.

Thank you!

Alhambra Beach Resort

Shell Resort

Bahia Mar

Courtyard Marriott beach

Best Western Oceanside (a mile walk to nightlife)

Thank you much.

Just reserved the Westin Beach Resort on Hotwire for $133

Stayed there a few years back and was a nice location, can't wait.

Rich

Royalcruz: We are staying at the Springhill in Dania. We will be arriving Dec 10th, which is the Winterfest Boat Parade. Would you happen to be able to give me some clues as to where the best place to park would be? I'm looking to rent a car in order to drive there from Dania. Unless you know of a shuttle service that would provide us transportation there and back....5 people....

Thank you in advance for any help you have for me. :)

Royalcruz: We are staying at the Springhill in Dania. We will be arriving Dec 10th, which is the Winterfest Boat Parade. Would you happen to be able to give me some clues as to where the best place to park would be? I'm looking to rent a car in order to drive there from Dania. Unless you know of a shuttle service that would provide us transportation there and back....5 people....

Thank you in advance for any help you have for me. :)

http://winterfestparade.com/index.php?p=buy&shopCategId=15

Here you can purchase tickets to guarantee that you will be able to see the parade at Birch State Park on Sunrise Blvd. As an alternative, you could try to park in the metered lot just east of the Las Olas Blvd intracoastal bridge and find your own viewing spot. The meters take credit cards and bills.

http://winterfestparade.com/index.php?p=buy&shopCategId=15

Here you can purchase tickets to guarantee that you will be able to see the parade at Birch State Park on Sunrise Blvd. As an alternative, you could try to park in the metered lot just east of the Las Olas Blvd intracoastal bridge and find your own viewing spot. The meters take credit cards and bills.

Thank you! Have you been to this event before?

Thank you! Have you been to this event before?

I've viewed the boat parade from private homes and from on the parade boats but haven't been to the organized grandstand viewing area so I don't know what it is like. I know that the parade draws out thousands of people and it is hard to park and hard to get a good viewing spot. After seeing it over 15 times, I don't go anymore.