Sicily Tour Companies

Tommy3putts

Hi all

I asking for your sage advice on private tour/transfer companies for our summer 2017 trip to Sicily. This is a 2 week land vacation for a group of 7 adults with a week in Sicily and a week on the Amalfi Coast. We are all set with our plans for the second week as this will be a return visit for us to the Amalfi coast area. However this will be our first time to experience Sicily.

We arrive in Palermo and will spend a few days there and then transfer to Taormina for the remainder of our stay in Sicily. Finally, we will transfer from Taormina to Messina to catch our ferry/train to Salerno.

We would like to use a private car service for the three Sicily transfers. We also would like to use a private tour company or car service for a 2 private tours: one in the in the Palermo area as well as one in the Taormina area.

I have been doing some research and so far found two companies that seem to be fairly popular and have good reviews. They are "Tour of Sicily" and "Sicily travel."

Does anyone have a Feedback on either of these companies that they could share. Additionally we would also welcome recommendations for other private tour companies and tour ideas. If someone has links to previous discussions on this topic I would love to see those.

Also any advice on the train trip to Salerno would really be helpful.

Thank you all

Cheers!

Tom

I would recommend Mario Astone. I think he goes by the name of Sicily with Mario Tours. His company is local and has been doing this for a while and is a cruise critic favorite.

We have used Sicily Life Tours several times and have been very happy with them. We've used them in Taromina two or three times and in Palermo once. They've always been prompt and professional.

Thank you both for the suggestions. I will explore both.

Cheers

Tom

It's a pity if you're staying completely in the north if you miss the southern towns of Ragusa, Modica and Noto. They are spectacular so try to get to them if you can.

We will be in Sicily for 7 Nights and haven't planned any day trips/tours yet. We do hope to see as much of Sicily as possible. Thank you for your suggestions all ideas are welcome

Tom

• 3 months later...

I would highly recommend Roberto Mirabile of Sicily Tours & Taxi Taormina. We did a full day tour with him last Oct from Messina to Taormina with stops in Savoca and Castelmola. It was a wonderful, informational day. He has various suggested tours which can be customized plus he offers private car / taxi service if that is what you need. Sicily was beautiful.

HI

Thanks for the suggestion. After much research I decided to go with Sicilylife tours. I'm already happy with their flexibility and responsiveness in planning our transfers and tours. I'll report back after our trip. Less than two months away!

Tom

HI

Thanks for the suggestion. After much research I decided to go with Sicilylife tours. I'm already happy with their flexibility and responsiveness in planning our transfers and tours. I'll report back after our trip. Less than two months away!

Tom

Sicily Life is really good; we've used them a few times. We are actually not using them this month when we are there - no issues at all with them, and I contacted them first. I just thought since we've been to the area a few times that maybe someone else might have a different perspective to what we are seeing. We are using Roberto Mirabile as he also got great reviews. Sicily is wonderful; you'll have a great time!

We used Roberto Mirabile a few years ago and he was wonderful! Very personalized service! I would not hesitate to book with him again the next time we are in Sicily.

We used Roberto Mirabile a few years ago and he was wonderful! Very personalized service! I would not hesitate to book with him again the next time we are in Sicily.

Good to know; thanks. He's been very helpful and responsive. We are actually going with one of his other drivers, Sebastian. Things are a bit crazy in Taormina with the G7 summit, so Roberto will not be available.

FYI. We have four bookings with Sicilylife for our week in Sicily. They tailored the transfer from Palermo to Taormina for a tour of Mt Etna.

1. Transfer from Palermo Airport to Palermo Hotel.

2. Erice & Segesta tour.

3. Transfer and Tour. Transfer from Palermo to Taormina with a tour of Mount Etna Volcano along the way to Taormina

4. Godfather Tour. 6 hour, THE UNKNOWN SICILIAN VILLAGES / GODFATHER TOUR that includes a stop for lunch.

5. Train from Taormina to Salerno (Amalfi)

I used sicilytaxiservice.com 2 x, a few years apart. I was happy with them both times, although the second time (June 2016) the meeting place got a bit messed up and we ended up being a few minutes late for departure but overall I highly recommend. I got a group of 8 together on our roll call and we shared a wonder fun day to Cefalu. The price was awesome 40 euro each.

• 2 months later...
FYI. We have four bookings with Sicilylife for our week in Sicily. They tailored the transfer from Palermo to Taormina for a tour of Mt Etna.

1. Transfer from Palermo Airport to Palermo Hotel.

2. Erice & Segesta tour.

3. Transfer and Tour. Transfer from Palermo to Taormina with a tour of Mount Etna Volcano along the way to Taormina

4. Godfather Tour. 6 hour, THE UNKNOWN SICILIAN VILLAGES / GODFATHER TOUR that includes a stop for lunch.

5. Train from Taormina to Salerno (Amalfi)

Hi all

Here is a trip follow up. We are back from our two week Italy land vacation. We loved our first visit to Sicily, especially Taormina. I can highly recommend Sicilylife tours, and their driver Carmelo. The best tours by far were 3 and 4 above.

Cheers

Tom