dining question

Tac123

Hi we have booked to go on the legend of the seas and the travel agent gave me a choice of two dinner sittings. I chose 8.30 and with a table of 8 people. Am I stuck with this arrangement or can we eat in any other restaurants to suit ourselves ? yes we are very new to this, so help greatly appreciated.:confused:

When you board, check your table assignment. If you are unhappy, see the Maitre D' to have it changed. We always request a table for two but it is rarely assigned, so our first stop is always the Maitre D'. (second stop is for honey stung chicken in the windjammer!)

You are not stuck.

If you decided you want to dine in the traditional (fixed time in the main dining room with the same table mates each night) you can still eat in your state room with room service or the Windjammer (buffet) or any of the snack locations on the ship.

If you decide you prefer just dining with members of your party - you can opt for a smaller table (just tell the Maitre D when you get on board or choose MTD (My Time Dining) but you are required to prepay gratuities for the MTD option.

There are a few, but easier to get with the MTD option.

Unless it is a special cruise, birthday or anniversary, sharing the table with other cruisers is usually a nice way to spend dinner.

When cruising with DH we opt for traditional dining with other passengers, when cruising with DS we go for MTD. On some ships MTD is a little more relaxed and you dine on your schedule. If you don't mind prepaying the gratuity check with your TA about changing.

There are a few, but easier to get with the MTD option.

Unless it is a special cruise, birthday or anniversary, sharing the table with other cruisers is usually a nice way to spend dinner.

When cruising with DH we opt for traditional dining with other passengers, when cruising with DS we go for MTD. On some ships MTD is a little more relaxed and you dine on your schedule. If you don't mind prepaying the gratuity check with your TA about changing.

I am really sorry but what is my time dining? how does it work and how much do you pre pay? Should I have been given that option when booking? I feel as if need to to go on a course to learn all about cruises.We are not going until Feb and I feel stressed out about it which I know is stupid

Oh don't stress - once your reservation is made - almost all the decisions are taken care of!

My Time Dining is relatively new to Royal Caribbean. It allow passengers to opt out of traditional early/late seating choice and making reservations at a time more convenient for them. Some ships have handled the new feature better than other. You might want to check some recent reviews of Legend to see how well it is working.

On some ships you can reserve a different time for dinner every night or just stop in when you are ready for dinner and wait for a table. This option is most like a traditional land based restaurant. Most of the time you will get a table for 2. The Maitre D' will ask if you would like to share a table. Some ships seem to require you select the same time every night.

To qualify for this option you can prepay your gratuities and request MTD instead of traditional. The alternative is to wait until you are onboard and go to Guest Services and make the change there. (I prefer to do it in advance so I have one less thing to think about when I board the ship.)

Gratuities are $9.75 per person per day (anything less than a suite). It covers all meals except room service and your cabin steward.

Guest maddycat

Ask your travel agent to change your dining room request to a table for 2. Then when you get on board check your dining room assignment. If you are not happy with your seating arrangements ask for a change.

Feel free to go to the specialty restaurants or the windjammer for dinner if you choose.

Don't be worried about dining with others. On our 1st cruise, be were very apprehensive, but it was great! Once you introduce yourselves, you're no longer strangers. And, it's fun having folks to talk to...everyone is into cruising, so that's 1 thing you've already got in common. Folks tell about their adventures in port, their plans for the next day...a large table has MUCH more fun than smaller tables! Try it!

We truly look forward to dinner with our tablemates everynight...it's a FUN part of the day!

Archived