Izumi Hibachi- ? on dining times

The dining opened up on my upcoming Oasis cruise and regardless the day I select, we can choose 5:00, 5:15 & 5:30 or 9:00, 9:15 & 9:30.

Are there only 2 dining services/timeslots for the Hibachi? We like to dine between 6:30-7:00 so I am wondering if that is possible and I have to wait for once I get onboard to book/change my time or if these are the only times

Thanks for your help

We didn't book our 7:15 slot till we were onboard...but I'd book whatever night and time you want when you board day one...the hibatchi is excellent and fills up fast...only three grill stations seatingb24 total folks each of the three seatings.

Thank you all !😀

Bit the bullet and booked anyway for the 1st night . I will see once on board if I can change the time. Treating ouse lives to a suite for the 1st time so I will ask the concierge 😊

Since you are staying in a suite I would email the concierge with time you want.

We did on our Oasis cruise this past August and they reserved the time we wanted with no problems at all.

• 2 weeks later...
We didn't book our 7:15 slot till we were onboard...but I'd book whatever night and time you want when you board day one...the hibatchi is excellent and fills up fast...only three grill stations seatingb24 total folks each of the three seatings.

Can you explain how pricing works? When I look to pre-book in Cruise Planner it says $30pp but also shows an a la carte menu. We're looking forward to trying it on our upcoming cruise next month. :)

Can you explain how pricing works? When I look to pre-book in Cruise Planner it says $30pp but also shows an a la carte menu. We're looking forward to trying it on our upcoming cruise next month. :)

Hibachi is a flat fee of either $30 or $35. Other items are ala carte.

Hibachi is a flat fee of either $30 or $35. Other items are ala carte.

The Hibachi flat fee of $35 is the way to go as it includes all the main course options and dessert. The a-la-carte is for Izumi which is the sushi side. We were on Oasis two weeks ago and did Hibachi and it was very good and entertaining. We had the 5:15 seating

Izumi is one of our favorites! We always talk to the wait staff and ask the best time to dine in the specialty restaurants. On our most recent cruise on Navigator we were told 6:30pm was best time due to fact we were able to enjoy a very leisurely dinner watching the sun set. Upon boarding we were offered a 20% discount the first night then another 20% discount again two nights later. The food was terrific!

Edited by anjomojo

When the concierge emailed us, this was one of my first questions. They didn't respond right away (they emailed us about 3 weeks out) but the day before we boarded they had confirmed that they had moved our reservation to 7:30pm. I think the time options were 7:15, 7:30, and 7:45pm.

Not sure why these aren't offered in the cruise planner to begin with, but at least you are still able to get them :)