Tom Moore's jungle transporation

lauren0309

We haven't decided yet if we want to go to Tom Moore' Jungle Day 1 or Day 2.

Day 1 we are going to St. George, if we have time go to TMJ. If not, Day 2 we plan on going to Hamilton and then to TMJ. I have read from Hamilton to TMJ take bus #1,3,10 or 11. But if we decide to go to TMJ from St. George would it be the same bus numbers.

Day 1 we are going to St. George, if we have time go to TMJ. If not, Day 2 we plan on going to Hamilton and then to TMJ. I have read from Hamilton to TMJ take bus #1,3,10 or 11. But if we decide to go to TMJ from St. George would it be the same bus numbers.

Yes, the same bus numbers from St. George.

There are 2 entrances/exits to/from TMJ.

One entrance/exit is at Walsingham Lane which is off Harrington Sound Rd (bus route). Following Walsingham Lane will bring you into TMJ by Tom Moore's Tavern.

The other entrance/exit is on Blue Hole Hill past the entrance to the Grotto Bay Beach Resort but just before the southwestern end of The Causeway.

Bus routes #1 & #3 go by both entrances. Coming from the Hamilton the bus will first go by the access road to TMT and then go by the entrance on Blue Hole Hill Rd . If coming from St George, it does the reverse.

Bus routes #10 & #11 only go by the entrance on Blue Hole Hill.

SBtS

• 3 weeks later...

Was just there last week. It was one of the highlights of our trip. We got off at Grotto Bay Resort, walked down the hill to the gas station (stocked up on a few snacks- get the Dale's popcorn witj Vegatable Seasoning). If you cross over the road at the bend you will see a small parking lot, the path appears to be blocked off by a fence, which I think is to preven mopeds from using it. Wlak to the right and you will see another dirt path. If you want adventure it's all in that little park. Cliff jumping into the blue water hole, cave swimming, snorkeling and hiking. Expect to spend at least 3 hours there, it's well worth it! Suggestion bring a mask, snorkel, water shoes and a waterproof flashlight if you want to swim in the caves! If you want more details let me know. We found some really cool stuff by exploring the area.

Was just there last week. It was one of the highlights of our trip. We got off at Grotto Bay Resort, walked down the hill to the gas station (stocked up on a few snacks- get the Dale's popcorn witj Vegatable Seasoning). If you cross over the road at the bend you will see a small parking lot, the path appears to be blocked off by a fence, which I think is to preven mopeds from using it. Wlak to the right and you will see another dirt path. If you want adventure it's all in that little park. Cliff jumping into the blue water hole, cave swimming, snorkeling and hiking. Expect to spend at least 3 hours there, it's well worth it! Suggestion bring a mask, snorkel, water shoes and a waterproof flashlight if you want to swim in the caves! If you want more details let me know. We found some really cool stuff by exploring the area.

i only recently discovered this as something fun to do and i'm leaving in a few weeks so any and all details would be appreciated. 3 free hours of doing something fun is exactly what i'm looking for

i only recently discovered this as something fun to do and i'm leaving in a few weeks so any and all details would be appreciated. 3 free hours of doing something fun is exactly what i'm looking for

It's a great place, like I said bring a mask, snorkel, waterproof flashlight and a pair of water shoes (much easier to walk on rocks than with flippers). Another great free place which is walking distance from the dockyard is Glass Beach- safe this for your last day in port. If you want more details about Tom Moore's Jungle an other fun things we did in Bermuda ease check out my entire review (still a work in progress).

• 9 months later...
It's a great place, like I said bring a mask, snorkel, waterproof flashlight and a pair of water shoes (much easier to walk on rocks than with flippers). Another great free place which is walking distance from the dockyard is Glass Beach- safe this for your last day in port. If you want more details about Tom Moore's Jungle an other fun things we did in Bermuda ease check out my entire review (still a work in progress).

Hi. We will be in Bermuda in 3 weeks and are really excited about going to Tom Moore's Jungle. Question ... is the swimming cave hard to find? Would it be easy to get lost? I have been reading directions but they all seem a little vague. Can you help with this? Thanks!

from another thread:

from the Bernews article 2/6/17:

“In addition the Trustees would like to note there has been increased use of the reserve in recent years and ask all visitors to respect the reserve regulations, which are now posted on signs at the entrances.

This includes a ban on swimming in the ponds and cave pool, to protect the fragile flora and fauna that live in the water, which could be killed by the toxins in sun creams.

Just because others are ignoring this does not make it right, JMO.

SBtS

from another thread:

from the Bernews article 2/6/17:

“In addition the Trustees would like to note there has been increased use of the reserve in recent years and ask all visitors to respect the reserve regulations, which are now posted on signs at the entrances.

This includes a ban on swimming in the ponds and cave pool, to protect the fragile flora and fauna that live in the water, which could be killed by the toxins in sun creams.

Just because others are ignoring this does not make it right, JMO.

SBtS

I agree. We still want to visit the cave, even if we don't swim in it.