Genoa to Nice Airport Transfers

joseph123

Looking to get some type of transport on a Sunday from the cruise port in Genoa to the Nice airport. I need to catch a 3:00 pm flight and the train and bus do not leave early enough. Wondering if any of the cruise lines offer any type of transfers. Flights out of Genoa are very limited unfortunately. Concerned that I will not be able to get to the flight, any suggestions?

So, we are back to doing our daily geography lesson. From Genoa to the Nice Cote d'Azur airport is approximately 125 miles by road. Having driven the route we can tell you that its approximately 2 1/2 hours and if you want to take the train you are looking at at least 3 hours (with limited options). The reality is that no cruise line is going to even think about using Nice Cote d'Azur as an airport for a cruise ending in Genoa. The norm would be to use Malpensa (in Milan) which is actually not much closer....but is just the norm.

So what to do in your situation? You can certainly arrange to rent a car (one-way) and pay the big bucks for a drop in a different country (another reason favoring the use of Malpensa). Otherwise, you will probably have to arrange to hire your own car/driver which is going to cost hundreds of Euros. And of course the obvious solution is to schedule air in/out of Genoa's own international airport which does offer flights to many major European cities.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

• 1 month later...

I was finally able to book a flight directly into Genoa and out of Nice from the US, so will only need to take the train to Nice one way once the cruise is over. MSC does not offer air inclusive packages for US customers, so that was not an option for me. Looks like there is now direct train service between the cities and a bus from the Nice airport which would be convenient if flying out of Nice. I also explored flying into Milan, which seemed more complicated to me.

I was finally able to book a flight directly into Genoa and out of Nice from the US, so will only need to take the train to Nice one way once the cruise is over. MSC does not offer air inclusive packages for US customers, so that was not an option for me. Looks like there is now direct train service between the cities and a bus from the Nice airport which would be convenient if flying out of Nice. I also explored flying into Milan, which seemed more complicated to me.

joseph123,

plucasana has said that he has booked a bus transfer offered by MSC. Sometimes the cruise lines show some features in European websites only because European passengers are the most likely to use them. Have you called MSC about it? You are not looking for the air inclusive package, only for the bus transfer to NCE. If it exists for European passengers they should book it for you.

And yes, that is a beautiful drive.