Back from the Sun!

lawgirl86

We had the most wonderful cruise on the NCL Sun! We stayed in a forward facing penthouse romance suite. The room was huge, the bathroom and walk in closet as large as the room, and there was not too much wind on the balcony, we spent quite a bit of time there as the scenery and wildlife were breathtaking. Our butler Jomar, concierge Carlos, and steward Michael were very nice and made us feel spoiled.

We did not use the buffet at all. We took advantage of the suite dining area at La Cucina for many breakfasts and lunches and had lunch in the main dining room twice. Having the dining package, we ate at Moderno (big disappointment) La Cucina, Cagneys and La Bistro, the tapas bar and the sports bar for fantastic dinners.

The seas were 8-12's on Tuesday night and it was pretty rough, drawers were opening and things were moving around and it rained. But it was the perfect cruise for us weather wise, sunny in all ports and only sprinkles one other time.

The captain announced that we could not go to Sawyer Glacier due to too much ice. Instead, we went to Endicott Arm Fjord to another glacier (I'm sorry I never did catch the name of it) and it was absolutely beautiful! We had met the captain at the VIP cocktail party on Tuesday, he was very nice.

We tendered in Juneau. Being a suite passenger, we had priority tendering and were taken by the concierge down the secret passage and had no wait to get off the ship. Same thing when we were ready to disembark, we bypassed the wait. That was cool.

I saw someone asked about laundry service, I have a flyer that was in the dailies that shows one full bag for only $19.95. Hope that helps.

Our luggage did not make it home with us but has finally caught up with us. I am not able to scan the dailies as pictures but have them in a zip file in PDF format if you need them, just let me know I'll be glad to email them to you.

Sorry I am too busy at work to do a detailed review, but I'll be glad to try and answer any questions. There was no wait for drinks at any time for us (Yes, UBP)... Gosh, it was just all so good that it's hard to squeeze it all into a few paragraphs and I'm jealous of those of you who will be on the Sun this summer, I wanna go again! :)

Thanks for posting, sounds like it was awesome! I'm getting really excited, we leave next week for the land portion (cruising on the 6th of June). Hoping our weather is as good as yours (although I could do without the 8-12" waves ;)) and nice to see that the Captain made an alternative to Sawyer (wasn't sure what was done if it got canceled). I'd love to see the dailies (I can't seem to pm you my email).

Thanks for posting, sounds like it was awesome! I'm getting really excited, we leave next week for the land portion (cruising on the 6th of June). Hoping our weather is as good as yours (although I could do without the 8-12" waves ;)) and nice to see that the Captain made an alternative to Sawyer (wasn't sure what was done if it got canceled). I'd love to see the dailies (I can't seem to pm you my email).

You should be able to PM now. Please try again.

I tried to PM you too for the dailies but couldn't. When I looked for "help" it said the feature was disabled. Is there another way I can do it? I would love to see the dailies too. Thanks

I tried to PM you too for the dailies but couldn't. When I looked for "help" it said the feature was disabled. Is there another way I can do it? I would love to see the dailies too. Thanks

If one (or both) of you create temporary email accounts (e.g., "PhotosOfDailies@gmail.com" - no idea if that one's taken), then you can email each other directly.

Just post that temporary e-address here, and still maintain privacy and remain anonymous.

Or you can reveal your names to each other, etc.

(We've done the same - see below - but keep using it for travel correspondence longer term.)

Two questions for you:

1. Were the pools heated?

2. Was there a fee to use the steam room/sauna?

TIA!

I only saw one little boy swimming the whole week, but we were not by the pool that often we were enjoying our balcony on the front of the ship. Sorry, we also did not go to the spa...

• 3 weeks later...
We had the most wonderful cruise on the NCL Sun! We stayed in a forward facing penthouse romance suite. The room was huge, the bathroom and walk in closet as large as the room, and there was not too much wind on the balcony, we spent quite a bit of time there as the scenery and wildlife were breathtaking. Our butler Jomar, concierge Carlos, and steward Michael were very nice and made us feel spoiled.

We did not use the buffet at all. We took advantage of the suite dining area at La Cucina for many breakfasts and lunches and had lunch in the main dining room twice. Having the dining package, we ate at Moderno (big disappointment) La Cucina, Cagneys and La Bistro, the tapas bar and the sports bar for fantastic dinners.

The seas were 8-12's on Tuesday night and it was pretty rough, drawers were opening and things were moving around and it rained. But it was the perfect cruise for us weather wise, sunny in all ports and only sprinkles one other time.

The captain announced that we could not go to Sawyer Glacier due to too much ice. Instead, we went to Endicott Arm Fjord to another glacier (I'm sorry I never did catch the name of it) and it was absolutely beautiful! We had met the captain at the VIP cocktail party on Tuesday, he was very nice.

We tendered in Juneau. Being a suite passenger, we had priority tendering and were taken by the concierge down the secret passage and had no wait to get off the ship. Same thing when we were ready to disembark, we bypassed the wait. That was cool.

I saw someone asked about laundry service, I have a flyer that was in the dailies that shows one full bag for only $19.95. Hope that helps.

Our luggage did not make it home with us but has finally caught up with us. I am not able to scan the dailies as pictures but have them in a zip file in PDF format if you need them, just let me know I'll be glad to email them to you.

Sorry I am too busy at work to do a detailed review, but I'll be glad to try and answer any questions. There was no wait for drinks at any time for us (Yes, UBP)... Gosh, it was just all so good that it's hard to squeeze it all into a few paragraphs and I'm jealous of those of you who will be on the Sun this summer, I wanna go again! :)

Would also love to see the dailys can you email then to me? My email is sandy.swanson34@gmail.com and put sun in the reference. Thanks !!!!!

I'd love to see copies of the dailies if you could email them to jenjum@verizon.net.

THANKS

The Endicott Arm Fjord leads to the Endicott Arm Glacier - south bound from

Juneau instead of going left at Harbor Island (Holkham Bay) the entrance

to the Tracy Arm the ship goes right into the Endicott Arm Fjord and sails

pretty much the same distance into a fjord to view the glacier. Either one

is awe inspiring !

Luggage problems - not the fault of NCL ? Something to note if so ?

Perhaps it was the airlines that were the usual likely suspect ?

Questions/Answers in RED !

The Endicott Arm Fjord leads to the Endicott Arm Glacier - south bound from

Juneau instead of going left at Harbor Island (Holkham Bay) the entrance

to the Tracy Arm the ship goes right into the Endicott Arm Fjord and sails

pretty much the same distance into a fjord to view the glacier. Either one

is awe inspiring !

Questions/Answers in RED ![/quotell

I'll speculated you just copied this, have you been there? Actually at the end of Endicott Arm, where the cruise ships go, is the Dawes Glacier.

• 4 weeks later...
Given their name, this may be a pretty stupid question but: when are the dailies issued? Yeah, I know, but are they shoved under your door the evening before, or do they get posted the actual day for which they are applicable? Just thought I would ask. :o

Aha! I just answered my own question by browsing a set of dailies kindly provided by a previous CC passenger! They are delivered every evening to your stateroom. :)

I see that the NCL has wine, beer and also martini tasting sessions (for a price) early in the schedule; has anyone been to one? Are they worth trying or best avoided? Anyone know a price? Thanks.

I've been to wine tastings and think they're worth it. It's like a class since there is a person who explains each wine before the tasting to the seated group. There are at least 4 wines and either fruit or cheese to accompany each.

The price is usually about $15-$20.

Edited by NMLady

I've been to wine tastings and think they're worth it. It's like a class since there is a person who explains each wine before the tasting to the seated group. There are at least 4 wines and either fruit or cheese to accompany each.

The price is usually about $15-$20.

Thank you for the information - interesting to read. We both enjoy our wine but probably need more tuition on appreciating the better bottles we try. A discount against the wines on offer for attendees would of course be appreciated. ;) That said, the time slot had better not coincide with breathtaking scenery because I know which I would choose! :)

• 4 weeks later...