TV Connections on Ruby Princess

Dakinecruiser

Does anyone have a picture of the TV hook ups on the Ruby Princess ship? We will be staying in a mini suite on a cruise to Alaska. I am trying to figure out if we can watch movies that I have on my iPhone and what type of connections are required. Thank you!

These were still on post-drydock in December and I'll be happy to look on Tuesday to confirm.

That would be awesome! My wife might be wanting to watch movies while we are on sea days...

Anyone know if you can rent DVD players on board and/or DVD's?

Edited by HI-C-Dubs

That would be awesome! My wife might be wanting to watch movies while we are on sea days...

There are a number of movies for free on TV on board.

Don't think they have DVD players to rent.

A stack of movies.

The View Sonics were the same TV's in use in January and I have used the HDMI plug in in the past. However, I have never seen any mention of DVD rentals on any Princess ships but I guess one could inquire at the PSD.

There are movies shown on the Ruby but there not on-demand using their system. They have scheduled start times which make viewing a complete movie changeling at best. We either miss endings or have to leave in the middle because we're going to dinner or arrive after the movie has started- aggravating. :( Many time I just gave up on some of them till I got home.

There are no DVD players available except in the full suites. They have many DVD's to view but they're not the latest ones. (from what I've read). I think you can borrow 2 at a time max.

IMHO who goes on a cruise to watch movies?????

FWIW one can order these on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-SDVD9805-SDVD9805-C-9-Inch-Screen/dp/B00BHSI5QA?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

You could then watch DVD's all over the ship and even bring a DVD to the dining room to watch while you eat.

Howard

IMHO who goes on a cruise to watch movies?????

I'm with you Joe. I only watch the news & weather to see how bad it's in Boston :eek: I normally cruise in January and February it's to cold to stay home.

Tony

One time, I had my grand kids watch to have an idea of what cruising was before.

Honestly, the few times I've watched the show I've never seen anything like the real world of cruising in any time period. It's a warped impression of what someone though would be good entertainment for TV 40 years ago. :p

On our recent Diamond Princess cruise we had both HDMI and the red/white/yellow connectors available, but forgot to take a universal remote to change the input. The remotes available in the cabin don't have an input button. Needless to say we couldn't use the DVD player with the tv. I'll need to pick one up before our next vacation.

On our recent Diamond Princess cruise we had both HDMI and the red/white/yellow connectors available, but forgot to take a universal remote to change the input. The remotes available in the cabin don't have an input button. Needless to say we couldn't use the DVD player with the tv. I'll need to pick one up before our next vacation.

I did a similar thing on a 30 day trip on the Coral with my DVD player. I tried to purchase a remote at every port without any luck & had dozens of movies we could have watched. Very aggravating.:(

Thanks so much for the information so far! So, it looks like the inputs are there, but just no remotes with the input switching. Anyone know what make/model these TV's are or a suggested universal remote to get?

Maybe they should invest in Apple TV's :D

They used to be ViewSonic in 2009. At the time I didn't look for a way of changing the input since I wasn't interested in feeding it with a video but I'm surprised that others report that there isn't a way since other Princess ships allow it.(exceptions are the Regal & Royal :mad:)

DSC07740%20Ruby%20TV%203_zpshskclnxl.jpg

Edited by floridalover5623

Thanks so much for the information so far! So, it looks like the inputs are there, but just no remotes with the input switching. Anyone know what make/model these TV's are or a suggested universal remote to get?

Maybe they should invest in Apple TV's :D

On regal and royal, the input function is disabled.

I used a universal remote phone app. I could change

volume and channel, but not input.

Additionally, the tvs were nearly flush against the wall,

making it nearly impossible to reach any inputs.

If princess wishes to disable a feature, other than high cost,

what would be the advantage of Apple?

On regal and royal, the input function is disabled.

I used a universal remote phone app. I could change

volume and channel, but not input.

Additionally, the tvs were nearly flush against the wall,

making it nearly impossible to reach any inputs.

If princess wishes to disable a feature, other than high cost,

what would be the advantage of Apple?

I even managed to unplug their HDMI input on the Regal & feed it with my HDMI signal & it didn't work.

They've got it set up to look for an authorizing signal from the main computer. :(