Home yesterday from Freedom, May 20-27th

ABQrobin

Wow, what a fantastic cruise. Might just be my favorite ever.

I am busy downloading photos and working on videos, so I won't have a trip report started for a few days.

We did dive at Roatan (fantastic) and Cozumel (good), cave tubing at Belize (fantastic).

Freedom is great ship, staff is the best, period. Only glitch was the debark was horrible. Galveston customs took over an hour just standing in line. Horrible. EVERYTHING else on the cruise was stellar.

give me a few days to put things together! Hundreds of photos and some videos.

robin & ron

Only glitch was the debark was horrible. Galveston customs took over an hour just standing in line. Horrible.

Not to derail your review too much here... Look forward to seeing your pictures and seeing what you liked/disliked on the cruise.

We were on that cruise, too, and got through debark pretty quickly. However, we had luggage tag #1, and were in the Chic dining room. We were off the ship, found our bags and through customs in about 20 minutes. I guess the platinum thing paid off this time around.

Right before we got cleared through customs, the lines began just before customs, and I told my family "Whew, we barely made it before the lines began."

It did take longer than normal, I'm guessing because the dogs were searching for "stuff" from Belize...

GP

I am busy downloading photos and working on videos, so I won't have a trip report started for a few days.

We did dive at Roatan (fantastic) and Cozumel (good), cave tubing at Belize (fantastic).

Freedom is great ship, staff is the best, period. Only glitch was the debark was horrible. Galveston customs took over an hour just standing in line. Horrible. EVERYTHING else on the cruise was stellar.

robin & ron

Following 100%. Can't wait for all of those photos!

Did Galveston enforce the staggered check-in times for embarkation?

Yes, I think so. We got there at noon and stood in line around 30-40 minutes for checkin, but then told to go get directly on the ship. Normally we have had to sit in a waiting room for 30-60 minutes before boarding started. So its hard for me to say for sure if there was any wait to let people in the door. There was a line though.

robin & ron

Going on The Freedom next January. Been on her before but it's been years. Was hoping she was in good shape.

Cave tubing in Belize is something we've booked twice but it was canceled once due to weather and we couldn't meet our guide on time the second time due to a work slowdown. We have hesitated to book it again but am curious about your thoughts and experience.

--Did you book on the ship, on land, or ahead of time from home?

--Just how cold was the water?

--Any seriously big bugs in those caves?

I wouldn't mind trying to talk my husband into trying this again, but I don't want to regret it.

Thanks!

robin & ron

Boarding ramp has been broken for 8 days, Big problems pier 23