Live from MSC Meraviglia Sailing from Barcelona 7/7/17 with lots of photos!

kikki21

Thanks for the review.

I agree with you on the food at the MDR...but the buffet more than made up for it imo. After 3 nights in the MDR, we had the rest of the meals in the buffet and a specialty dining.

I might wait to sail the Meraviglia until she is in Miami.

Okay. Thank you. They told us we will be charged 20 dollars.

Also, where do you leave the adult's wristbands? In the cabin?

Can you please let me know what these wristbands are LUGI? We will be travelling with kids in September. Thanks.

I have to say I agree with that too Lugi. It seems that those in YC have a totally different experience to everyone else on Meraviglia. Such a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please can you tell me what type of state room you had with the hot tub on the balcony?

I thought they only had hot tubs in the Royal Yacht Club cabins? Thank you

Just went through the whole review and that certifiably filled in on the Instagram photos. Glad you had a good time even with the issues!

Lol I didn't have time to post loads to Instagram as well as on here & Facebook! [emoji4]

Kikki / Lugi - just curious - did you happen to get any video of the interior of the cabins? I'm wondering if all the insides are arranged the same / same size.

I have got videos but I'm struggling to post them!

They are the forward corner Aurea Suites

Correct

They are called all sorts - S3 is the category.

Large angle balcony suite with hot tub.

Right at the front corners of the ship.

The Duplex suites also have a hot tub too!

Correct

They are called all sorts - S3 is the category.

Large angle balcony suite with hot tub.

Right at the front corners of the ship.

The Duplex suites also have a hot tub too!

Do these have access to the Yacht Club?

• 2 weeks later...
I think you've made my mind up on Taormina as it was the one stop I wasn't sure about( it's quite pricey for the four of us ). Thanks notice that all of a sudden with less than 4 weeks to go were being offered 20% discount on the excursions online

Hi, The discounted excursions. Did you find them on the website of MSC or on the app? tnx

We had that come up online too Rossco01 - Taormina is definitely a lovely place to visit!

We had the pleasure of meeting Leighglo earlier which was lovely & set the MSC world to rights & just when we things couldn't get much worse!

Hi, The discounted excursions. Did you find them on the website of MSC or on the app? tnx

They were on the MSC website when you log into your booking.

They seem to appear a few weeks before your sailing but it's not for every excursion.

They were on the MSC website when you log into your booking.

They seem to appear a few weeks before your sailing but it's not for every excursion.

Hi tnx for the reply. i am sailing the first week of september and on the website of msc are the prices still the same.

I see the discounted prices on the MSC for Me app bur their is not reservation button :-(.

And when i call MSC nobody knows anything :-(

Hi tnx for the reply. i am sailing the first week of september and on the website of msc are the prices still the same.

I see the discounted prices on the MSC for Me app bur their is not reservation button :-(.

And when i call MSC nobody knows anything :-(

Refresh your cookie settings on whatever you are using for the website - that may help if it is not showing up.

Wow had my included massage which I chose to be the hot stone Bali massage which was great. I also pre booked a facial as a treat - what an hour and a half of bliss! ❤️

Kiki,

With the Aurea Experience ( included massage) were you able to book your massage prior to your cruise or did you have to wait and book it onboard?

Tnx but no.....

Did you use the MSC for me app on board for something? Because in the beginning of your review it was not working.

I couldn't get the internet working at the beginning of my time on the ship & had to go to Guest services to sort it out. I didn't really use the app that much on board. I checked our bookings for stuff at times, that was handy.

I've heard that the MDR menus are now on the app or at least on the TV's in your room but it didn't seem to work in ours!

Kiki,

With the Aurea Experience ( included massage) were you able to book your massage prior to your cruise or did you have to wait and book it onboard?

I waited till I was on board to book my massage but I pre paid my facial treatment.

I was able to then book them in together in the spa which was great. It's recommended that you do this asap when you get on board for the best choice in times & dates.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your amazing review! I am very excited for my upcoming trip on the Divina, as it is my first ever MSC cruise. This ship is very beautiful, and while I am glad that it is making its way to North America soon, I am also somehwat upset, because when I finally cruise through Europe, I won't ba able to cruise on it! Luckily, the Bellissima is coming soon. Thanks for your gorgeous pics and informative review!

More pics!

9b68e7ee085518dc73d3473d94119e87.jpg

Top 19 sun deck

43421add4db0a860275fe5e472b13291.jpg

It's quite extensive with a hot tub at the front, quite an innovative design!

f7d5193d3721e00702c5bf8cf885929a.jpg

The Sky Lounge is my favourite looking bar so far!

66f21c8a3a921a1d7a74a1333a01608f.jpg

1de14e9775877eaa1c945686a59fb8de.jpg

We're currently sitting at the Pool Bar enjoying a pina colada & there's still a lot of the ship we haven't seen!

Now the wifi is working - it's pretty fast & the ship is sailing smooth - in fact, you can't feel that you're sailing!

Kikki - Excellent detailed review with some beautiful photos.

If I may ask, you are booked in an Aurea Suite and have access to the Sky Lounge and Top Sail. I thought this area was only for those booked in the Yatch Club? I haven't sailed on MSC yet so just curious how this works since I'm booked on MSC Seaside and also in an Aurea Suite. I do realize it's a different ship and layout. Thanks in advance for any feedback you can share.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Kiki - Excellent detailed review with some beautiful photos.

If I may ask, you are booked in an Aurea Suite and have access to the Sky Lounge and Top Sail. I thought this area was only for those booked in the Yatch Club? I haven't sailed on MSC yet so just curious how this works since I'm booked on MSC Seaside and also in an Aurea Suite. I do realize it's a different ship and layout. Thanks in advance for any feedback you can share.

Aurea has no access to the Top Sail Lounge.

Sky lounge is available for all adults.