Getting E-Mail Addresses on This Board........

sail7seas

I must be doing something wrong but I have tried on a number of occasions to get someone's e-mail addy from the profile they have published here. Every single time I have tried, I receive the message that that person does not want to receive e-mail.

Then 'slinkiecat' below said that he/she had their e-mail listed in their profile. I just clicked her name to see how to get the e-mail and again got the message 'that person does not want to receive e-mail.

Obviously, they had listed their addy so why didn't the addy show?

Laura, No yours does not work. I do not think any of them do. under user CP. Edit Options it has this " You can allow other members to send you email messages. - THIS FEATURE IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME."

Not the part that says THIS FEATURE IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME. Unfortuately I think we just have to post our email address:confused:

Laura, No, My TA thinks anyone who knows anything is on vacation till next week. She thinks all the info will be released next week. I guess we will see.

In the mean time I am off to San Diego tomorrow afternoon to spend the Weekend with DH. We are hoping they will let him come home next Tuesday but who know if he does not get them new employess trained or if he can keep them from quiting before he gets them trained:eek: I even made reservations at a steakhouse that was recommended to me for New Years Eve. I plan to spend Saturday at Sea World. Good thing the Ryndam or Oosterdam will not be in port or I would be really tempted to find a way to get on board, you know at least let me have lunch at the Lido:D

What I post here is not my "real" address, but one I use for the general public. That keeps the spam, crazy messages and such away from my private address. That way, people can get ahold of me, but without the chance of some weird person sending equally weird stuff to my real address.

Laura, No, My TA thinks anyone who knows anything is on vacation till next week. She thinks all the info will be released next week. I guess we will see.

In the mean time I am off to San Diego tomorrow afternoon to spend the Weekend with DH. We are hoping they will let him come home next Tuesday but who know if he does not get them new employess trained or if he can keep them from quiting before he gets them trained:eek: I even made reservations at a steakhouse that was recommended to me for New Years Eve. I plan to spend Saturday at Sea World. Good thing the Ryndam or Oosterdam will not be in port or I would be really tempted to find a way to get on board, you know at least let me have lunch at the Lido:D

Lisa-

Have a great time! Hopefully the weather will be nice. :) Talk to you when you get back!

Thanks, Laura and Sail, I am at work right now but plan to leave in about an hour. Go home, get my carry on and get DS to drive Mom to the airport. I plan to see Shamu tomorrow:p weather permitting;) Still do not know for sure when DH can come home. A couple of the new hires he was training did not pass the airport security screening so they keep hiring more that he has to train. I think he is definitely getting tired of this already.

Have a Happy New Year Everyone !!!!!!!!!

...Then 'slinkiecat' below said that he/she had their e-mail listed in their profile. I just clicked her name to see how to get the e-mail and again got the message 'that person does not want to receive e-mail.

Obviously, they had listed their addy so why didn't the addy show?

It puzzled me too, because I rechecked my profile and I had checked the box to allow emails... Then I saw the notice that this option had been disabled. I guess the CC bosses don't want us to communicate privately via our profiles, for some reason.

Anyway, I added my email address to my signature so that temporarily I can be contacted by those who wish to do so (and some have written me today).

With a long cruise coming up and limited Internet time (purchased in a block of minutes) I won't be able to sit reading message boards by the hour on board, so it is nice to have a few contacts from the friends I've made to keep in touch.

At least we know those whose profile displays the AOL messenger icon can be reached by IM when they're online and asked if they would like to be emailed privately. Likewise with the Yahoo! icon.

Slinkie

SAIL<

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :)

Have a great time and a safe trip.

Laura,

Have a great weekend with DH and a Very Happy New Year :)

Can you try mine? ... I get email from CC members all the time, I'd be interested to see if it works for you.

Here's what I get when I click on your email link:

"Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. "

That's why I decided to put mine in my signature for the time being. At least those who want to contact me can do so, and I can take it off in a few days.

Slinkie

You could post your e-mail address in one of the "additional information" fields of your profile as I do. I got this tip from someone in an earlier thread. I still include the "_NOSPAM" which has to be removed manually for my valid address. This is to deter auto harvesting of my e-mail by spammers as someone else suggested.

Lynn Obie

Archived