Electrical plugs in NA cabin

MPowder

We are going on NA to Alaska in May, we will stay in Oceanview cabin. I would like to know how many electrical plugs (US) are available to use in the cabin? Is there USB port available? Just thinking if I need to bring extension cords.

No USB ports. Usually at least two US outlets. If you need to use more outlets simultaneously, the ship will need to provide a power bar for your use.

Regarding extension cords, per the HAL website, "Extension cords (without surge protectors) are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark."

With the Nieuw Amsterdam going into Dry Dock Before Christmas is it possible at least in the suites​ that the upgrades and might include the installation of some USB ports?

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I keep an extension cord stored in my cruise luggage just to be sure I bring one with me. It takes up virtually no room and little weight in luggage. Make sure it is a simple extension cord without surge suppression.

Hopefully they will upgrade the power availability in cabins during the next re-fit with USB outlets and extra 110v/220v outlets nearer the beds.

My last cruise was an inside cabin on the Nieuw Amsterdam, and I was delighted with the number of outlets I found.

The TV had been removed from the shelf above the desk, leaving at least two outlets behind. The shelf came in handy for storing things, including holding a charger, while the outlets were easily accessed. There was another outlet at the desk.

I suspect that since the inside cabins had been changed, the outside cabins nearby were, too.

I'm one of those people who has a hard time resisting a relatively inexpensive gadget. I just picked up one of these:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IRIQSY8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like it better than a power strip because if I have anything with a block power adapter it won't block other sockets. And there's no surge protection in this guy.

I almost got two of them, but given that I have a 1:5 USB power adapter, that would really be overkill.

Now I'm confused. Scrapnana's photo seems to show European-style sockets with round pins. We're off to Alaska on the Nieuw Amsterdam and presumed that the sockets will be US style with flat pins. Am I right or do I need to put some more adapters in the case?

Now I'm confused. Scrapnana's photo seems to show European-style sockets with round pins. We're off to Alaska on the Nieuw Amsterdam and presumed that the sockets will be US style with flat pins. Am I right or do I need to put some more adapters in the case?

There are some of each type of outlet.

Now I'm confused. Scrapnana's photo seems to show European-style sockets with round pins.
The two with 115v above them are standard US, and the two with 220V are European. If any of your chargers will accept 220V you can use those with just a plug adapter.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for everyone's response. I am just back so i would answer my questions in case anyone wonders about it. In our oceanview stateroom, there are 2 sets of electrical plugs with 110(or 105?) and 220 in each set by the desk, and there is another set where the old tv used to be i guess, so total of 3 sets in our room.