Sapphire Dry Dock?

DP

Thanks for asking this DP! I too am wondering the same. I know she hasn't had the "upgrades" yet, and I also read on the Princess website that they were hoping to furnish all of the ships by 2011, so I'm sure it will be between now and then. I tried really hard to find the Sapphire MIA in the next 18 months but couldn't, she seems to be accounted for through March 2011 unless I missed something which is very possible:rolleyes: We were actually hoping they didn't upgrade her until after our Feb. 26 2011 Hawaii cruise, we really like her the way she is, and aren't big fans of MUTS so we were hoping just one last ride!

I also looked at next year's schedule and could not find any missing dates. I am booked for a 62 day Seattle/Sydney/LA cruise in 2010 and just wondered if they planned on updating her prior to this sailing.

I also looked at next year's schedule and could not find any missing dates. I am booked for a 62 day Seattle/Sydney/LA cruise in 2010 and just wondered if they planned on updating her prior to this sailing.

Hi DP

We hope that she doesn't go into dry dock either. We are on the same cruise San Fran to Sydney although DH couldn't take 60 days on board, and besides I want to stay and visit in Sydney a while.

Don't forget to drop in on the Sapphire Roll calls and meet your cruise mates.

Snowbird

Very good point, a lot of people were very angry about the Golden's last cruise before her drydocking this spring.

No kidding! I saw a lot of people who complained about the overall experience, I learned from their mistakes! Rickek I hope your right!!! Infact I hope they schedule it for May, which would be right after the Hawaii season:D Snowbird, I can't wait to hear your review, your going to love this ship! Even without the Int'l Cafe and MUTS, she fantastic! It says a lot about a ship that shines and stands on her own without the most recent "upgrades." I'm really hoping Princess just leaves her and the Diamond alone, maybe update the luxury feel like the TV's and new mattresses would be a nice touch, but otherwise, as they say, if it aint broke, don't fix it! :p

When we took our first cruise with mutts, I was excited and thought it was a great idea. After sailing a few times now with the mutts I find it loud and obnoxious. The volume is so loud that I cant bear sitting next to the pool anymore. In fact I spend way less time on deck now because of the noise. Its a shame they have to add these new things to every ship.

:confused: why??

I was on last week and the rumour from crew was that the drydock would now be taking place next year not 2011.

Gosh, I hope it's not just after her 60 day cruise west coast to Sydney and back September/October 2010!! :eek:

Why is the last cruise before drydocking bad?

Snowbird

My neighbor and I are sailing on the Sapphire on September 12th which is the last Alaskan Cruise. She then goes to the Mexican Rivera for the rest of the year and into 2010.

I have been on several of the ships with MUTS, and I can not say that I am to crazy about them. And yes it is too loud.

I am looking foward to the Alaskan Cruise.

Smiles.......Kitty (Nan)

My first experience with MUTS was on the Emerald. I have to agree, I stayed away from the pool area during the day because the sound was obnoxious. I did, however, enjoy watching movies at night as another entertainment option. One night we didn't go to the dining room; instead got burgers and fries to eat while watching our movie. I'm glad the Sapphire doesn't have MUTS yet as I'm sailing her to Alaska on Sept 12th also. I think Princess should MUTS out of the Diamond and Sapphire upgrades.

Gosh, I hope it's not just after her 60 day cruise west coast to Sydney and back September/October 2010!! :eek:

Snowbird

Because they start work during that cruise in order to keep the ship out of service for as little time as possible.

Snowbird

They close many areas of the ship. You cannot get away from the smell of the heavy work (welding, etc.) We tried going to the Skywalker bar, but the toilets fro closed. We are still taking them to small claims court.

Hi,

Does anyone know when the Diamond will be going into dry dock?? Will she then have MUTS as well, or does she already have this?

Sorry, have not been on the Diamond but looking into it for January 2011 - Sydney to Auckland, NZ. Very excited about this!!!

Just cant decide on which balcony cabin - have heard A744 or A746 are awesome cabins....

Vicki.

Archived