P&O shuttles at Zeebrugge?

aquilegia

I know that there is a free shuttle to the port gates provided by the Zeebrugge authorities because you aren't permitted to walk in the port. But does P&O provided shuttles of its own that go further? I believe some cruise lines provide shuttles to Blankenburg. I'm not talking about the one night mini cruises by the way, I'm on a 4 night cruise.

Have done this several times and P@O have always provided a shuttle into Blankenburg, it takes about 20 minutes and drops you off in the town by the train station. We have done the mini cruise and a longer four day one and each time there has always been a shuttle. We have also used the shuttle provided by the port which takes us to the gates, this was when we had booked a taxi to pick us up - taxi's aren't allowed into the port and you have to use the shuttle.

The free port shuttle that takes you to the dock gates drops you off near the Russian Submarine and light ship exhibition, admission to that is about 12.50 euros if you want to go in. A private bus company operates a service into town for shopping etc and I think the return fare was something like 20.00 Euros return (not sure on that price). You can pay using credit/debit cards in the tent like shelter on the main road about 200 yards from the dock gates, just past the museum. This bus service drops you off at the coach park in Bruges and you need to walk through the botanical park to get to the main shops area. Return bus brings you back to dock area about 15 to 20 mins each way on the bus.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

I know the other ways of getting to Bruges well but I didn't know about this alternative route by the private bus company at the dock gates. Thank you, John. We might try it out on our next port stop to Zeebrugge later in the year.

When we get dropped off outside the port is there some shops nearby we can walk to?

If you take P&O's free shuttle into the town of Blankenberge, about 20 mins away, there are plenty of shops and cafes etc to walk to there when you get dropped off and you can also walk up through the town to Blankenberge's promenade and marina and very clean beach - oh and the pier!

Edited by Scriv

If you take P&O's free shuttle into the town of Blankenberge, about 20 mins away, there are plenty of shops and cafes etc to walk to there when you get dropped off and you can also walk up through the town to Blankenberge's promenade and marina and very clean beach - oh and the pier!

Thanks ever so much 😊

• 3 weeks later...