Cirque Dreams Not Included with UDP

monkeybone

NCL did make our reservation for us but not for Cagney's and Cirque Dreams Show

I have been contacted by NCL by phone today regarding this matter they took all our reservation numbers and will be back to me today or tomorrow they are aware of the outrage on Cagney's and Cirque Dreams. Hopefully they are going resolve this problem I will keep you posted .

NCL did make our reservation for us but not for Cagney's and Cirque Dreams Show

I have been contacted by NCL by phone today regarding this matter they took all our reservation numbers and will be back to me today or tomorrow they are aware of the outrage on Cagney's and Cirque Dreams. Hopefully they are going resolve this problem I will keep you posted .

Thanks for the update.

Rochelle

It is refundable.

For a party of 8 I would contact the group coordinator for the ship and see if they can make the reservation for them.

But in this circumstance I think it has more to do with what was officially posted by NCL in another thread;

"As a part of the Norwegian NEXT program, we’re making some exciting menu updates to Cagney’s. The restaurant will be closed for reservations prior to sailing, but you will still be able to make reservations onboard.

Norwegian Cruise Line

http://www.ncl.com[/url"]

This was post # 31 in this thread;

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=46191020#post46191020

So with this NEXT program we will have to wait and see these exciting menu updates...so exciting they had to stop taking reservations.

Rochelle

Exactly.... :rolleyes:

Yanks23 - if this get nowhere, do what monkeybone did - as a matter of principles - post to social media for a response, all the way up to COO, who finally acknowledged it for a followup (by delegating to an assistant down the pipeline, of course) - shame them for embarassment. It's not the money per se but breach in public trust among its customers.

Obviously, grandfathered provisions are out the balconies ... "NCL" is reading these forum & posts - shame on them for playing these games in how these changes are rolling out.

Not suggesting that everyone do this with a "minor" problem to IM the COO or alike, but as they say, where does the bucks stopped !!

Hello there,

I am Amy, the agent who assisted monkeybone in resolving her problem. I just wanted to say that nobody above me (Vivian) assigned me the issue "down the pipeline". It is not in my job description to go on social media and try to help my guests, I do it out of my own time because I dont like to see unsatisfied guests so I try to help as much as I can. I just wanted to throw that out there, to show that there are some of us who truly care about our customers and go above and beyond to make sure everyone is happy.

Hello there,

I am Amy, the agent who assisted monkeybone in resolving her problem. I just wanted to say that nobody above me (Vivian) assigned me the issue "down the pipeline". It is not in my job description to go on social media and try to help my guests, I do it out of my own time because I dont like to see unsatisfied guests so I try to help as much as I can. I just wanted to throw that out there, to show that there are some of us who truly care about our customers and go above and beyond to make sure everyone is happy.

Thanks Amy!

I have no doubt that when there are a lot of changes like those recently you probably receive the brunt of people's displeasure. It is wonderful of you to go out of your way and on your own time to ensure customer satisfaction and happiness. Thank you for taking the time to clarify things here. Your hard work is appreciated, I know for certain by Jennifer (monkeybone).

Have a great day!

Rochelle

Hello there,

Hi Amy!

Thank you for taking your time to assist! It IS appreciated!

Via the NCL FB page, I was asked to email "socialmedia@ncl.com" nearly a week ago (in regards to this same issue) and have yet to receive a response. Can you tell me if this is indeed the correct avenue for resolving issues or if there's a different preferred option?

Thanks again for the time & assistance you provide!

Hello there,

There needs to be more agents like you!

Harriet

Hi Amy

The Women that called me was great, kind and caring about our issues and very concerned about us and our satisfaction I will give her name and a GREAT review if and when it is resolved even if not she took the time to address it and try to take care of it That is a great Employee .

Hi Amy!

Thank you for taking your time to assist! It IS appreciated!

Via the NCL FB page, I was asked to email "socialmedia@ncl.com" nearly a week ago (in regards to this same issue) and have yet to receive a response. Can you tell me if this is indeed the correct avenue for resolving issues or if there's a different preferred option?

Thanks again for the time & assistance you provide!

Hello,

When I go onto the FB page, that is the e-mail I see given in the threads. I dont know exactly who handles the e-mails, so I dont know if there's a long response time. I am new to Cruise Critic, so I'm not sure if theres a private message option, but if there is, you can certainly PM me and I can try to help.

Hello,

When I go onto the FB page, that is the e-mail I see given in the threads. I dont know exactly who handles the e-mails, so I dont know if there's a long response time. I am new to Cruise Critic, so I'm not sure if theres a private message option, but if there is, you can certainly PM me and I can try to help.

I don't believe there's any type of PM system here. :(

Scrolling through it appears that it's ok to share emails though, so please email me if you can - diana.solomon@live.com

Thanks!

Edited by Wendy&Grumpy

I don't believe there's any type of PM system here. :(

Scrolling through it appears that it's ok to share emails though, so please email me if you can - diana.solomon@live.com

Thanks!

Hi Amy,

Thank you so much for replying on the cruise critic board! I am hoping you can help me too. Please email me as there are no PM options on this board.... moochieme2@aol.com Thanks!

Hello there,

Thank you Amy for all of your help. You are wonderful at your job. You went out of your way to make things right.

I brought this thread back up to show that NCL does have a customer relations problem that starts at the top.

NCL needs to make sure they inform their employees of the changes.

I did not hear back from: Elizabeth, Vivian or Andy Stuart. I contacted Andrew on twitter he asked me to email him. I CC'd him on all emails to Vivian.

That just shows NCL will take no responsibility for anything.

Not even an apology for the snow job I got from Vivian Ewart Vice President, Passenger Services.

I hope my onboard experience will be amazing.

Edited by monkeybone

Hi Amy

The Women that called me was great, kind and caring about our issues and very concerned about us and our satisfaction I will give her name and a GREAT review if and when it is resolved even if not she took the time to address it and try to take care of it That is a great Employee .

That is great to hear!

Exhausted just Reading this can not imagine the stress going through it. Glad MonkeyBones finally got what she deserved. Makes me nervous if they will honor the promo code I booked under just looking for free drinks.

I hope others will not have to go through this......and it was stressful but having the support of the CC gang helped!

Don't be nervous......Be prepared! It's best to always print out everything you book and promo details.

It sounds to me suspiciously like the system is not picking up the presence of the UDP properly on your booking. The people you are then speaking to on the phone are trying to do the same thing (in the same booking system as you are looking at online) and making stuff up to explain why it's not working.

I reckon if they took the UDP off your booking and then put it back on again manually, the Cirque Perk (poetry?) may well appear.

NCL's booking system is flakey at best. Regularly I go in and see my OBC has reduced from $300 to $150 - hence I print off hard copies of everything so I can wave it under their noses on board if necessary. Also, although I have already qualified for all the 'packages' on my cruise it is still trying to sell me UDPs - are they suggesting I have two speciality meals a night?!

They should spend some money on getting the software rewritten properly. It would avoid lots of complaint phone calls.

It sounds to me suspiciously like the system is not picking up the presence of the UDP properly on your booking. The people you are then speaking to on the phone are trying to do the same thing (in the same booking system as you are looking at online) and making stuff up to explain why it's not working.

I reckon if they took the UDP off your booking and then put it back on again manually, the Cirque Perk (poetry?) may well appear.

NCL's booking system is flakey at best. Regularly I go in and see my OBC has reduced from $300 to $150 - hence I print off hard copies of everything so I can wave it under their noses on board if necessary. Also, although I have already qualified for all the 'packages' on my cruise it is still trying to sell me UDPs - are they suggesting I have two speciality meals a night?!

They should spend some money on getting the software rewritten properly. It would avoid lots of complaint phone calls.

This actually makes sense.

We've already purchased the UDP for our September cruise, yet it's still being offered every time I log into our booking.

Probably some major programming eff up!

I hope others will not have to go through this......and it was stressful but having the support of the CC gang helped!

Don't be nervous......Be prepared! It's best to always print out everything you book and promo details.

Thank you monkeybone!

Printed all documents to bring with me.

If they said, 'no' will show it in their faces! :D:mad:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
So anyone able to get the show for free after July 3rd, 2015

Update - we just did!

We purchased UDP on 2/1 for our 9/5 GA cruise. Our dining window opened recently, so I went to book dinners - and Illusionarium was showing a charge.

Called NCL, rep had to put me on hold & talk to supervisor after which I was told "it's no longer included." I replied that wasn't an acceptable answer since I purchased a package that included it and that was one of the main reasons I purchased.

Rep went back to supervisor and came back saying "sorry, not grandfathered" to which I replied "Sorry, I'm still not accepting that answer" and she went back to supervisor again.

Next response was "package has changed and price has gone up, as a courtesy your price wasn't raised, but the show is not included" to which I replied "changes made after I purchased the package do not change my purchase, which included Illusionarium on the first night and that's what I expect to receive."

Back to supervisor, with several "sorry it's taking so long" check-ins, but finally, 45 minutes later, we have Illusionarium complimentary on the first night!

So, if you purchased your UDP before the changes were made and are told no show, do not take no for an answer!

Oh - and we were also able to book Cagney's online. :)

Edited by Wendy&Grumpy

Hi Guys, we too opted for UDP on the Breakaway in August for Cirque complimentary our rep actually encouraged us to get it. Received the same story with absolutely no effort to make up for it in any manner. The only answer I kept getting was "No" and I too stated unacceptable. It was mentioned by a supervisor I spoke to we can add you to the list if NCL reverses its decision (that's a big IF) I will call you and let you know...yeah right. I then called NCL corporate and again the same thing... No Way, No How. Quite disappointing this being my very first cruise and the NCL customer service has been far less than helpful in wanting to resolve something so simple, what an absolute let down. It's not like we just made our reservations it was nearly 6 months ago. We too were told you should be grandfathered in, yet again another No. Glad to hear it worked out for you we were not that lucky.

Update - we just did!

We purchased UDP on 2/1 for our 9/5 GA cruise. Our dining window opened recently, so I went to book dinners - and Illusionarium was showing a charge.

Called NCL, rep had to put me on hold & talk to supervisor after which I was told "it's no longer included." I replied that wasn't an acceptable answer since I purchased a package that included it and that was one of the main reasons I purchased.

Rep went back to supervisor and came back saying "sorry, not grandfathered" to which I replied "Sorry, I'm still not accepting that answer" and she went back to supervisor again.

Next response was "package has changed and price has gone up, as a courtesy your price wasn't raised, but the show is not included" to which I replied "changes made after I purchased the package do not change my purchase, which included Illusionarium on the first night and that's what I expect to receive."

Back to supervisor, with several "sorry it's taking so long" check-ins, but finally, 45 minutes later, we have Illusionarium complimentary on the first night!

So, if you purchased your UDP before the changes were made and are told no show, do not take no for an answer!

Oh - and we were also able to book Cagney's online. :)

Glad you did not take no for an answer. I will let you know how the show is, we sail at the end of the month :)

Hi Guys, we too opted for UDP on the Breakaway in August for Cirque complimentary our rep actually encouraged us to get it. Received the same story with absolutely no effort to make up for it in any manner. The only answer I kept getting was "No" and I too stated unacceptable. It was mentioned by a supervisor I spoke to we can add you to the list if NCL reverses its decision (that's a big IF) I will call you and let you know...yeah right. I then called NCL corporate and again the same thing... No Way, No How. Quite disappointing this being my very first cruise and the NCL customer service has been far less than helpful in wanting to resolve something so simple, what an absolute let down. It's not like we just made our reservations it was nearly 6 months ago. We too were told you should be grandfathered in, yet again another No. Glad to hear it worked out for you we were not that lucky.

Sultan, Did you purchase UDP or choose it as your free promo? We purchased ours, so wondering if there might be a difference there?