Emerald blog

janecambridge

I am away next week to Prague for a few nights and then jump on board Emerald waterways for a week down the Danube.

I would like to write a 'blog' about our experiences.Do I need to find a 'Blog' forum or do I just simply write on a general River cruise thread?

Thank you Jane.

I am away next week to Prague for a few nights and then jump on board Emerald waterways for a week down the Danube.

I would like to write a 'blog' about our experiences.Do I need to find a 'Blog' forum or do I just simply write on a general River cruise thread?

Thank you Jane.

You're in the right place right here! Looking forward to it.

Thank you Jane.

Bon Voyage! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip! Keeping fingers crossed it gets great reviews!! :)

Ok thank you....

We had our pack of paperwork exactly a week before we set off.It is very informative and came with 2 very well made large rucksacks.A great River map too.

We have 3 nights in Prague first before being transferred to the boat.I will give a brief description of transfers and hotel next week..then on to a more informative

Blog...:D

Jane,

Really looking forward to your blog. We have a group of 10 on the Emerald Star July 28. AMS to BUD. We are spending 4 days in Prague prior to flying to AMS for our trip. It is almost identical to what you are doing, but in reverse.

Very interested in your blog.

Just got off of a Viking cruise and am very interested in Emerald.

Some specific questions are:

1. What is the daily schedule on Emerald like?

2. How flexible are meal times? Do they run the buffet with different hours then the main dining room? How late is dinner scheduled?

3. How many bicycles do they carry? How hard are they to get for a port?

4. How are the excursions? Are there many options? Do they provide shuttles to town for those of us that prefer on our own visits and the dock is not convenient.

Ok thank you....

We had our pack of paperwork exactly a week before we set off.It is very informative and came with 2 very well made large rucksacks.A great River map too.

We have 3 nights in Prague first before being transferred to the boat.I will give a brief description of transfers and hotel next week..then on to a more informative

Blog...:D

This will be helpful for those of us just starting to look at Emerald.

If I may suggest something - start your blog when you arrive - and title it something that will let people know what itinerary you are doing. That way, it will be easy for people (like me!! :D ) to find.

Something like "From Prague to Budapest on Emerald Waterways".... I know that is boring - but then people know that it isn't just another Danube cruise.

Enjoy!! That is a great itinerary.

Fran