The restaurants on Encore

Kevnzworld

Henry,anything you need while I'm in B&Q getting materials and tools to finish of the ship.

Did you get that Abba outfit as you and Sharon are opening the show in Singapore for those that are expecting a gala evening for the inaugural.

I've got two boxes of fireworks that will make it special.

Get a box of those 3/4 inch BSP pipe fittings that join the toilet feeds. We can auction them off to the highest bidders.

I'm bringing my Makita, I was debating whether to pack the chop saw....

Change of plan for Singapore, did you not get the memo? I'm doing my Elvis act. They said you were doing the fireworks, I'm surprised after Barnsley when you got the mixture wrong on that home made Catherine wheel.....

I've got a load of Ginsters pasties & some Pot Noodles for the first few days whilst they get the kitchens up & running.

Henry :)

I don't often bother looking at the Seabourn blogs, but have just read three interesting things - Handre will be CD on Encore, lovely Daniel will be Hotel Director, and Tim Rice will be on board doing one or maybe more special musical evening events.

All sounds promising.

But as kevnzworld has the proof in black and white as he has his cruise documents the "show" as it were isn't happening on the ship but on the dock......... so indeed what was the premium for?

That's happening on the dock in Singapore? Hmm - time to talk to our TA and see if Seabourn is extending the party to TAs and random bigwigs, see if we can blag an invite. If not, at the least we'll come down to the cruise centre for a looky loo at the new ship.

Those of us boarding in Athens know which cruise is the Maiden voyage ;)

You may well get your name on a plaque - alternative arrangements have been made in the Able Seaman household :) but you will be the third set of guests sitting on the toilet, sleeping on the bed and standing in your underpants on the balcony. Or is that just me? We will also celebrate the first Christmas & New Year on board.

Don't be expecting much by way of food & drink. By the time we've finished you'll be hunting around for crackers & water from the lifeboats.......

Whether it's the 1st pre inaugural, the 2nd pre inaugural or the inaugural I'm sure we will all have a great time exploring our new surroundings. We have been Promised a Seabourn presentation case containing a screwdriver, a hammer, some gaffer (duct) tape, and a cordless drill. A selection screws, nails, glue and panel clips will be made available in Seabourn Square......

Henry :)

Just read this thread for the first time and having a quiet chuckle, keep it up guys ( & girls)

On our recent Quest Route of the Vikings (+ 10 ) we had a number of interesting discussions with Staff members who are going over to Encore, some are leaving Quest this month (October) others not until January.

We said to the October ones that we thought they were "courageous" ("Prime Minister", our UK correspondents will understand that:)

The Staff members who had previously done inaugural voyages agreed, they said that it was hard work with a new ship.😜

Just read this thread for the first time and having a quiet chuckle, keep it up guys ( & girls)

On our recent Quest Route of the Vikings (+ 10 ) we had a number of interesting discussions with Staff members who are going over to Encore, some are leaving Quest this month (October) others not until January.

We said to the October ones that we thought they were "courageous" ("Prime Minister", our UK correspondents will understand that:)

The Staff members who had previously done inaugural voyages agreed, they said that it was hard work with a new ship.😜

I was on the Odyssey in May and heard the same thing. There was a lot of talk about who would graduate to the new ship. It really shouldn't be all that different. It seems to be just a larger, somewhat improved version of the Odyssey class ships.