Avalon and hotel rooms

Rebel54

I'm going to assume you mean you have booked a pre-night hotel through Avalon. If this is what you are asking about, when you check in at the hotel they assign your room based on what is available. You will have a voucher to give the hotel at check in to show you have paid.

Yes. That's what I meant. Thank you. So if I wanted to get an upgraded room, would I then be able to take the voucher to the counter and pay the difference?

When we arrived in Venice, we asked to be upgraded to a canal front room and was granted our request. Of course, had the rooms not been available we would have had to stay with the original reservation. We paid the difference between the original reservation and the upgrade. If you don't mind making an international call, I would suggest contacting the hotel and let them know of your interest. They might be able to reserve the upgrade for you.

Cole

Edited by cole
Incorrect company

When we arrived in Venice, we asked to be upgraded to a canal front room and was granted our request. Of course, had the rooms not been available we would have had to stay with the original reservation. We paid the difference between the original reservation and the upgrade. If you don't mind making an international call, I would suggest contacting the hotel and let them know of your interest. They might be able to reserve the upgrade for you.

Cole

Thank you. I will check in with them in a couple days. We arrive a week before the cruise so I'll see what I can do in person.

Thank you. I will check in with them in a couple days. We arrive a week before the cruise so I'll see what I can do in person.

If you are staying that long, the hotel should treat you like royalty.

If you are staying that long, the hotel should treat you like royalty.

:) That would be nice. I actually rented an apartment through AirBNB for that time. We will move over to the hotel the day the land portion of our cruise begins.

We were not able to upgrade our room in Prague with Avalon, nor did we earn points, nor did we receive the amenities that normally come with our hotel frequent guest program. We questioned this and were advised that because Avalon paid for the rooms at a discounted group rate, there were no points to be earned. We did end up with a few from our drinks at the bar.

I upgraded our room in Budapest through Avalon, but I did it at booking. That was 3 years ago so I don't remember the additional cost. We were at the Intercontinental and I think I remember some other people paying extra at check in to get the river view, higher floor rooms.

We were not able to upgrade our room in Prague with Avalon, nor did we earn points, nor did we receive the amenities that normally come with our hotel frequent guest program. We questioned this and were advised that because Avalon paid for the rooms at a discounted group rate, there were no points to be earned. We did end up with a few from our drinks at the bar.

And you paid too much for your room. Everytime I have priced hotel rooms with any cruise line, I have found the same room at the same hotel for usually half the price.

JC