Taxi from Papeete Cruise Terminal

ruthnlarry

In January, we disembark Marina in Papeete after our FP cruise. Is it easy to get a taxi at the cruise ship terminal after we disembark to take us to the airport? Are there numerous taxis lined up for fares?

We want to leave at 7:30 am for our 11:00 am flight.

Does anybody have an estimate of the fare so we can have the right amount of local currency?

Thanks in advance!!

• 3 weeks later...
In January, we disembark Marina in Papeete after our FP cruise. Is it easy to get a taxi at the cruise ship terminal after we disembark to take us to the airport? Are there numerous taxis lined up for fares?

We want to leave at 7:30 am for our 11:00 am flight.

Does anybody have an estimate of the fare so we can have the right amount of local currency?

Thanks in advance!!

ANSWERS: Yes. Yes. and about $30/US Dollars. Papeete is a very 'modern' city, 4-lane Highway etc etc to Airport. Everybody we dealt with in Tahiti took Euro's or USDollars etc. Locomotiveman Tom

Well, in the past, getting off the Paul Gauguin in Papeete, we've been told that it's best for the ship to pre-arrange a cab to the airport, especially at an early morning hour. I can't vouch for this being true, but you might want to think about doing it. They charged us a small fee, but it was worth the peace of mind. Presumably Oceania would do something similar, and since it's a much larger ship, I would not count on just walking out to a line of cabs.

(I also think it would be possible to pre-arrange a cab online, but I'm sorry, I don't have the specifics of doing this.)

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

Well, in the past, getting off the Paul Gauguin in Papeete, we've been told that it's best for the ship to pre-arrange a cab to the airport, especially at an early morning hour. I can't vouch for this being true, but you might want to think about doing it. They charged us a small fee, but it was worth the peace of mind. Presumably Oceania would do something similar, and since it's a much larger ship, I would not count on just walking out to a line of cabs.

(I also think it would be possible to pre-arrange a cab online, but I'm sorry, I don't have the specifics of doing this.)

Thanks! We booked a transfer with Marama Tours.

Happy New Year!

• 1 month later...
We are docked overnight on our January cruise on Regatta.There is an 8:40 am flight on Air France the next day.Would leave ship around 5 AM. How far is it from docks to airport?

Oops not Regatta.The new Sirena.

Recently went from dock to airport. It took 10, possibly 15 minutes around 8:30 AM. We used a Marama transfer (OK) but if we do it again, we would just take a cab. There were plenty of them around 8 AM on our disembarkation day, and from what I heard, the charge was very reasonable. Little walking is involved whichever option you choose, pre-arranged transport or cab. It was pretty fast getting off the ship, walking out to where the luggage is waiting under tents, finding luggage, and getting out to the lane where cabs and cars come - maybe 20 minutes tops. This was in late Jan. on Oceania, 1250 pax, and we had an 11:00 flight. Airport check in was a zoo, however - long lines.