Refund to FCC account, error in Governement Fees & Taxes on recent Mexico Cruise

WWCJR

I don't know if this will apply to other cruises or just the one we were on but thought I would give a heads up to others.

I just learned from DW that she got an email from Princess that I did not receive concerning an error in port charges during our March 14th Ruby Princess cruise. Rather than try to explain it all I will just paste part of that email below that details the error and the credit and how they are handling it. Since it is a credit to the Captain Circle account you have to use it by the deadline or request a refund by contacting Princess. While I did not get the email the credit is shown on my Captain Circle account.

"We enjoyed having you onboard Ruby Princess® and hope you have wonderful memories of your Caribbean voyage.

We are contacting you at this time because you have been identified as a past passenger who sailed on Ruby Princess® to Mexican ports last winter.

During a recent review we have identified an administrative error in the calculation of the Government Fees and Taxes on your recent Mexico voyage. The result of this review was an over charge to your account of approximately $10 USD per person.

As a gesture of goodwill we have credited your Captain’s Circle account with a Future Cruise Credit of $25 USD per person. This credit will be available for you to use onboard any future Princess Cruise® booked by September 31, 2011.

If this offer does not meet your needs, in lieu of the future cruise credit, you may request a refund of the over charge of approximately $10 per person by writing to us at the address below before September 31, 2009:

Princess CruisesCustomer Relations

24844 Ave. Rockefeller

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Please provide your full name and booking number.

We sincerely apologize for this error on our part and look forward to hosting you again on a future Princess cruise."

I don't know if this will apply to other cruises or just the one we were on but thought I would give a heads up to others.

I just learned from DW that she got an email from Princess that I did not receive concerning an error in port charges during our March 14th Ruby Princess cruise. Rather than try to explain it all I will just paste part of that email below that details the error and the credit and how they are handling it. Since it is a credit to the Captain Circle account you have to use it by the deadline or request a refund by contacting Princess. While I did not get the email the credit is shown on my Captain Circle account.

"We enjoyed having you onboard Ruby Princess® and hope you have wonderful memories of your Caribbean voyage.

We are contacting you at this time because you have been identified as a past passenger who sailed on Ruby Princess® to Mexican ports last winter.

During a recent review we have identified an administrative error in the calculation of the Government Fees and Taxes on your recent Mexico voyage. The result of this review was an over charge to your account of approximately $10 USD per person.

As a gesture of goodwill we have credited your Captain’s Circle account with a Future Cruise Credit of $25 USD per person. This credit will be available for you to use onboard any future Princess Cruise® booked by September 31, 2011.

If this offer does not meet your needs, in lieu of the future cruise credit, you may request a refund of the over charge of approximately $10 per person by writing to us at the address below before September 31, 2009:

24844 Ave. Rockefeller

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

We sincerely apologize for this error on our part and look forward to hosting you again on a future Princess cruise."

The key word in their email is future. I may be wrong but if you've already have a cruise booked prior to the email & have the $25 p/p shown in your account I still don't think you can get it applied to that cruise.

24844 Ave. Rockefeller

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

How long ago did you receive this letter???

We sailed to the western caribbean leaving April 4th on Ruby, have not gotten a letter as of yet.

How long ago did you receive this letter???

We sailed to the western caribbean leaving April 4th on Ruby, have not gotten a letter as of yet.

I did not receive this email either but my DW did. She received it on Aufust 19th but just told me about it this morning. That is when I checked my Captains Circle account and discovered that I had received the credit as well.

As stated in the email "This credit will be available for you to use onboard any future Princess Cruise® booked by September 31, 2011."

Now as pointed out, there is no September 31th in any year (unless someone made September another month with an extra day during leap year when we were not watching). Just keep in mind that if you have received this credit and will not be on a cruise booked prior to the end of Sept 2011, you can only request a refund until the end on Sept. 2009, not the 2011 date for booking a cruise.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about the refund, I know I am trying to figure it out. :confused: There may be 2 recent refunds that are being confused.

Refund 1, suddenly appeared on my cc account as $25 credit (dh has it also) and it is listed as a "Voyage goodwill" offer. Exp Sept 30, 2011. Called our TA and she got $50 off of final payment for our upcoming cruise. Not obc.

Several days later I received an email from Princess saying dh and I are getting a refund for our past Ruby cruise. This has an exp. of Sept 31, 2011.

It seems these are two separate deals...........doesn't it????????:confused:

There seems to be a lot of confusion about the refund, I know I am trying to figure it out. :confused: There may be 2 recent refunds that are being confused.

Refund 1, suddenly appeared on my cc account as $25 credit (dh has it also) and it is listed as a "Voyage goodwill" offer. Exp Sept 30, 2011. Called our TA and she got $50 off of final payment for our upcoming cruise. Not obc.

Several days later I received an email from Princess saying dh and I are getting a refund for our past Ruby cruise. This has an exp. of Sept 31, 2011.

It seems these are two separate deals...........doesn't it????????:confused:

I think this just might be the case. In any case I think Princess is trying to do the right thing. In our case we are getting a $25 onboard credit for a $10 error made by Princess. I think that is being very fair and doing more than they have to do.

We sailed on the Ruby in November and also received the email. It is for a Future Cruise Credit only. It is not for onboard cruise credits. We are sailing in January on the Grand and are using as a Cruise Credit. All though my TA is only giving us 80% of the $50.00 as she stated they have already discounted the cruise. Not going to argue. Our cruise has already dropped in price since we booked.

We sailed on the Ruby in November and also received the email. It is for a Future Cruise Credit only. It is not for onboard cruise credits. We are sailing in January on the Grand and are using as a Cruise Credit. All though my TA is only giving us 80% of the $50.00 as she stated they have already discounted the cruise. Not going to argue. Our cruise has already dropped in price since we booked.

This is not what is stated in our email. It clearly states "This credit will be available for you to use onboard any future Princess Cruise® booked by September 31, 2011." Now where does it say it is for a Future Cruise Credit? It is shown on your Captains Circle account though.

Possibly you got a different refund for a different reason as was discussed above. Sounds like two different things being discussed.

Ignoring the Sept 31 thing, they are basically saying if don't complain you will get an onboard credit if you have a cruise booked. However, if you took a one time cruise with us and we don't get notification that you want the refund we will pocket the difference. There will be a lawyer all over this.

It is not an onboard credit. It will be applied as a credit towards your next cruise.

I just used mine on a new booking.

I sailed the Ruby in Dec.

Did you get the full $50 or was it discounted 20 % by you TA for a commission?

Archived