Currently on Breakaway!

HelenaCruiser2012

Lovely view you have! Looks close to the water. What deck? I am on Deck 8 forward port side in December.

I was on the sailing that never made it to Bermuda last year, so I am jealous.

So, yes everyone wants to know about Margaritaville pricing please!

Can you tell us who are the captain, cruise director, hotel officer, and food& beverage officer?

You got there just in time. Tropical Storm Jose should not impact your trip. But the next sailing...

Lovely view you have! Looks close to the water. What deck? I am on Deck 8 forward port side in December.

I was on the sailing that never made it to Bermuda last year, so I am jealous.

So, yes everyone wants to know about Margaritaville pricing please!

Can you tell us who are the captain, cruise director, hotel officer, and food& beverage officer?

You got there just in time. Tropical Storm Jose should not impact your trip. But the next sailing...

Just off the ship on 9/3... Dan Dan was the cruise director. He is going on vacation soon. Alvin will replace him. He may go to escape or bliss.

Captain Matko (spelling may be off) is on.

I know the other ones by face, not name. All wonderful though!

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Hi everyone! It's funny, our connection kept going out so I never realized this message actually got posted until just now! Sorry for the delayed response.

Review to come, but... We were in 9126 - large balcony room, portside. The room was great, plenty of storage for the two of us, wonderful view and the greatest cabin steward ever, Gregorio (Greg) fom the Phillippines. It's a long walk from the forward elevators but it felt good to walk off all of those meals and that UBP!

Margaritaville - I think I saw a couple of people in there during the week when we were up that way, but that's about it. What a great space but it seems really underused. We never went there but as of last week it still has the $14.99 per person cover charge. I'm sure their food is good but the Texas BBQ wings and the BBQ burger in O'Sheehan's were amazing!

I'll have to check but I know the hotel mgr is Vuk (can't remember his last name) and the Cruise Director is Dan Dan, and Mandy is the Assistant Cruise Director.

Looking forward to telling you all about Breakaway and posting some pics! Just a quick synopsis: we had a wonderful week, loved the ship and the crew and of course Bermuda. Yes the ship has its quirks but we can't tell you enough just how much we enjoyed our week.

Enjoy! We were on the Breakaway last month and loved it.

Hi there :) Glad you enjoy the Breakaway! I am going in November but am so concerned I made a mistake booking this ship after reading the reviews. I am 53 and have mobility issues due to spine surgeries, rheumetoid arthritis and nerve damage etc.

I know the ship is HUGE and I am going to have to rent a scooter for when I have to go to the other side of the ship. I can walk short distances.

My concerns are from reading reviews that this ship is kinda "choppy" and areas can be extremely overcrowded and have been warned that it is not the best ship for me to be on with a scooter. I am so stressed about this and the overcrowding it has me sick worrying how I will be able to manage getting around. I read getting into an elevator is going to be difficult and the corridors are extremely narrow. And they say forget getting into a pool. Too crowded.

I would appreciate your opinions, thoughts etc. I am also stressed about what I could possibly do in Nassau. I always wanted to see the grounds in Atlantis but I doubt there is a vehicle that would accomadate a scooter. :( Thanks so much for any info you can give.

Hi there :) Glad you enjoy the Breakaway! I am going in November but am so concerned I made a mistake booking this ship after reading the reviews. I am 53 and have mobility issues due to spine surgeries, rheumetoid arthritis and nerve damage etc.

I know the ship is HUGE and I am going to have to rent a scooter for when I have to go to the other side of the ship. I can walk short distances.

My concerns are from reading reviews that this ship is kinda "choppy" and areas can be extremely overcrowded and have been warned that it is not the best ship for me to be on with a scooter. I am so stressed about this and the overcrowding it has me sick worrying how I will be able to manage getting around. I read getting into an elevator is going to be difficult and the corridors are extremely narrow. And they say forget getting into a pool. Too crowded.

I would appreciate your opinions, thoughts etc. I am also stressed about what I could possibly do in Nassau. I always wanted to see the grounds in Atlantis but I doubt there is a vehicle that would accomadate a scooter. :( Thanks so much for any info you can give.

I have been on the Breakaway 5 times and love it. I don't find it choppy some areas can get crowded like all ships but I don't think you should worry at all. Also the straw market and a few shops and restaurants are close to the ship in Nassau. I have been to Atlantis and I think youvwould find it manageable also I would ask at guest relations about them finding you a way to Atlantis with your scooter whether by cab or the ferry near the ship. Good luck but rest easy this is an amazing ship and the entire crew is kind and helpful

One other suggestion for the future if it's affordable consider the haven. We only stay in the haven. I am not a fan of huge crowds There is a private pool, sundeck and dining room and bar. Also Early and private embarkation and debarkation also reserved seating at show. It's Never ever crowded and not as expensive as you would think

• 3 months later...

Hi I did rent a scooter from Special Needs at Sea. I also brought my roller walker. I took the anti-inflammatories I take sparingly for rheumetoid and other issues a week before cruise. I pretty much reached all areas on the ship that I wanted to. The elevators are difficult to deal with. They are small and people are always waiting. I parked the roller walker outside of places I went and nobody bothered it. It was a bit harder when using the scooter but not impossible. When going to the complete other side of the ship I would take the scooter. When going to dinner that was closer to my cabin I would use the roller walker. The hallways were a bit tricky because they were so narrow. And surprisingly the staff would huff and/or roll thier eyes when you went to try and get by thier cart with cleaning supplies on it. I felt bad each time they had to move it so I could get by but what was I supposed to do? That being said this was my 1st time on NCL and I have never had staff in general just be so "snippy" and uncaring. I think it is the fact that they accomadate so many pax that they are all overworked. The main issues for me is the Atrium is not big enough. And the smoke permiates throughout and even into a few of the restaurants near by. And as other people have said the pool is just so small it just does not make sense. Anyway I got off the subject of mobility. All in all getting around was not as horrible as some made it out to be. The biggest issue was chasing small elevators and hoping you deal with people who understand and don't give you looks and plain don't care. I had a few but mostly people were decent. Any other questions feel free to ask :)

I've been on Norwegian Breakaway in September 2017 and asked you, as I saw that you've been worried and I noticed that corridors were narrower than on other cruise lines. Every time two people meet in a corridor one has to step into a niche at the cabin entrance to let other easier pass through. And cabins are smaller than on Carnival (Splendour and Pride) or Royal Caribbean (Anthem of the Seas). All the best and might we will cross at on of the future cruises.