Summit Drink Package Question

Rhayne

We're currently booking and going to be choosing the Classic drink package. I've read a lot about the packages and I understand what sort of drinks are included. My question is how MANY are included? For example: Can i drink as many bottles of water I want in a day? Can I drink 3 or 4 cokes with dinner? Can I have 2 alcoholic drinks by the pool and then one with dinner and then two with the evening's show? Or do they cap how much you can drink in a day?

I wouldn't drink that much EVER but I also don't wanna go over a limit if there is one.

It is a great package, we can get everything we want. And I love the fact that Celebrity has soda in cans vs guns. So much better.

Now if they would get rid of the bottles for beer I would be happy. I drink bottles at home but NEVER have bottles at the pool or beach. Would be much nicer if they went to cans or aluminum 16oz cans vs those glass bottles.

I have one other question.

On the Celebrity site on the packages page it says "An 18% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout."

What does this mean? And how does it apply when you're picking a Free perk?

On the Celebrity site on the packages page it says "An 18% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout."

If you choose the Classic Drink Package as a perk there is no additional service charge added. (Unlike NCL who charges a service charge on the value of the package). If you choose to upgrade to the Premium package you will be charged the 18% service charge on the additional cost.

We'd always stop at a bar and pick up bottled water or Diet Coke to take back to our cabin to have there whenever we wanted it. It was really nice having the Classic Pkg. From what I've been told, all you have to do is wait about 10 mins. between drink orders for the computers to register/record the drink on your account. We found that to be the case in May too.

Thanks for all the info so far.

Another question:

This is our first time with a drink package. This may sound stupid but how do I order? If I go up to a bar and order, do they take my seapass and find out that I have the classic package and make my drink according to the liquor that is included in the package? Or do I have to tell them as I'm ordering that it's a classic package? Same question goes for when we order in the theater. Do they check before they make the drinks?

We're currently booking and going to be choosing the Classic drink package. I've read a lot about the packages and I understand what sort of drinks are included. My question is how MANY are included? For example: Can i drink as many bottles of water I want in a day? Can I drink 3 or 4 cokes with dinner? Can I have 2 alcoholic drinks by the pool and then one with dinner and then two with the evening's show? Or do they cap how much you can drink in a day?

I wouldn't drink that much EVER but I also don't wanna go over a limit if there is one.

You sound like you have been sailing with Carnival, why, they have and enforce a drink number limit.

There is no such thing on Celebrity!

Last Nov we had 7 pages of ZERO drink line items on our final statement.

PS: we each had 3-4 coffee's, 4-5 Perrier's, many bottled waters, fresh OJ, 3-4 glasses of wine before and during dinner, many a craft beer in the GastroBar, and night caps at the World or Martini Bar. Oh, we are not lushes either!

Edited by wallie5446

You sound like you have been sailing with Carnival, why, they have and enforce a drink number limit.

There is no such thing on Celebrity!

Last Nov we had 7 pages of ZERO drink line items on our final statement.

Nah. I've only sailed on Celebrity. This year is our 4th time. We've never had the packages though. I keep feeling like i'm going to make a mistake and someone won't tell me so I'll end up back in my room later in the evening and see charges on my account. :)

It is included as a part of the perk. We from time to time will give something extra if we feel the service was really good.

Thanks for all the info so far.

Another question:

This is our first time with a drink package. This may sound stupid but how do I order? If I go up to a bar and order, do they take my seapass and find out that I have the classic package and make my drink according to the liquor that is included in the package? Or do I have to tell them as I'm ordering that it's a classic package? Same question goes for when we order in the theater. Do they check before they make the drinks?

The only dumb question is one you don't ask! The only time it gets shakey is when you order top shelf brand liquor in your drink. Ask the server if it will be within your pkg $$ limit. They get asked every day by others! ;)

Edited by wallie5446

Nah. I've only sailed on Celebrity. This year is our 4th time. We've never had the packages though. I keep feeling like i'm going to make a mistake and someone won't tell me so I'll end up back in my room later in the evening and see charges on my account. :)

Oh My! Not to worry then! The freedom to not worry about a large bill at the end is awesome! Your gonna love it!

EW

These little gems at the Martini Bar will get you that added charge! :D

flight.jpg.fce38000508424dd9e0fc1cd03cafc53.jpg

martni.jpg.4b854b9075d63037e285e5d8986541d3.jpg

Hi,

My question is slightly different. Although this will be our 5th Celebrity Cruise it is our first with a Drinks package, it being Premium. When I order drinks for my wife and I, do I have to show both sea pass cards?

Hi,

My question is slightly different. Although this will be our 5th Celebrity Cruise it is our first with a Drinks package, it being Premium. When I order drinks for my wife and I, do I have to show both sea pass cards?

Yup.

Another curious question...

I know that the classic package allows for alcoholic drinks up to 8 dollars and beers up to 6 but what about other drinks? If i weren't on a plan, what is the price of a can of soda? What is the price of a bottle of water? What is the price of a cappuccino?

I'm trying to calculate what we'd drink in a day to see if the classic package is right for us. But without exact prices I can only guess and that annoys me.

Has anyone been on a recent sailing and weren't on a drink package so they can tell me how much things really cost?

Another curious question...

I know that the classic package allows for alcoholic drinks up to 8 dollars and beers up to 6 but what about other drinks? If i weren't on a plan, what is the price of a can of soda? What is the price of a bottle of water? What is the price of a cappuccino?

I'm trying to calculate what we'd drink in a day to see if the classic package is right for us. But without exact prices I can only guess and that annoys me.

Has anyone been on a recent sailing and weren't on a drink package so they can tell me how much things really cost?

Here is the link to the Café menu:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-cafe-al-bacio-and-gelateria#

Go to the right side and there you can look at the cost for every type drink they offer.

Edited by wallie5446

Be careful about drunken upgrades. I upgraded to premium when we boarded. Signed a little slip got a sticker. All well and good. DH proceeds to get hammered (he forgot his ambien so this process was repeated a couple times during the cruise). We stopped at one bar and he told the bartender to surprise him with whatever drink he felt like making. DH gets a slip to sign. Signs it and stuffs it in his pocket. The next morning he discovered the slip and asked me why they charged him $87. I looked at his card and it had a premium sticker on it. He had to take a trip down to guest relations to get it cleared up. Now he knows better than to sign any slips.

We have sailed with the premium package our last 3 cruises. Sometimes a computer error will occur and a charge will sneak through. Customer Relations is always happy to have it removed....things happen ;)

The beverage package is wonderful....it is a fun way to try new drinks...and if you don't like it, don't drink it...go try something else!

After 3 cruises, this is the ONLY way we will cruise any longer. No worries about how much we are spending. After a few days, some of the bartenders will recognize you and not ask for the sea pass any longer. We have also been able to try wines that are not on the menu.