Royal Princess deluxe balcony sq ft

jada675

I'm booked in a deluxe balcony B733 on the Royal Princess, the web site says the sq footage is 307, is it possible that this has a larger balcony, it is the cabin next to suite with the wrap around balcony' it is a side facing balcony and they look pretty uniform in size from what I've seen in photos, does anyone have any info about these aft cabins?

I'm booked in a deluxe balcony B733 on the Royal Princess, the web site says the sq footage is 307, is it possible that this has a larger balcony, it is the cabin next to suite with the wrap around balcony' it is a side facing balcony and they look pretty uniform in size from what I've seen in photos, does anyone have any info about these aft cabins?

Just spoke to Princess and they said this "deluxe Balcony " cat DD is actually 308 sq ft - cabin B733, that is impossible as the range of square footages for this category is much less. The same is true for the cabin B732 they list the sq ft at 308. Is it possible that these cabins are larger?? I think it is a mistake, which is disappointing because I picked that cabin based on the bigger size. Is anyone able to check this out while onboard?

It appears your cabin is 233 square feet including balcony while the one next to you is 222 square feet including balcony. The deck plan shows an extension into the hallway that others do no have, so yes, your cabin is a bit larger.

Lew

Stateroom.png.84f91809fe3a9a35856d9f067789cac1.png

that's what I thought because the cabin on left of me is a std balcony, the the cabin on the right of mine is a suite, but Princess still insists that my cabin is 308 sq' including the balcony, I think I'm going to be disappointed as I thought I was getting a larger deluxe balcony. You think Princess would fix this error especially since I brought it to their attention.

that's what I thought because the cabin on left of me is a std balcony, the the cabin on the right of mine is a suite, but Princess still insists that my cabin is 308 sq' including the balcony, I think I'm going to be disappointed as I thought I was getting a larger deluxe balcony. You think Princess would fix this error especially since I brought it to their attention.

So you would agree that it is NOT 308 sq'., just a normal size deluxe balcony

It's actually smaller. Your cabin has a bite out of one corner, versus the other deluxe balcony cabins which are standard rectangles. No cause for blaming Princess when it's obvious with one glance at the deck plan what the relative sizes are.

When I booked the cabin, there was no deck plan available, I had to rely on the info on the cabin which said 308 sq 'ft , and Princess is still saying that it is 308 sq '( as of yesterday) I'm ok with it not being oversized as I'm getting what i paid for, just a little frustrated in getting misinformation, also a little disappointed as I thought maybe I found one of those "special" cabins, that's all. I' m sure it will be fine.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi, did you manage to find out if Cabin B732 is in fact larger? Is it 308 sq feet and have a sofa?

No response from anyone who has been in or seen B732 or B733 both still state 308 sq ft. even on the new deck plans, it says the same thing on the Regal for these 2 cabins..

I'm sure it is an error but I will confirm when I'm on in October.

It's actually smaller. Your cabin has a bite out of one corner, versus the other deluxe balcony cabins which are standard rectangles. No cause for blaming Princess when it's obvious with one glance at the deck plan what the relative sizes are.
Kind of hard to tell about that bite from the diagram on the Princess website. Looks like it would be useless space anyway.

31e0d384ad09c6968d82524f8e7d206d176d547893.png

I'm looking at princess.com then go to Learn About Princess to Cruise ship toRoyal Princess, under Learn More is Deck Plans-NEW!

Then go to Deck 11- Baja. Cabin B732 or B733 B733, click on cabin and description says 308. Same goes for Regal. I don't know what I'm doing different.

I'm looking at princess.com then go to Learn About Princess to Cruise ship toRoyal Princess, under Learn More is Deck Plans-NEW!

Then go to Deck 11- Baja. Cabin B732 or B733 B733, click on cabin and description says 308. Same goes for Regal. I don't know what I'm doing different.

Ok - you're right - sort of. I see where you saw this. I think there are two or more Royal deck plans on princess.com. The one I used is different than the one you're looking at, but the plan you're viewing does give conflicting info. If you click on those staterooms, a pop up appears, and it does say exactly what you said - total sq. feet 308. However, if you just place your mouse arrow and "hover" over those rooms, it says 233 sq. feet. I'm pretty confident the total sq. footage is 233 - not 308. That would make the deluxe balconies larger than then mini-suites - and they're not. It's definitely a typo and kudos to you for spotting it. :) Unfortunately, the deluxe is slightly bigger than a regular balcony (balcony is 222 sq. ft with balcony) at 233 sq. ft. Very small difference except for the small sofa couch.

Probably is a mistake, but when I called Princess they confirmed it was 308 sq. feet also. Also same cabin A733, C733 and E727 DD are all over 250 sq. feet plus. Strange. I guess I'll have to wait until I get on board to find out for sure, unless someone can confirm that has stayed in these aft DD cabins.

Also I do,see what you mean by hovering over cabin it shows cabin with square footage, but when I hover over for instance cabin B301 it says 222 sq. feet, but when you click on it, it is 333 sq. ft. Handicapped cabin. Either way conflicting data.

• Like 1

Probably is a mistake, but when I called Princess they confirmed it was 308 sq. feet also. Also same cabin A733, C733 and E727 DD are all over 250 sq. feet plus. Strange. I guess I'll have to wait until I get on board to find out for sure, unless someone can confirm that has stayed in these aft DD cabins.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Hope they're bigger. Report back and let us know. :)

Thank you, and I will report back. Maybe the cabin or balcony will be bigger. Regardless I'm happy either way and looking forward to cruising on the Royal.

It should be interesting, I called Princess again, to let them know if this error in cabin size for both B733 & B732 and they again say these cabins are bigger - want to bet! They even checked with the ship help desk. Don't you think someone would have mentioned a deluxe balcony being this much bigger than even a mini suite, we have this cabin in October cant wait to see.

We stayed in Cabin B628 and it was lovely. We did not notice any movement/swaying what so ever and found that being in the middle of the ship was really good. The Princess is a great ship. If you are on anytime dining make sure you try out the Concerto restaurant - it is fantastic and ask for Alfie his service is exceptional. happy cruising.

It should be interesting, I called Princess again, to let them know if this error in cabin size for both B733 & B732 and they again say these cabins are bigger - want to bet! They even checked with the ship help desk. Don't you think someone would have mentioned a deluxe balcony being this much bigger than even a mini suite, we have this cabin in October cant wait to see.

You would think someone would already have reported the spaciousness. But, who knows? You may have hit the jackpot with this cabin!