Booking via UK vs USA

cshellz

Not if you booked in the U.K. you wouldn't. TA or no. NCL totally inflexible about changes and cancellations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Nothing is absolute.

Many times if one low level functionary that answers the phone tells you one thing, hang up, wait a couple minutes, call back and you could get another answer. Most of these people are so new with so little experience, they don't really know what they can or cannot do. Talking to the right supervisor who has the power and authority to make an executive decision is usually the right answer.

Persistence pays off.

So you've actually had a conversation with the staff of NCL UK have you? If not your comments are not productive. I can't make any comment on the way calls are handled at NCL USA as I have never spoken to anyone there. I can assure you that even if you called every single day and spoke to a different agent each time you would not get the UK office to make any concessions. I know, we've taken 10 NCL cruises and I have attempted to get a better deal many times. It ain't happening.

So you've actually had a conversation with the staff of NCL UK have you? If not your comments are not productive. I can't make any comment on the way calls are handled at NCL USA as I have never spoken to anyone there. I can assure you that even if you called every single day and spoke to a different agent each time you would not get the UK office to make any concessions. I know, we've taken 10 NCL cruises and I have attempted to get a better deal many times. It ain't happening.

You're missing the point entirely. It's not about getting a better deal, this is about correcting a customer service wrong no matter what "company policy" states. This is an American company that is striving to "earn" your business even though low level functionaries are generally unable to see the big picture and are mere sheep following instructions. They are not paid to think, that is reserved for experienced folks that have managed to make it a little higher on the food chain.

And the real question is, have you ever been persistent and asked for a supervisor as I have suggested? My guess is no you have not, so it would be you that is the one actually speaking from ignorance. Again, this is not about getting a better deal on a cruise, this is about customer service.

There seems to be such a discrepancy between the booking terms between the two. Ive never really looked at the USA terms as such, because i dont book via there but from the little Ive gleaned from reading posts on here you guys seem to get a much bettter deal than us.

On all cruiselines not just NCL. I suppose before Brexit it might have been worthwhile trying to book via a US TA but with the £ dropping like a stone its not worth it.

So my question is this, Ive just had to change cruise dates from 19th Aug to 9th Aug, completely my own fault so nothing I can claim on insurance for and the admin charges to do so have cost me £75pp total of £450.

What would it have cost you?

Once again, part of your problem is the TA. They need to earn their commission by representing your best interest, not to pile on by profiteering using this as an opportunity to tack on a large fee. Personally, I would be the phone first thing Monday morning absolutely scorching the owner/manager of the agency for not looking out for your best interests. That is their No. 1 job!

Since an agency booked it, they need to be on the phone with NCL not taking NO for an answer. I imagine they won't because they are money-changers and not customer representatives. When you call NCL the low level functionary will try to hide behind the fact you booked with a TA and tell you that you need to talk to them. Tell NCL your TA is not working for you, so you need to talk to a supervisor. The supervisor will talk to you about your problem if you be persistent. If that supervisor is not working for you, ask for the next level...escalate it as we say in customer service terms.

Edited by Lido_Deck

Also in the U.K. If there is a price drop after you have booked basically tough luck. We book something and that's the price. That is for all travel products.

Also in the U.K. If there is a price drop after you have booked basically tough luck. We book something and that's the price. That is for all travel products.

Although, again, if you limit your deposit by using future cruise credits then you can take better advantage of price drops.

We've only done it once, when we cancelled and rebooked with the UBP promo, saving ourselves about £300 even after losing our deposit. If we hadn't used the credits then the saving would have been a lot less, and getting to the level where it isn't worth bothering.