Who has gotten cabin assignments this week?

cruisevers

At first I thought it could be room capacity (persons) but that doesn't work either. I can't figure them out.

That list looks like it's for a Vista class ship. On other classes there are a few more types: SQ, VQ, CQ, IQ, VT, A, AA, AS, B, BB, CA, DA, EE, FF, ... :D [/size]

I think the clue is that some don't have any number: H, L, M, MM, N, all typical GUAR categories.

Maybe it is max capacity for booking a specific cabin, as HAL will not allow GUARs on triple and quads.

I hope Lisa will come along and explain this.

At first I thought it could be room capacity (persons) but that doesn't work either. I can't figure them out.

That list looks like it's for a Vista class ship. On other classes there are a few more types: SQ, VQ, CQ, IQ, VT, A, AA, AS, B, BB, CA, DA, EE, FF, ... :D [/size]

Very frustrating. The lady I talked to at 5 o clock said the list was the same for all HAL ships and that she would send me the entire list so that I would have it in the future and it would be good no matter what ship I was looking at. grrrrr She did not do what she said she would do.

I have loved the service I have gotten from HAL right up until today. grrrr

They have been so great that my expectations have become quite high. I'm very excited about our upcoming cruises as I think the customer service will be exceptional. I hope this mix up is a fluke. I'll be so disappointed is the customer service isn't top notch.

Thanks for all the support.

Anybody have the complete list or do I dare ask HAL for it?

Thanks again for the support.

Now do I book the shore excursions (including the HMC cabana) today that I planned to book or do I hold my money hostage until they fix this?

Anybody have the complete list or do I dare ask HAL for it?
Pinnacle class (Koningsdam)

PS,SQ,SA,SB,SC,SS,SY,AS,A,B,BC,VQ,VS,V,VA,VB,VC,VD,VE,VF,VH,FA,FB,CQ,C,D,DD,E,F,OO,IQ,I,J,K,L,M,MM,N

Signature Class Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam:

PS,SQ,SA,SB,SC,SS,SY,SZ,VQ,VT(Eurodam only),V,VA,VB,VC,VD,VE,VF,VH,CQ,C,D,DD,E,F,G,H,HH,IQ,I,J,K,L,M,MM,N

Vista class Noordam, Westerdam, Oosterdam, Zuiderdam

The list you were given.

R class Volendam, Zaandam

PS,SA,SB,A,AA,B,BB,BC,CA,C,D,DA,DD,E,EE,F,FF,G,H,HH,I,J,K,L,M,MM,N

Rotterdam

PS,SA,SB,A,AA,BQ,B,BB,BC,CA,CQ,C,D,DA,DD,E,EE,F,FF,G,H,HH,I,J,K,L,M,MM,N

Amsterdam

PS,SA,SB,A,B,BB,BC,C,D,DA,DD,E,EE,F,FF,G,H,HH,I,J,K,L,M,MM,N

Veendam

PS,SA,SB,A,B,BA,BB,BC,VQ,CA,C,D,DA,DD,E,EE,F,FF,G,H,HH,I,J,K,L,M,MM,N

Maasdam

PS,SA,SB,A,BQ,B,BA,BB,BC,CA,CQ,C,D,DA,DD,E,EE,F,FF,G,H,HH,IQ,I,J,K,L,M,MM,N

Edited by jtl513

Prinsendam

PS,SA,SB,SS,SY,A,AA,AB,BC,C,D,E,F,G,H,Q,I,K,M,MM,N,R

Q, R, and OO (Koningsdam) are single cabins.

There it is ;)

single cabins? you mean there is only one cabin in the category or they house only 1 person?

Do they dovetail together into a single ranking?

For the newest seven ships, the Vista list is the basic ranking, and then they started sticking extras in different spots. On the K'dam the Vista Suites (AS,A,B,BC) are a new level. I just realized I left out SU between SS and SY on the Eurodam only.

Any reason you left Prinsendam off the list?
I was editing to add more and ran out of time. You only get 20 min from the time of the first post.

Did you type these from memory? Wow! I assumed a copy and paste.
All typed, but not from memory. In the Cruise Atlas deck plans they are shown in order. I started with typing the basic Vista list, then copied and edited for each of the others. :cool: Edited by jtl513

All typed, but not from memory. In the Cruise Atlas deck plans they are shown in order. I started with typing the basic Vista list, then copied and edited for each of the others. :cool:

Cruise Atlas?

Hard copy or digital? If digital why not a link or a copy-paste?

All typed, but not from memory. In the Cruise Atlas deck plans they are shown in order. I started with typing the basic Vista list, then copied and edited for each of the others. :cool:

A lot of work! Thanks for typing this all out. Very interesting to compare the different classes of ships.

Cruise Atlas?

Hard copy or digital?

There is a wonderful hard copy Cruise Atlas. It's about the best way to sit and peruse the offerings when you have no idea what cruise you want to take, but just know you want to take one.

It's much, much easier than trying to check things out on the Holland America website. There's also a Cruise Planner, also hard copy, but it isn't as thorough.

Yes, I could have given you THIS LINK and told you to see pages 198 to 221. Excuse me for trying to make it easy for you. :rolleyes:

I appreciated all the time you took to do all those numbers and for putting yourself out to make it easier for others!

And having used the digital Cruise Atlas, I am VERY glad you didn't just give the link because the digital version drive me nuts.

Edited by SilvertoGold

Yes, I could have given you THIS LINK and told you to see pages 198 to 221. Excuse me for trying to make it easy for you. :rolleyes:

I definitely appreciate it. Didn't mean to imply otherwise. I've saved the info for future reference.

HAL said they would get back to me within 3 days. So like everyone with a guarantee rate, I waiting to find out what cabin I get.

We've been itching to get away and to try HAL, so I booked an inside guarantee (N category) after a price drop about a month out. We leave Tuesday, I got our assignment yesterday and we ended up in a K category... large interior on Deck 4 aft (upper promenade).

I was hoping for an upgrade to an oceanview, but I knew the deal with booking a guarantee, so I can't complain. This will be our first inside and our first HAL sailing. After a rotten trip in an aft balcony on NCL earlier this year, we've decided to audition cruiselines before investing in a better cabin.

Edited by ExpatBride

I find that the entire cruise experience also includes your cabin. So we take the same type of cabin regardless of the cruise ship. If for example, you get a guarantee under a noisey area of the ship- you might never go back on the ship as it made your overall cruise experience poor. Best to compare "apples to apples."

Edited by Cruise a holic

If for example, you get a guarantee under a noisey area of the ship- you might never go back on the ship as it made your overall cruise experience poor.

But I didn't :) And booking last minute on a popular itinerary sort of limited my choices.

Edited by ExpatBride

• 4 weeks later...
What did you book and what did you get and where are you going?!:D

Orig booked two verandah cabins on Noordam northbound Vancouver to Seward on 9/4. Got bumped up to SZ Gty during a recent sale. Ended up getting two mid ship SY cabins right next to each other on Navigation deck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Got my assignment today...13 days out [Westerdam Sept 10].

We booked an MM GTY and ended up with an L [deck 6 aft] ... still inside stateroom but 2 grades up. Not wonderful but better than nothing. There are staterooms above and below so I guess that is good.

Got my assignment today...13 days out [Westerdam Sept 10].

We booked an MM GTY and ended up with an L [deck 6 aft] ... still inside stateroom but 2 grades up. Not wonderful but better than nothing. There are staterooms above and below so I guess that is good.

A good location, I think, and certainly better than the MMs.

Sort of middle between the food venues and that can't be a bad thing!

Hope you have a great cruise and maybe take a few minutes to write a review when you're back.

Don't forget the chocolates!

A good location, I think, and certainly better than the MMs.

Sort of middle between the food venues and that can't be a bad thing!

Hope you have a great cruise and maybe take a few minutes to write a review when you're back.

Don't forget the chocolates!

Thank you dear! And I will definitely post a review when I get back. :D

It's been so bloody hot in Boston this summer that I can't wait to get to Alaska!