Formal nights - Specialty restaurants dress code

On some cruise lines, the specialty restaurants are one place to escape formal nights. What's the practice on RC?

RC suggests Smart Casual, but does not enforce any suggestions, so you are free to wear whatever.

On some cruise lines, the specialty restaurants are one place to escape formal nights. What's the practice on RC?

That's exactly what we're thinking and wondering for our upcoming cruise. Just don't feel like dragging along the jacket and tie on our Caribbean cruise, with three kids we already have a ton of luggage.

Thanks for posting the question!

That's exactly what we're thinking and wondering for our upcoming cruise. Just don't feel like dragging along the jacket and tie on our Caribbean cruise, with three kids we already have a ton of luggage.

Thanks for posting the question!

I've worn shorts and a polo shirt in every specialty restaurant RCI has to offer. Never had an issue and was never even questioned about it.

Sure, you may get the evil eye from a few purists who insist that dinner = dress up, but I'm on vacation and wearing what is comfortable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC suggests Smart Casual, but does not enforce any suggestions, so you are free to wear whatever.

I've worn shorts and a polo shirt in every specialty restaurant RCI has to offer. Never had an issue and was never even questioned about it.

Sure, you may get the evil eye from a few purists who insist that dinner = dress up, but I'm on vacation and wearing what is comfortable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See?

Freehike says that you can wear whatever you want.

Go on. Do it.