Laundry/Dry Cleaning Rates?

ocdb8r

Anyone have a list of the Laundry/Dry Cleaning rates? Specific to the Jade would be nice, but I'll take what I can get.

Also, whats the deal with the $1 pressing service on embarkation. This seems very hit and miss...why isn't it a standard offering?

OP... We have never sailed the Jade, but we have found the laundry prices to be very consistant with NCL and they have always been very reasonable I believe. I think they are usually less than you pay at a hotel for laundry services. They do have the "fill a bag special" at some point during a seven day cruise (or longer) where you can fill the laundry bag as full as you can get it for a set rate, usually $20.00 or $25.00. While that is a good deal, on our Alaskan cruise May of 08, we had spent several days before the cruise in Seattle so by the time the second or third day of the cruise came around I needed to do some laundry. I filled a bag full and it came to a total of $26.00. So even without the fill a bag special it was not that expensive.. especially for someone else to do your laundry while you are enjoying your vacation.. 8-)

I read somewhere on CC that the laundry bags are a little flimsy, and bust at the seams. Although I've been on several NCL cruises, I've never used the laundry service so have no idea how big the bags are. But, going on a 13 day T/A cruise I think I will need to use the service this time! Can anyone tell me how big the bags are - can I fit several pairs of jeans or pants (like maybe 4) plus shirts? :)

Yes, if you roll your clothes up tightly. The trick to get as much as possible in the special laundry bag is to roll your clothes....

Keep in mind the normal prices are very reasonable. One can use the ship's laundry on more than the special day.

With what airlines charge for checked bags, the ship's laundry is a deal....

I read somewhere on CC that the laundry bags are a little flimsy, and bust at the seams. Although I've been on several NCL cruises, I've never used the laundry service so have no idea how big the bags are. But, going on a 13 day T/A cruise I think I will need to use the service this time! Can anyone tell me how big the bags are - can I fit several pairs of jeans or pants (like maybe 4) plus shirts? :)

A tip that I have read about here on CC several times is some people will stick a roll of duct tape in their luggage for this very reason.. so they can tape up any rips in the laundry bag special.. hehehehe.. (for real.. i have read that).

I know I have stuffed at least two pair of jeans, four shirts, four or five pair of socks and 4 or 5 pair of underwear in a bag. And keep in mind my jeans and shirts take up a lot of room being a big guy and all. 8-)

A tip that I have read about here on CC several times is some people will stick a roll of duct tape in their luggage for this very reason.. so they can tape up any rips in the laundry bag special.. hehehehe.. (for real.. i have read that).

Thats my plan. I already got it at the dollar store. Its the perfect size to take on a cruise.

i found the prices even BETTER than locally on some items to be pressed

and you can STUCK ALOT in those bags...ROLL-UP very tightly...i was amazed at how much we got in there...and no rip---its actually 23" long

and 16" wide...i had one i just measured....lol....

i just found a laundry receipt and it was from the STAR 2009(dec)

to press a suit was $6.50 a gown was $5.75

I know I have stuffed at least two pair of jeans, four shirts, four or five pair of socks and 4 or 5 pair of underwear in a bag. And keep in mind my jeans and shirts take up a lot of room being a big guy and all. 8-)

You know, for some reason, duct tape is always something I pack - no matter where I travel. It always comes in handy - for broken luggage locks, ripped luggage, quick tent repair, etc. - now for laundry bags!:)

II posted a question about the laundry bag special and was told by a poster who said he/she worked for NCL that that is not available on all NCL cruises.

I think that could very well be true for shorter cruises. On 7 day cruises it takes them 2 to 3 days to return your laundry, so on a three or four day cruise I can see where they would not offer that.

when you do the LAUNDRY (stuff in a bag) it comes back all folded

i am real PICKY about how my clothes are done and EVERYTHING i sent came back just fine....i would suggest that you make a list of stuff you send cos you will be stuffin it so full and you need to remember what you send...when it is returned go thru and make sure....not sure what you do if it doesnt:eek:i have done it twice now and EVERYTHING came back safe and sound

if you request to be pressed--other times --you indicate folded or hanger

the bags are paper...on the thin side but still AMAZED how much you can get in without ripping!!!

• 1 month later...
One bag was 24.95 on our ship. I did not participate but I talked to one lady that said all her clothes came back with a gray cast, colors and whites washed together and they smelled moldly or something.

which cruise was that? I just came back this month from an NCL cruise(on the about to leave the fleet majesty). The $1 per item pressing on everything the first night was in effect. I sent out 9 items. The $25.00 special was in effect from the the second night on. We did it halfway through the cruise. Everything was returned perfectly clean without a tint or musty smell by the following night.

which cruise was that? I just came back this month from an NCL cruise(on the about to leave the fleet majesty). The $1 per item pressing on everything the first night was in effect. I sent out 9 items. The $25.00 special was in effect from the the second night on. We did it halfway through the cruise. Everything was returned perfectly clean without a tint or musty smell by the following night.

Jade. That's great, just one report I got. This was offered on the two days at sea. I never saw the pressing offer, that's cheap.

I just got back from the Gem 3 weeks ago and they had the 1dollar press anything first night which is a great deal I felt the bags were of a good size and never had a problem filling it. I am addicted to suites though and that is one of the perks they do you laundry bag for free. However those little yellow tags they put on them(Iassume to identify) are hard to get off. Clothes come back folded clean and smelling great. Love the GEM

I just got back from the Gem 3 weeks ago and they had the 1dollar press anything first night which is a great deal I felt the bags were of a good size and never had a problem filling it. I am addicted to suites though and that is one of the perks they do you laundry bag for free. However those little yellow tags they put on them(Iassume to identify) are hard to get off. Clothes come back folded clean and smelling great. Love the GEM

Truly? All suites get the laundry bag free? If this is so it's changed recently as its not listed on the suites perks list. If true all of us in suites on the Gem TA in exactly a month will be doing the "Laundry dance".

Anyone have a list of the Laundry/Dry Cleaning rates? Specific to the Jade would be nice, but I'll take what I can get.

Also, whats the deal with the $1 pressing service on embarkation. This seems very hit and miss...why isn't it a standard offering?

Here is a link to a document that shows laundry info for the Star for our last sailing October 3rd of this year. I would guess that the pricing is pretty similar fleet wide.

Ship Services

On Page 6 to the right is the normal laundry list. On page 7 you will find details on the $1 press embarkation special and lower on the page the best fill-a-bag laundry special on the cruise for $19.95. This was offered later in the 7-day cruise and I chose the special earlier for $24.95 (I didn't know they were going to drop the price!)

What suite where you in on the Gem that they gave you a laundry bag service for free? I too, had not hear of this "perk" and will be on the Gem next week.

I read through the materials posted by ValleyCruiser, but I remain confused/concerned. The "special" listed is for $19.95, but is intended to have items cleaned and pressed for your trip home.

No where can I find information about the standard cost of a laundry bag earlier in the cruise. We are on a 7-day Jewel cruise in December, and would like to have laundry done on day 3 with the hopes of getting it back by day 5. We are willing to pay the full price (assuming its in the $26 range). Is this service offered or can you only get a "going home" laundry bag.

I read through the materials posted by ValleyCruiser, but I remain confused/concerned. The "special" listed is for $19.95, but is intended to have items cleaned and pressed for your trip home.

No where can I find information about the standard cost of a laundry bag earlier in the cruise. We are on a 7-day Jewel cruise in December, and would like to have laundry done on day 3 with the hopes of getting it back by day 5. We are willing to pay the full price (assuming its in the $26 range). Is this service offered or can you only get a "going home" laundry bag.

Sorry for the confusion.

On our last cruise aboard the Star, a 7-day cruise, we did receive a laundry bag special on Day 3, for $24.95, and that is the special I chose to use. Our clothes were back to us the next day. I didn't expect another, cheaper special later.

As far as knowing the standard cost of a laundry special, it seems to me that if it is a special, they can choose whether to offer the special or not, and the price at which to offer it, and when as well.

I think the standard pricing is for laundry is the a la carte pricing shown on the normal laundry list I referred to in the previous posted link.

Archived