I really need some help!

danajjj

Our first cruise was on the Constellation about 6 yrs. ago. It totally hooked us on cruising. Since then we have cruised several other lines ~ mostly RCI. We are diamond C&A members on RCI. We would like to book Celebrity again but don't know where to begin. We are thinking of trying the Solstice class. Can anyone tell me what to expect (differences b/n X and RCI). Also, what benefits might we experience being Diamond (Elite?) RCI C&A members.

Another question...we always book an aft balcony on RCI because we love the larger balconies. I have no clue about X cabin categories. Any help there would be appreciated as well.

We are sailing at the end of Sept. on RCI and would like to book X while onboard if there are any perks. I'm assuming we'll get OBC. I have lots of questions but will start there. Thanks for all of your help!:)

We are thinking of trying the Solstice class. Can anyone tell me what to expect (differences b/n X and RCI). Also, what benefits might we experience being Diamond (Elite?) RCI C&A members.

The Solstice Class is more like RCI than Century or Millennium Class, IMO. You will get the "ELITE" benefits on Celebrity because of your Diamond status on RCI. They are listed on the Celebrity web site. You will get OBC by booking while you are sailing.

Another question...we always book an aft balcony on RCI because we love the larger balconies.:)

The aft cabins on Solstice Class ships are not nearly as nice or as large as the "M"class ships' date=' as in Constellation. So, if the aft cabins are a deciding factor, I would book "M" class. :)[/color']

Our first cruise was on the Constellation about 6 yrs. ago. It totally hooked us on cruising. Since then we have cruised several other lines ~ mostly RCI. We are diamond C&A members on RCI. We would like to book Celebrity again but don't know where to begin. We are thinking of trying the Solstice class. Can anyone tell me what to expect (differences b/n X and RCI). Also, what benefits might we experience being Diamond (Elite?) RCI C&A members.

Another question...we always book an aft balcony on RCI because we love the larger balconies. I have no clue about X cabin categories. Any help there would be appreciated as well.

We are sailing at the end of Sept. on RCI and would like to book X while onboard if there are any perks. I'm assuming we'll get OBC. I have lots of questions but will start there. Thanks for all of your help!:)

We are much like you. We are Diamond RCI and last April or so, booked our first Celebrity Criuse for November. Here's what I have found in comparison:

First, our favorite ships were the Radiance Class - we found the Mariner and the Freedom, while FANTASTIC cruises, were WAAAAAY too crowded.

So, we looked for Radiance-like ships. Thus the Infinity (I think that is M-Class). We love the fact that the Infinity is the same size as Radiance, but FEWER PAX. ;)

Second, we were unhappy with RCI's decision to start taking away the Diamond perks. Celebrity is in the process of ADDING PERKS to their Elite Members. They now have ADDED the Micheal's Club happy hour (free drinks) like the Concierge lounge that RCI took away.

Third, everything we have read, heard, compared of the two lines shows that Celebrity is a bit of a step UP. Better dining (the menues look GREAT), service, etc.

Hope This Helps.

:) While we had a wonderful cruise on the Mariner of the Seas this past Jan. (mostly due to the great group of Hornblowers we met on the cc site beforehand) - we are going back to Celebrity and the Solstice this next winter.

For a couple of reasons -- wanted to see what all the hype is about re:

the new Solstice -- the photos I have viewed look amazing -- very contemporary and modern lines and decor.

We got the hump cabin for both legs.

The Mariner has tons of different activities --- lots to do and see. I

think Solstice will be more subdued.

Our biggest disappointment on the Mariner was the quality of the beef

in the MDR --- really very low grade - even our chuck roasts here at home

are more edible.

Have viewed the menus for the Solstice and they look fantastic ---- definitely will have to diet before AND after this one.

Our Panama Cruise on the Summit in 2007 was terrific - so hoping the

quality has not gone downhill with the turn in the economy.

On the negative side ---- Celebrity has done away with the T Pool on the

Solstice and Equinox ---- BIG mistake IMO.

Well, the days can't go fast enough for me.:)

Third, everything we have read, heard, compared of the two lines shows that Celebrity is a bit of a step UP. Better dining (the menues look GREAT), service, etc.

Hope This Helps.

And just ask Texed about the waffles:D. He is - undoubtedly - the Celebrity waffle expert!!

Thanks for the help.

DHADEN, we have been a little frustrated with RCI also. I have been wanting to try other lines for awhile and now seemed to be a good time. Not being able to combine balcony discount with other discounts sealed the deal for us. We are also considering other lines, so I'm trying to gather as much info as possible.

Texed, not sure about the waffles. My DH had french toast on our first cruise on the Constellation, and it was amazing. :D

During the time we would like to cruise it seems that the only ship/itinerary we would want to sail is the Solstice - no M class. What are the aft balconies like on the Solstice (how big are they)? Are there any regular balcony cabins across the stern or are they all suites?

Thanks for the help.

What are the different categories for balcony cabins? Are there any advantages/disadvantages to a specific category? What is the aquaclass?

The aft balconies on Solstice are the same size as regular balconies. There are a few that are larger. Mysticks1 has started a thread that is in the sticky which has a list of the Solstice cabin details - including bed position and which have a little larger balcony. Here is a link to the post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=20947742&highlight=#post20947742

Aqua class according to Celebrity's website:

AquaClass

For those who have entered a spa and never wanted to leave, Celebrity Solstice offers the new AquaClassSM stateroom. Sharing a deck with the AquaSpa® relaxation room, it incorporates select spa elements into the staterooms, allows for specialized access to spa amenities, and features assigned seating at the healthfully delicious Blu.

Stateroom: 194 sq. ft.

Veranda: 54 sq. ft.

A brand new class of staterooms on Celebrity SolsticeSM, AquaClassSM brings a tranquil, relaxing atmosphere into your stateroom, while providing unlimited access to many of the AquaSpa® amenities.

Features:

• Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors

• Sitting area with sofa

• Two beds convertible to queen-size

• Vanity

• Hansgrohe shower panel

• 32" LCD TV

• Wireless internet access*

• Veranda

* For a nominal fee

AquaClass Indulgences:

• Welcome champagne

• Daily fruit selection

• Fresh-cut flowers

• Daily hors d'oeuvres

• Unlimited access to the AquaSpa relaxation room and the Persian Garden

• Complimentary daily bottled water and iced tea

• Special programming and wellness classes

• Menu of pillows-Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic®

• Duvets and pillow-top mattresses

• Leather key holder, personalized stationery and a tote bag, Frette bathrobes

• Hansgrohe® showerhead

• VIP invitations to events

• Early embarkation and debarkation

• Dining and seating preference

• Preference on shore excursions

• Express luggage delivery

• Shoeshine service

As far as the different cabin categories on Solstice, you can go to the Celebrity website under Plan a Cruise, select Ships, and then Solstice, and on the page that comes up select Solstice Staterooms

From what I have been reading (actual experience will come in November on the Equinox TA), the aft balconies on the Solstice class ships are totally uncovered, which means you will be completely "open" to the elements -- be it rain or sunshine! What a shame they aren't as wonderful as the M class ships' aft balconies. BUMMER!

You can see that they are actually not very much in demand - as opposed to the M class - when you find that they are easily available for booking. On the M class ships, those aft balconies are practically the first cabins which are sold out.

Archived