Recent Seabourn mailing---Quest 17/18 Antarctica Special Promotion??

GeneBK

A few days ago, we received a fold-open sales brochure from Seabourn, hyping six or seven winter 2017/18 South America and Antarctica cruises, the expedition team, pictures of kayaks among the ice, etc. AND it listed significantly lower fares if booked early; I think the deadline was Nov 15.

We were interested, asked our TA, and he called. The person he spoke with was completely unaware of any promotions, and said there were no price changes "in the system". My TA asked me to give details of the mailing, maybe some mailing code on the bottom, etc. ALAS, I couldn't find it....it must have jumped into the junkmail trash.

Did I dream it?? I really don't think so. If anyone remembers anything like this, and can come up with copy, please help! Many thanks....

The brochure number on page 4 is "SEA15709". The prices shown in the brochure are the same as shown on the Seabourn website. Dec 19, 2016 Antarctica sailing is $11,999 (ocean view or cheapest balcony), Jan 12, 2017 is $12,999 (ocean view or cheapest balcony).

Thanks, but the brochure I was looking at (received just this week) was for the sailings winter 2017/18. The cruise I am specifically interested in is Dec 20, 2017....the quoted price of the Owner's Suite.

Still hoping someone might still have it. Thanks!!

A few days ago, we received a fold-open sales brochure from Seabourn, hyping six or seven winter 2017/18 South America and Antarctica cruises, the expedition team, pictures of kayaks among the ice, etc. AND it listed significantly lower fares if booked early; I think the deadline was Nov 15.

We were interested, asked our TA, and he called. The person he spoke with was completely unaware of any promotions, and said there were no price changes "in the system". My TA asked me to give details of the mailing, maybe some mailing code on the bottom, etc. ALAS, I couldn't find it....it must have jumped into the junkmail trash.

Did I dream it?? I really don't think so. If anyone remembers anything like this, and can come up with copy, please help! Many thanks....

Whilst we didn't receive this particular brochure, we did receive one for Alaska, with the offer expiring Nov 15th, so I am guessing you didn't dream it. Edited to add that maybe you can chase it up via your Club Number, as I suspect it might be targeted marketing based on previous questionnaires,

Edited by Laylam

Attached is the pricing page of the brochure that was received. Cruises for 2016/2017. Pricing points for the 2016/2017 Antarctica cruises did not seem to drop until end of February 2016. I would be surprised if Seabourn is dropping the price points for 2017/2018 this early.

Many thanks.

I'm embarrassed. I misread the dates. Thank you for including the pdf...I didn't dream it.....I just misread it.

Many thanks.

I'm embarrassed. I misread the dates. Thank you for including the pdf...I didn't dream it.....I just misread it.

I would still contact Seabourn and request another copy of the last mailing to your Club numbers. The brochure we received for Alaska are for dates after June 2017.

• 2 months later...

In case anyone is interested, looks like Seabourn has started reducing the fares on the Antarctic cruises for 2017/2018. Not yet down to the low point, but moving in the right direction. Other cruises have also had their fares reduced.

Edited by Fred arbuthnot

In case anyone is interested, looks like Seabourn has started reducing the fares on the Antarctic cruises for 2017/2018. Not yet down to the low point, but moving in the right direction. Other cruises have also had their fares reduced.

U.K. Price still not moved on nov2017 sailing. May I ask if you are uk based?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yesterday the pricing on the Seaboun website was very strange but, found a significant discount for our Antarctic cruise starting on Nov.5. Can't see the comparable pricing for 2016 but, think the new price is fairly close to the last pricing for a comparable cruise. Immediately contacted our great TA and got a five figure discount on a Veranda and was able to move from a V2 to a V5 for the same price. We are ecstatic over this early Christmas present. On Thursday morning the pricing on the website was all over the place and had to get to a pretend booking a strange way. Later yesterday it worked correctly and right now back to the problems yesterday moring but, yes, five figures cheaper for a Veranda. Happy as can be and we do have our Seabourn cnfirmation so good to go. Think from looking at the brochure linked earlier on this thread, prices are close to those although nothing I can absolutely compare. Good luck all and check out your pricing before they go up.

I am on board now. I cancelled my Antarctica cruise and rebooked on board. Between the upgrade promotion and 5% discount I saved $9000!!!

In addition my deposit drops by 8000 so I am getting that back when I disembark.

When I factor in what my ta gives me I will have saved in excess of 10k

Amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by bitob