Renting a car in Fort Lauderdale

grammagrace

Hi Everyone.

I have rented a car in Fort Lauderdale as we are arriving the day before our cruise. We have rented the car for Hertz Car Rental.

Question:

When I return the car the next day, is there a free shuttle from the Airport to Port Everglades?

Thanks in advance

this is from the fort lauderdale airport web site

http://www.broward.org/airport/about_faqs.htm#seaports

TRANSPORTATION TO AREA SEAPORTS

Q. How do I get to Port Everglades?

A. Located less than 4 miles to the east of Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport you can get to Port Everglades by Shared Ride (Shuttle) / Private Car, Taxi, or Tri-Rail.

I'm guessing you have to pay for all of these options. But you can get more info from that site.

Hi Everyone.

I have rented a car in Fort Lauderdale as we are arriving the day before our cruise. We have rented the car for Hertz Car Rental.

Question:

When I return the car the next day, is there a free shuttle from the Airport to Port Everglades? Thanks in advance

Take a taxi, it only cost about $10 to $12. You can always get transfers with the cruise line but in FT Lauderdale a taxi is cheaper.

Due to port security, there is no longer a free shuttle from the airport to Port Everglades. Taxis are plentiful across the street from the rental car center, outside the airport terminal, but beware the time of day and number of ships in port. It can be a long, slow ride so you might want to negotiate a flat rate with the driver. Does your hotel run a shuttle to the ship? We stayed at LaQuinta Airport in Hollywood and used their shuttle to the port. They also have a free shuttle to the airport. Enjoy your car, return it, and go back to the hotel for the shuttle (or just skip the car.) We have done it both ways and the hotel's shuttle was by far the easiest and most convenient.

Last Feb we rented a car from Dollar and picked it up in the terminal and dropped it off at there office the next day right at the entrance to Port Everglades. They then take you to the pier with their shuttle. In the past we took the car rental shuttle bus from the pier to the airport or vice versa. It was operated by most of the rental companies in the terminal. I don't know if they still do it.

We rented a car on January and dropped it in Ft Lauderdale airport, there was a shuttle for the people who where arriving in rental cars. Also when we returned we had the same service from the por to the airport. Please let us know if the service is still operating

Last time I rented from hertz - I think about 2 years ago, there was definitely shuttle service to the pier. Based on the different answers above - just call Hertz and ask.

Last year we rented from Budget and arranged the return to the location on 17th street - Quay shopping plaza, which is right next to the port entrance - they definitely take you to the pier from there.

In May we used Thrifty which is in the same building as Dollar just outside the entrance of Port Everglades. We were off the ship and in our rental car in 15 minutes. We also rented from Thrifty at the airport and dropped at the same Thrifty office before our cruise. Very easy....

Archived