Disembarkation questions

zelker

Will Seabourn allow us to hang out in our suite until we leave the ship rather than sending everyone to a common area, e.g., the theater, to wait?

If the ship is scheduled to dock in Buenos Aires at 7:00 A.M., what's the latest they will let us stay onboard?

What options (i.e., venues) are available for breakfast on the last morning?

Thanks!

Best to ask this on the Seabourn board. But generally you have to vacate your cabin fairly early (8:30ish) but the Seabourn board is the best place to ask.

As far as I know, this IS the Seabourn board ... unless there's another one I don't know about?

As far as I know, this IS the Seabourn board ... unless there's another one I don't know about?

Very odd I originally found it under "ask a question" and went to give you a link and then found it here.... Ok I'm loosing it :)

Very odd I originally found it under "ask a question" and went to give you a link and then found it here.... Ok I'm loosing it :)

No worries! But now I have to ask, what's "ask a question"? I've been a CC member since 2004 and I have no idea what/where it is.

No worries! But now I have to ask, what's "ask a question"? I've been a CC member since 2004 and I have no idea what/where it is.

:) I'm on the CC App but on the main website it's at the top of the Main Board, a place where an old member would not look under "New Cruisers" you have 2 choices and one is "Ask a Question". BTW on the App we can't see info in Your Profile right corner of your posts (where you are from, member since or # of posts ).

And what you see on mine only reflects my New Life on CC (long story). :)

:) I'm on the CC App but on the main website it's at the top of the Main Board, a place where an old member would not look under "New Cruisers" you have 2 choices and one is "Ask a Question". BTW on the App we can't see info in Your Profile right corner of your posts (where you are from, member since or # of posts ).

And what you see on mine only reflects my New Life on CC (long story). :)

Got it. Thanks.

You can normally stay onboard until just before 10am. It will depend on the port and Seabourn's own operations on the day. On our most recent cruise they were keen for everyone to disembark by 9.30am, on previous cruises we've disembarked at 10am.

I agree with Wripro, it is better for the crew if guests vacate their suite at the requested time.

On our last cruise we overslept on disembarkation morning and we didn't leave our suite until 8.15am; they'd requested us to vacate by 8am. Nobody tried to throw us out but I wouldn't want to push it any later than that.

Guests don't (normally) get sent to the theatre on disembarkation morning, you can wait in any of the public areas. Seabourn Square is often quite busy on that day but we usually have breakfast and then head there after we have a final walk around the ship.

Room service is available the morning of disembarkation (that is always my favorite on cruises due to potential rushing around getting ready to vacate the room by 8) and the Colonnade also opened earlier than usual opening time on disembarkation day ( I think an hour earlier, on my recent Odyssey cruise to allow for early disembarkers). Seabourn Square was also popular. No herding in the theatre. Civilized.

i am just back from the sojourn

we have to vacant the suite the latest at 8 am

disembarkation must be completed around 10 am

i once requested to stay longer due to a late flight i received a very strong NO way

a few years ago - also there was a belgian group in Monaco - with a bus transfer at noon

the group had to wait outside the ship ...as from 10 am

8 am has always (as far as I recall) been the time to vacate the rooms. The best options are an early breakfast in the Colonnade (it opens early that day), and then return to the suite to pick things up, or room service. 80%+ of guests seem to wait until 8 am and then try to rush into breakfast together with all their carry-ons - good to be out of there by then.

They want you off by 9.30am - I think they do not do a 'sweep' until a little before 10. Seabourn Square is a very comfortable place to wait, and the coffee is free-flowing.

But new guests will start to arrive from midday, so I think this is all reasonable - I am sure that people would complain vociferously if they were not allowed to board after midday, because passengers from the previous cruise were still hanging around on board

Thanks to all for the good info. Think we'll plan to order room service to be delivered around 7:00 and be ready to vacate our suite by 8:00 and disembark around 8:30.

OK, enough about the END of the cruise ... time to get back to planning for the actual 24 days on board!! :D

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...