dzsuzsi

dzsuzsi64

I would like to find out which river cruise provider to choose for the Grand River cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest? Avalon vs. Viking. Has anyone cruised on both? What is your recommendation. How do they compare.

I would like to find out which river cruise provider to choose for the Grand River cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest? Avalon vs. Viking. Has anyone cruised on both? What is your recommendation. How do they compare.

I'd suggest heading over to the River Cruising forum to ask:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=191

Have done this cruise ( Budapest to Amsterdam) but only on the Viking Bragi.

The trip itself was extraordinary!! We spent two days in Budapest (one of the worlds most beautiful cities I think) and two days after the cruise in Amsterdam even though I had been there before. I highly suggest spending time in at least Budapest if at all possible.

Like all major cruise lines and those who support them, the riverboats also have supporters and those who say that only their favorite is the best. I can only tell you about Viking. First, we got the least expensive cabin, with just a window, and it was EXCELLENT. I assure you that on a riverboat you really only sleep in the cabin. The Viking Bragi was simply beautiful, the service was 5 stars, the food was 5+stars and our fellow passengers were friendly, well educated and traveled and made the cruise all that much better. The included tours were well run walking tours and included free time too. There was also plenty of time to just sit top side and take in the beautiful sites which were around every bend in the rivers. If you need any additional info concerning Viking, hotels etc. I'd be glad to answer - RN_DEW@YAHOO.COM