Sharing a table in Britannia DR

kendon

Is it possible to request to share a table when having breakfast or lunch in the Britannia dining room? Meeting people is always the highlight of our cruises. Just over a week to go!

They will generally seat you with other people. If it looks like they're going to give you your own table, just say something.

You could also request a table by the windows. They tend to be larger tables.

They'll love you for wanting to share a table :) .

I've often overheard, when standing in the short queue/line waiting to be seated, many couples answer when asked "will you share a table?" "table for two, thank you".

If you arrive shortly before/as the restaurant opens you'll discover:

1. The queue/line/wait to be seated is far shorter than it will be even fifteen minutes later.

2. They tend to fill the window tables first, this not only gives you a view, but also avoids being seated on high-traffic areas (both stewards and passengers passing).

Have a great time on board :)

Edited by pepperrn

Hello kendon,one small word of caution if I may.We no longer eat breakfast in the MDR as it seems to go on forever,As allways personal oppinion.

Having said that,we met a couple from Guernsey at breakfast a few cruises ago and have kept in touch and visited.

Have a really nice time please,I,m sure you will.

Rodger.

Hello kendon,one small word of caution if I may.We no longer eat breakfast in the MDR as it seems to go on forever,As allways personal oppinion.

Having said that,we met a couple from Guernsey at breakfast a few cruises ago and have kept in touch and visited.

Have a really nice time please,I,m sure you will.

Rodger.

Not sure what you mean by forever. Are you referring to the service or simply the fact that people often linger over breakfast? If the latter, you don't have to wait until everyone has finished eating/talking. You just excuse yourselves and leave. Service speed can be hit and miss but I've never known it to be too slow.

Hello babs,alas we have encountered very very slow service,I am sure I read something awhile ago on CC along those lines.

I think though what I was really meaning was the fact that if it is a large table there is a lot of chatter.

None of my comments are or were meant as criticisms just observations.

We have tried it and prefer other options.Long may others do what they will and enjoy their choice.

Rodger.

Lingering over a meal is just fine for us...we've got nothing but time. I may not eat much, but I love conversation.

We just had dinner in NYC with a couple from Florida we met on a cruise over a year ago. People...the best part of travel.

Edited by kendon