Dress for Lawn Club & Porch

CHEZMARYLOU

The porch tends to be pretty informal, and I don't believe has a dress code as a "Specialty" restaurant. Celebrity lists the dress code as "Casual".

The Lawn Club Grill is a specialty restaurant, so it would be smart casual, which would not include shorts.

"Smart Casual attire can be enjoyed every other night of your cruise.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• Skirt, pants or jeans with a casual top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or jeans with a sport shirt that has sleeves

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours. The dress code will be enforced at all restaurants. And guests are asked to follow the Smart Casual or Evening Chic dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances. The daily program, delivered to your stateroom and available at the Guest Relations Desk, will be your guide to the correct attire each evening."

In reality, I doubt anyone would be turned away when smartly dressed in shorts at the Lawn Club Grill but I guess you never know and it will depend on how closely you chose to follow their rules.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks, with them being outdoor venues thought it might be a little more casual. I don't wear shorts anyway, just trying to decide how many pairs of slacks DH might need.

The 4 times I have eaten at The Porch during lunch I wore shorts. You can wear shorts at The Lawn Club Grill. Just not cut off jeans. This is what I found online from Celebrity.

About The Lawn Club Grill

Hours of Operation: 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm (nightly) Open for lunch: Noon – 2 pm (1 sea day per cruise)

Ambiance: Open air, cool ocean breezes, high energy, fun, conversational and “Backyard BBQ” atmosphere.

Soundtrack: Background Classic American Rock.

Reservations: Required. Guests receive a Lawn Club

Grill specific confirmation card.

Cost Per Person: $40 pre-cruise and $45 onboard

Seats: Silhouette 56 seats and Reflection 70 seats

Dress Code: Casual; no tank tops, cut off jeans, or

swimwear are allowed.

Menu: Salad bar, gourmet flatbreads; grilled specialties including beef, seafood and poultry.

Service Style: Each party will have the option to identify a Grill Master who will then be paired with one of our chefs. Once the order is placed, the chef and Grill Master will work together to prepare the guests’ dishes. Guests opting not to grill will have their orders prepared by our chefs and delivered to the table. Salad Bar is always self-service.

Beverage Selections: Bottled beer and wines by the bottle and glass; canned soft drinks, lemonade and iced tea; full bar available from the Sunset Bar.

The 4 times I have eaten at The Porch during lunch I wore shorts. You can wear shorts at The Lawn Club Grill. Just not cut off jeans. This is what I found online from Celebrity.

About The Lawn Club Grill

Hours of Operation: 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm (nightly) Open for lunch: Noon – 2 pm (1 sea day per cruise)

Ambiance: Open air, cool ocean breezes, high energy, fun, conversational and “Backyard BBQ” atmosphere.

Soundtrack: Background Classic American Rock.

Reservations: Required. Guests receive a Lawn Club

Grill specific confirmation card.

Cost Per Person: $40 pre-cruise and $45 onboard

Seats: Silhouette 56 seats and Reflection 70 seats

Dress Code: Casual; no tank tops, cut off jeans, or

swimwear are allowed.

Menu: Salad bar, gourmet flatbreads; grilled specialties including beef, seafood and poultry.

Service Style: Each party will have the option to identify a Grill Master who will then be paired with one of our chefs. Once the order is placed, the chef and Grill Master will work together to prepare the guests’ dishes. Guests opting not to grill will have their orders prepared by our chefs and delivered to the table. Salad Bar is always self-service.

Beverage Selections: Bottled beer and wines by the bottle and glass; canned soft drinks, lemonade and iced tea; full bar available from the Sunset Bar.

Useful info, hadn't found it yet, thanks!

We are preparing for our 1st cruise on Silhouette, after many X cruises. Know all about the dress code for the other restaurants but are shorts permitted for men at the Lawn Club & Porch for dinner?

Thanks

I worn shorts when we were on the Reflection back in 2013, way before the new gentler code ;)

EW