Electric outlets (power points) in common areas

Geezer Cruiser

I thought about it as there won't be bedside outlets in the cabin, so I might forget to plug in a low device overnight. Not the end of the world, but thought I'd ask.

Worst case scenario is that I might have to resort to reading ... a print book!:eek:

Ah - I don't plug in devices bedside at home either so I didn't think about this. I just plug them in when i walk in the cabin door.

The Legend has bedside plugs so I would think the Pride does as well. It was hidden and our cabin steward showed it to us so we didn't have to use extension cord for a CPAP machine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

While not the best solution for cameras or video equipment going flat because you forgot to charge them when turning in you might want to buy one or two inexpensive ($13.00 - $25.00) power adapter/batteries and keep them charged as a charging backup when out and about. Even the cheapest ones will give you at least 2000mAh of power which will generally get you by charging any device with a USB connection (even an Apple device - with the right adapter cord). You know full well that if you buy a battery charging backup and keep it in you pocket you'll never need it - but just in case.

I carry one when on long tours away from the ship should my phone, which has become my main photo device, needs a boost. I've actually used it a couple of times too.

Edited by Magnum60

While not the best solution for cameras or video equipment going flat because you forgot to charge them when turning in you might want to buy one or two inexpensive ($13.00 - $25.00) power adapter/batteries and keep them charged as a charging backup when out and about.

Good brands of external batteries go on sale pretty often. I've gotten an Anker 13000 mAh on Amazon for less than $20. Partly that seems to be because they are bringing out new models with faster charging or fancy features but these ones do the job. The Anker Power Core 1000 is currently less than $25 on Amazon Prime. That's my favorite because it has a nice compact form factor with a good amount of charge.

Given the shortage of outlets in some hotel rooms, it also helps to also bring along a multiport USB charger so you can use one outlet to charge multiple devices at the same time. Make sure your wall charger will do at least 2 A per port so it doesn't take forever to charge the batteries. Get good cords as well. It's always a good idea to bring extra USB and Apple cords - especially the Apple Lightening ones as they are particularly failure prone.

I usually travel with 3 external batteries. For daytime, a very small, very pocket friendly 3000 mAh plus a larger one. A large one that I can use to keep my phone charged next to my bed at night when there is no outlet near enough. I can charge the daytime batteries at night and throw the nighttime battery on the charger in the morning.

Edited by new_cruiser