La concha -San Juan

whyme

Has anyone stayed in this resort in San Juan , Puerto rico

Yes, we have stayed at this resort and LOVED it. It is one of our favorite hotels of any place we have stayed and we got a great deal through priceline. If you go over to the ports of call thread, caribbean, San Juan you can find a lot of useful information on hotels, San Juan and priceline. here's a link to one of the threads about LaConcha. You will enjoy it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1035976

hahaha fend bass Its still the same but different :D The outer structure was not redone That bowling pin looking design is still there. Now they reconstructed the whole inside..rooms,lobby etc all new. very modern looking.they even "created" a beach.

this hotel is right in the middle of ashford avenue.

many restaurants and bars all within walking distance. Theres a subway,waldgreens, dunkin donuts,haagen daz baskin robbins,nearby.

You will really like this property.

Outside the hotel you can catch a bus to old san juan @75 cents or one of the free shuttles on sat/sun.

I will be there again in december Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay me :)

*sweet*

hahaha fend bass Its still the same but different :D The outer structure was not redone That bowling pin looking design is still there. Now they reconstructed the whole inside..rooms,lobby etc all new. very modern looking.they even "created" a beach.

I wonder if we're talking about the same hotel? The one we stayed at was right on the beach, just down from the El San Juan hotel. I don't remember the name of the street it was on, but it was in the middle of everything.

I still have the brochure, but it's packed away with my wedding momentos, so I can't easily check.:D

Mary

The La Concha recently reopened after being totally renovated after being closed for years & years. We stayed at the original incarnation on our honeymoon in 1964. Yes, it's on Ashford Ave & yes, it has it's own beach. It is now a Renaissance Hotel

Hi Sweetair, Thank you for the clarification! We must be talking about two different hotels, because I do remember that the hotel where we stayed wasn't in the Condado Beach area. I remember that much off the top of my head. Was there a Dorado Beach area?

Mary

Thanks everyone,,I should have put down that it is now the Marriot La Concha ,,and yes we got a great price through priceline.

We are on the January 11th 2010, cruise on the Millenium

Hello everyone:

La Concha is across the street from Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Cartier and Salvatore Ferragamo and also from one of my favorite restaurants, Buddatai. If you want to try asian-latin food you can go there. La Perla is the best restaurant in La Concha, try to ask for an early dinner, the view of the sunset is to die for.

Mary, Dorado Beach is in Dorado, a twenty min. drive from San Juan. I heard that the Ritz Carlton is openning a new hotel there. If you like golf, Dorado is a great area (Chi Chi Rodriguez and Ricky Martin own houses in Dorado). For golf lovers Palmas Del Mar is another good option, in 2011 a Regent Hotel is going to open in Palmas.

drarill: i usually spend 1 week each year in PR. I just discovered buddatai this past summer. It has a very interesting menu and definitely different from the usual pr/cuban/mexican restaurants.

nonna and papa: you should re-discover this island. I love PR.

*sweet*

Hi,

Stayed here in December 2008. It is a lovely hotel. Very funky qnd lively. The rooms are great and the lobby area has a great bar/restaurance area. Tey also have an outdoor patio. I hightly recommend this hotel. Do get an ocean view room on a high floor. The beach gets pretty busy on the weekend but the view is fantastic.

thanks for the heads up drarill :)

i stayed a week at the conrad (used to be the condado plaza) We didnt see or hear anything about pikayo being there. I knew it was at the museum and never had the opportunity to try it.

maybe try it in march 2010

*sweet*

Archived