Breakaway-November cruise

We are thinking about booking the Breakaway 11/27/16 cruise. I am interested in knowing other's experiences of taking the cruise between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I would assume it is generally a time for families to travel because of school. This will be our first time on the bigger ship. We have cruised several times on the Gem.
Would also appreciate any input on the Vibe Beach Club and Thermal Spa.

Thank you!

Kateissiobhan

[quote name='kateissiobhan']We are thinking about booking the Breakaway 11/27/16 cruise. I am interested in knowing other's experiences of taking the cruise between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I would assume it is generally a time for families to travel because of school. This will be our first time on the bigger ship. We have cruised several times on the Gem.
Would also appreciate any input on the Vibe Beach Club and Thermal Spa. [/QUOTE]

The cruise is after Thanksgiving so there will be very few kids on the cruise,,, most families won't pull their kids out of school for 2 weeks.

Thoughts on Vibe: The Vibe is good for sea days. You have 5 sea days. The first and last 1-1.5 days will be a bit chilly, so little demand for the deck. You have 8 port days in a row where the main deck will be empty (so will be the Vibe). There would probably be 2-3 days (out of 14) where you could use the Vibe where you couldn't find a prime lounger anywhere on the ship.

Thoughts on the Spa: The thermal suite on the Breakaway is wonderful. It will be nice on those chilly sea days, watching the sea go by while laying on a heated stone lounger. Passes will be in high demand. Your port calls all end early. We normally go to the spa after getting back on ship and before going to dinner. Again, you have 8 port days in a row and sticking spa time after a busy day on shore may be too much for you. Day passes on sea days are unlikely.

BTW: The bigger ship is the only way to go for a long cruise! Happy cruising! Edited by BirdTravels

I think the Breakaway will be sailing from NYC for the cruise you are considering.
Being from upstate NY,I am sure that you are aware that the first few days and the last few days of the cruise will be chilly as you sail along the Eastern coast.
Considering these temperatures, I agree with the other poster's advice about using the Thermal Spa instead of Vibe.
If you wanted some time in the sun and sea air,you could use the loungers in H2O.
Also, the time after Thanksgiving is a perfect time to enjoy NYC.
Holiday decorations are on display by late November/ early December. But, the holiday crowds are not as heavy as those experienced closer to Christmas and New Year's.
If you have time after your cruise ,it would be a good time to enjoy NYC.
Happy cruising to you!