Reward Nights glitch

Mr Rumor

A funny thing happened on our slow boat to Platinum: We wuz robbed of 14 of our Reward Nights! Or so I thought last night when checking my Regent account online and seeing an erroneous number posted.

I spoke to a Regent sales consultant in the Omaha office this morning. According to him, the Regent site is currently being worked on and "IT is migrating some systems." Currently, he added, the 14 nights we earned in a special 2-for-1 Reward Nights promotion back in 2011 aren't displaying, but in fact, "the core of the system" shows the same number of nights my records show. He said that the correct number of Reward Nights will appear on our online account "eventually."

I figured if this happened to us it may have happened on others, especially those who also took advantage of a Regent promotion that promised extra Reward Nights. So you might want to check your nights, and seek clarification if the number appears incorrect, especially if you are nearing a new rewards tier.

Rich

Edited by Mr Rumor

I noticed that as well a week or so ago when I was finalizing a booking. My online profile is missing some nights (The exact amount of nights I received during their double loyalty nights promotion a few years back). But the Guest invoice I received from Regent has my correct number of nights listed.

I have no recollection of this program - although I was completely unaware of CC in 2011 so I may have missed out completely, although I did two cruises in 2011. (Learned about CC while on a cruise)

Thanks

gnomie :)

vitacura, I also thought to check our Guest Statement for our upcoming cruise and was happy to see it showed our correct number of Reward Nights.

Jackie, we're doing well, and hope you and Dennis are, too! Shauna is doing especially well, enthused as she is to be cruising the Caribbean with us next month. It will be Shauna's fourth Regent cruise.

Gnomie, the Regent sales consultant I spoke to referenced several two-for-one Reward Nights promotions over the last several years involving the booking of a certain category suite on a particular cruise. But the promotion I was specifically referring to, and which I'm guessing vitacura and TC2 also took advantage of, took place on Black Friday (and Saturday) 2011, and was even sweeter: Book any cruise, any category, and receive double the Reward Nights. I was already looking at Miami-Lima, January, 2013, so when the Regent e-mail hit my Inbox I pounced. As it turned out, the extra 14 nights nudged us into Gold for that cruise. Would love for Regent to reprise this promotion some time (Black Friday, 2016, would work).

Rich

Rich - most posters will have no clue as to what we are talking about (which, IMO is fine). Regent will never do that type of promotion again as it completely messes up their computer system. "Double nights" was a once in a lifetime situation and we are so very lucky to have been able to take advantage of it. Are you still doing the crossing in November? Hope so:)

Hi Rachel! We're on the March 25 cruise, the one that Eager2Travel has been posting about (talk about special offers).

Jackie, we're definitely set to join you and the rest of the great group of Roll Callers on the inaugural Explorer crossing in November. We're gonna rock the Atlantic (instead of it rocking us, I hope)!

Rich

Just sent an mail to our TA regarding this issue. Not only are the bonus nights mixed up, we are thinking of upgrading our suite on our March, 2017 Explorer cruise and the prices are different in two places on the Regent website. I'm trying to be very patient and understanding but it is difficult to make decisions when the information available is not correct.

......... "Double nights" was a once in a lifetime situation and we are so very lucky to have been able to take advantage of it. ........................

It looks like it may be "twice in a life time."

Just received this email"

As an esteemed member of our
®, we invite you to
earn DOUBLE NIGHTS
toward your next Seven Seas Society membership level on all 2016 Alaska, Canada & New England voyages. Plus, enjoy FREE Unlimited WiFi throughout the ship, and on select voyages a $300 Shipboard Credit with our Alaskan Summer Offer.
Book Now, our DOUBLE NIGHTS Offer expires March 31, 2016.

Must be having trouble filling the ships!!!

Enjoy,

J

It looks like it may be "twice in a life time."

Just received this email"

As an esteemed member of our
®, we invite you to
earn DOUBLE NIGHTS
toward your next Seven Seas Society membership level on all 2016 Alaska, Canada & New England voyages. Plus, enjoy FREE Unlimited WiFi throughout the ship, and on select voyages a $300 Shipboard Credit with our Alaskan Summer Offer.
Book Now, our DOUBLE NIGHTS Offer expires March 31, 2016.

Must be having trouble filling the ships!!!

Enjoy,

J

Wow - really surprised because all I heard was complaining about having to enter the "bonus nights" separately. Although we would love double nights, we cancelled our 2016 Alaska cruise and booked a land vacation. Still - it is very tempting as we would love to attain "Titanium" status before we stop cruising.

I'm confused. Does this "twice in a lifetime" thing apply only to new reservations? I.e. was the notice that JMARINER speaks of sent only to Society members who are not at this time booked for Alaska in 2016? Also: I had been under the impression that Alaska cruises were reliably popular. Not the case-- or not the case anymore?

I'm confused. Does this "twice in a lifetime" thing apply only to new reservations? I.e. was the notice that JMARINER speaks of sent only to Society members who are not at this time booked for Alaska in 2016? Also: I had been under the impression that Alaska cruises were reliably popular. Not the case-- or not the case anymore?

If one is already booked Regent will probably NOT give you the extra benefit(s) retroactively. (Except possibly if you have a really good agent.)

I did a spot check of several of the June and July 2016 sailing. It look fairly empty with very very few "wait listed" categories. The big suites seem to be filing up, probably with families.

Lastly, IMO, I would never recommend Regent for Alaska in summer mainly becasue of the price. The ports a always crowded in summer and there are not many exclusive excursions so you are thrown in with the rest of the 3000-5000 passengers. Might as well do a Princess ship for 1/2 the money for a suite.

The Regent Canadian Maritime's cruises are very good.

j

If one is already booked Regent will probably NOT give you the extra benefit(s) retroactively. (Except possibly if you have a really good agent.)

The fine print (highlights are mine):

DOUBLE NIGHTS offer is available on Seven Seas Mariner 2016 Alaska & Canada New England voyages departing May 8 – October 21, 2016 and valid for new bookings made between February 10 – March 31, 2016. Offer is available to all Seven Seas Society Bronze and higher members. Mention DOUBLE NIGHTS at time of booking. Not all offers and promotions are combinable.

The fine print (highlights are mine):

DOUBLE NIGHTS offer is available on Seven Seas Mariner 2016 Alaska & Canada New England voyages departing May 8 – October 21, 2016 and valid for new bookings made between February 10 – March 31, 2016. Offer is available to all Seven Seas Society Bronze and higher members. Mention DOUBLE NIGHTS at time of booking. Not all offers and promotions are combinable.

Thanks for adding the fine print. Glad to see that you must be a Seven Seas Society member in order to take advantage of this offer. Would like to see more offers with this stipulation.

Rachel: If you haven't already, maybe take a look at post #13 on the thread called "Tricky advertising." I was surprised to read that even when Regent has said "no" to a certain benefit, Regent sometimes changes its mind? Maybe for a special TA?

We have also already booked for Alaska in June, here in the UK we find it difficult to find a good TA so i book direct with Regent. I do believe that they should look after their long standing customers a little better than they do and I will be ringing on Monday to talk to someone in the UK office and let them know my feeling about this. We booked this at the end of January.

There is still availability on the cruise that poss and Rachel are booked on. Perhaps you can cancel and rebook? IMO, Regent should stick to their rules and not make special deals with TA's. IMO, doing special things for certain people causes bad feelings. The rules are the rules and I see no reason to deviate from them. On the other hand, as mentioned, I would like to see more offers for long time loyal customers (either silver or gold and above).

Edited by Travelcat2

Getting back to the subject on the first page, it took us contacting our TA to get our "bonus nights" put back into the system.

In terms of this special not being available in the U.K., it does seem only fair since there is a 25% discount that is not available to those of us in North America. I've learned not to get overly upset about these things. Regent will make certain offers that are only available to guests in certain regions. It also seems that Regent is finally offering specials to people that have cruised Regent previously.

Oh what a wonderful cruise you have booked. We did Montreal to Miami in 2014 and it's our best cruise ever. We have previously taken a similar cruise years ago with celebrity. The ports are excellent and it's such a relaxing type of cruise. I am sure you are going to love it. We are on Mariner in August Vancouver to Sanfransisco. You may get a good deal booking your second cruise with the TA? Jean.

Getting back to the subject on the first page, it took us contacting our TA to get our "bonus nights" put back into the system.

Jackie, thanks for letting us know you were able to have your correct number of Reward Nights restored with the help of your TA. Beats having the correction made "eventually" by Regent (to quote the sales consultant I spoke with). I've just put the matter in the hands of my agent.

Rich