Cunard Soft Drinks Package

HellouB

Hi Everyone,

I wondered if anyone can help me as I am hearing different comments about the soft drinks package. I want to purchase this for my husband and children, but I need to know if they can use this package in the Britannia restaurant? Our cruise is port intensive and if you cannot use it with your main evening meal it would seem pointless to purchase it and I would just pay for each drink.

In addition my children are 14 and 17. Are they able to order for themselves from the bar their cokes or will I have to order for them instead? This may pose a problem if they are in the teen zone and want to get a drink and are not able to.

The soft drink package can be used in Britannia or any other venue. Fountain drinks only - no canned drinks.

I don't know the answer to your other question.

I occasionally have a Coke/Pepsi but usually not at meals, so you'd have to decide whether the average daily consumption will be high enough especially with port visits.

Edited by Underwatr

When you purchase a soda package, a sticker is attached to your key card. As long as your children have their cards there shouldn't be any reason why they could not order for themselves.

Besides the fountain drinks you can also get fruit juices with the soda package. I often had a glass of juice with dinner instead of a soda.

We are thinking of buying the soft drinks package when we go on the QE next year, I have read that when you buy it you pay 15% service charge. Am I correct in thinking that the service charge is not added every time you get a soft drink and only at the time you buy the package. Thanks.

We are thinking of buying the soft drinks package when we go on the QE next year, I have read that when you buy it you pay 15% service charge. Am I correct in thinking that the service charge is not added every time you get a soft drink and only at the time you buy the package. Thanks.

Correct. The 15% service charge is included in the purchase price of the soft drinks package.

Edit: The last time we purchased the soft drinks package, the cost was $6.50 + 15% = $7.475 per day per person.

Edited by bluemarble

This is the best value around. Kids get their own sticker on their key card and can use it themselves:)

Princess is not much dearer $8-05 per day including 15% service charge and includes milk shakes, mocktails and hot chocolate on top of what Cunard serve.

As far as I know, purchasing a soft drink on its own will have the 15% added to the cost.

I used the soft drink package during my World Voyage last year and saved a lot. If you normally have 3 or more sodas a day, it's worth it. As I don't drink coffee or tea, I lived on Diet Pepsi for 94 days. My soda was always waiting for me at dinner each evening and the refills kept coming.

Don

This is the best value around. Kids get their own sticker on their key card and can use it themselves:)

Our kids enjoy having them and, when younger, even "swanked it" a bit, as if they were using credit cards.

Also, I'm pretty sure they are an even BETTER deal since the folks in the dining room brought larger and larger glasses seemingly every night. By the end of the trip they were drinking out of what looked like small pitchers!

Probably NOT good for those over 30. :-)