Tropical Storm Danny

readytogo2

I'm getting a little concerned with what I'm hearing about Tropical Storm Danny.:eek: We are leaving this Sat on the Triumph for our first Carnival cruise to Canada. So far my nails are bitten to the quick. For those interested in the projected path.........click here

I'm getting a little concerned with what I'm hearing about Tropical Storm Danny.:eek: We are leaving this Sat on the Triumph for our first Carnival cruise to Canada. So far my nails are bitten to the quick. For those interested in the projected path.........click here

It does appear to be headed that way. Hopefully by the time it reaches NE it will have fizzled out to only rain.

It will likely be weakened before you tangle with it.

You will get some rain and some choppy seas, but I bet you get to make your ports of call - you should be ahead of the storm.

Sailaway should be really nice!

Thanks, I need to hear things like that:)

Where is embarkation? Looks to me like you will be behind the storm' date=' not in front. Unless you leave from northeast coast. :eek: They might send you south to avoid storms.[/color']

We board our ship at 1PM in NYC

Where is embarkation? Looks to me like you will be behind the storm' date=' not in front. Unless you leave from northeast coast. :eek: They might send you south to avoid storms.[/color']

That's a possibility - they could let the storm pass and sail behind it, maybe to Bermuda? Could the ship make it there and back in time? Let's see... 669 nautical miles, divide by 21 knots cruise speed, and you get 31 hours. Seem like that would be possible.

Bermuda is wickedly beautiful!

That's a possibility - they could let the storm pass and sail behind it, maybe to Bermuda? Could the ship make it there and back in time? Let's see... 669 nautical miles, divide by 21 knots cruise speed, and you get 31 hours. Seem like that would be possible.

Bermuda is wickedly beautiful!

Gee.. I wouldn't mind that at all:D

Gee.. I wouldn't mind that at all:D

You would be in for a treat if they did that.

Whatever happens, it will be interesting. I know there are lots of people here who will be keeping an eye on it.

One thing to think of, if you are flying in the day of the cruise there could be weather delays, so get to the airport extra early.

You would be in for a treat if they did that.

Whatever happens, it will be interesting. I know there are lots of people here who will be keeping an eye on it.

One thing to think of, if you are flying in the day of the cruise there could be weather delays, so get to the airport extra early.

Thankfully we live on Long island and it's only an hour drive.

I am also nervous. We fly out of Boston Sunday am to Miami. Scheduled to leave on Valor sunday afternoon. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed but i hope it is out of here in time for my 7:45am flight.

I'm sure we will not be the only ones crossing fingers;)...let's hope for it to weaken a heck of a lot before it hits the east coast. Good luck and have a great cruise:)

Be prepared!

10 years ago, hurricane Floyd came through. Don't remember the exact times.

The Triumph spent the night at the dock, and sailed the next morning.

The ship rocked and rolled the whole next day, but the rest of the trip was uneventful, weather wise.

We were fortunate to be booked two weeks later.

Be prepared!

10 years ago, hurricane Floyd came through. Don't remember the exact times.

The Triumph spent the night at the dock, and sailed the next morning.

The ship rocked and rolled the whole next day, but the rest of the trip was uneventful, weather wise.

We were fortunate to be booked two weeks later.

I'm wondering if the Triumph will have to spend the night at the Dock too, last Sat, my friends went on a Princess cruise also going to Canada and because of Hurricane Bill, they spent the night tied to the dock in Brooklyn. I sure hope it doesn't happen especially as our cruise is only for 5 days.

Unless something drastic happens in the next several hours' date=' you'll probably just experience some interesting weather and choppy seas.

Always a risk during hurricane season, for sure.[/quote']

Already picked up the Bonine pills;). We never wanted to cruise during the hurricane season but we got so tempted at the lower prices so we couldn't resist. We figured we're not going into the Caribbean so we would be safe lol..little did we know:eek:

Archived