Vancouver pre-cruise hotel

We are planning to arrive in Vancouver 3 nights ahead of our Alaska cruise. We were thinking of staying at the Fairmont Pacific Rim or Four Seasons. Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If your looking at the Fairmont Pacific Rim . Consider the Pan Pacific which is actually attached directly to the cruise port . There are a couple of other hotels side by side including a second Fairmont called the Fairmont Waterfront.

Used this webpage to locate hotels near the cruise port

http://www.pre-cruisehotels.com/

We have stayed at both the Fairmont Pacific Rim and the Fairmont Waterfront. Both offer excellent services. Pacific Rim is roughly $100 more per night. We leave for our Alaskan cruise in 3 weeks and will be staying at the Waterfront 2 nights. They handle luggage transfers in the morning to the ship. It's a breeze! Just walk out the door and onto the ship. There are many great restaurants in walking distance.

We have stayed at both the Fairmont Pacific Rim and the Fairmont Waterfront. Both offer excellent services. Pacific Rim is roughly $100 more per night. We leave for our Alaskan cruise in 3 weeks and will be staying at the Waterfront 2 nights. They handle luggage transfers in the morning to the ship. It's a breeze! Just walk out the door and onto the ship. There are many great restaurants in walking distance.

Most definitely agree with the convenience of staying at the Fairmont Waterfront. The bellman will pick up your luggage and bring it directly across the street to the ship. It is a breeze to board. Lots of restaurants and scenic walks in the area. Also a nice executive lounge.

Just wanted to mention if you enjoy upscale, luxury boutique, the Wedgewood Hotel is one of our favorites, and their restaurant Bacchus is wonderful. It is a member of Relais & Chateaux.

Although not located right on the waterfront, it's just a few blocks away and an easy transfer to the ships.

http://www.wedgewoodhotel.com/

Check it out and safe travels.

Not sure if anyone suggesting Pan Pacific has actually stayed there lately but it is VERY dated now. Pacific Rim is head and shoulders above Pan Pacific, service may be comparable but that's it. Old , dingy rooms, and food is average. The spa at pacific rim is a destination in itself, as are ALL the dining Venues, all all beautiful and new. I live 10 mins away from both these hotels, just FYI. :)

I have stayed at the Pacific Rim and the Waterfront before a cruise. Both Fairmont.

The Waterfront will transfer your luggage directly whereas the Pacific Rim will drive you over with your luggage.

Either way, it was easy. I have stayed at the Pacific Rim several times. It is fabulous.

The Pan Pacific is old and dated at least it was this way last August

Editing to add- Agree with Tammy regarding the spa at the Fairmont Pacific Rim

Edited by tallship

The Four Seasons is an elegant, classy hotel with excellent restaurants. It's attached to Pacific Centre Mall, a large high end fashion mall which now includes Nordstroms :) it's not a new and crisp as Pacific Rim, but I would say equal in other aspects. The spa doesn't compare, if that matters to you but you don't have to stay at the pacific rim to use their spa ...

Thanks, everyone for the additional information.

We had decided against the Pan Pacific based on some recent reviews. We booked the Fairmont Waterfront using Am EX hotel program. I am now wondering if we should move to the Pacific Rim. Tallship, I remember some of your glowing reports of your Vancouver stay. I wasn't sure which Fairmont that was. It is good to hear they will drive you to the ship with the luggage. No matter where we are we seem to have bad luck taking cabs to the ship even when we speak the language.

We have booked the Fairmont Pacific Rim for four nights prior to our Alaska cruise in a couple of weeks. The Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts program has a pay for three nights, get the fourth night free promotion. It is a very good deal if you can take advantage of it. The promotion also applies to the Fairmount Waterfront Hotel.

Edited by DaveFr

The Amex deal sounds great. We just confirmed our air yesterday for three nights. I am not sure it is worth the extra deviation fee to change it. This is frustrating.

Great news, Tallship, about your last minute deal. We haven't done final pay yet so I guess it is too early for last minute deals.

The Amex deal sounds great. We just confirmed our air yesterday for three nights. I am not sure it is worth the extra deviation fee to change it. This is frustrating.

Great news, Tallship, about your last minute deal. We haven't done final pay yet so I guess it is too early for last minute deals.

We had to pay in full on the spot but just too good to pass up. When is your trip?

We are August 24. Is yours on Regent? That will be great for your Mom without too much air travel.

I just changed out hotel to the Pacific Rim instead of the Waterfront. It did involve quite a jump n price.

You will not be disspointed! Pacific Rim is a true true 5 star hotel, in all aspects. Waterfront is fine but showing its age as well, in my opinion. Book well ahead if you want to visit the spa, you could literally spend the day there but it does book up fast.