Question For A World Cruise Veteran

nukesubsailor

For a b2b booked as 1 cruise, we received 2 cruise credit for the 2 segments. I guess that also applies to the segments of a world cruise,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That has been the case for me also for a back to back booked as a single booking. I was hoping to hear from someone who has actually taken a world cruise and either got multiple cruise credits or an explanation why they only got one cruise credit. If my friend can get credits for each segment added to his cruise history it will advance him to the next level in the Captain's Circle.

Answer is definitely that there would be a cruise credit for each segment.

It did not use to be that way if booked as a single cruise with a single booking number but this was changed about 5 years ago.

Of course Captain's Circle status can also be based on number of days, so with a 107 day world cruise, advancement to a higher level is likely anyway.

By the way, if at the end of a segment the number of cruise days or credits is met for the next level of status, the following segment would be at the new level. You may have to speak with the rep on board to make sure that happens.

Thanks you for the responses. It has been most helpful for a friend and former submarine shipmate in his journey towards becoming an Elite level Princess passenger.
I was wondering the same thing, about both Veteran and Captains Circle.:D

We did the entire WC booked as one cruise 107 days, in 2009, and got 1 cruise credit.. but got a new mini bar each segment😲

I would definitely contact Princess about that because it isn't right. We're booked on a 49 day cruise that can be done as a single 49 day (the way we booked it) or as a 19 day and a 30 day. Our personalizer shows 2 cruise credits for the cruise.

We did the entire WC booked as one cruise 107 days, in 2009, and got 1 cruise credit.. but got a new mini bar each segment😲

That was before they changed the policy to give one cruise credit for each segment of a longer cruise booked with one booking number.

It is possible they may be willing to go back and grant you the additional cruise credits, but you will not know unless you ask.

Yes you must ask. I'm going as a solo but paying for two people. I'm going to inquire if I should get to cruise credits. Won't hurt anything. They gave us credit for a previous Cruise which was not on their roles we did it when sitmar was switching over to princess, back in 98.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Yes you must ask. I'm going as a solo but paying for two people. I'm going to inquire if I should get to cruise credits. Won't hurt anything. They gave us credit for a previous Cruise which was not on their roles we did it when sitmar was switching over to princess, back in 98.

Sorry, that was 1988. Time flies

It was sometime after 2011 that they started giving credits for segments. I did 2 segments on the 2011 Dawn Princess and asked the rep last year and was told no go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums