Captain Dag aboard Quest

medroots

We joined the Quest yesterday in Montreal for a 2 wk cruise to Ft Lauderdale. We were pleasantly surprised to find that our captain is Captain Dag! Looking forwarding to sailing with him again!

Edited by medroots

We sailed with Captain Dag on the Legend to The North Cape in 2014. Very pleased that he is back with Seabourn and on the Quest..here's hoping that he stays on for our Antartica trip on 28th November.

Medroots,

Thanks for posting this update. Some time ago on our Holiday Quest Roll a poster noted they ran into Dag and he told them he was coming back to Seabourn and specifically the Quest. Glad to have this confirmed. Can you find out how long he is on for?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Medroots,

Thanks for posting this update. Some time ago on our Holiday Quest Roll a poster noted they ran into Dag and he told them he was coming back to Seabourn and specifically the Quest. Glad to have this confirmed. Can you find out how long he is on for?

I haven't seen him yet, but I was told he is GA's replacement for Antarctica. The crew member said GA took an early holiday since he is taking over Encore in February. I will confirm when I see Dag, but it makes sense to me given his experience.

Medroots,

I haven't seen him yet, but I was told he is GA's replacement for Antarctica. The crew member said GA took an early holiday since he is taking over Encore in February. I will confirm when I see Dag, but it makes sense to me given his experience.

Thank you. I hope you enjoy your cruise -- it is one of the ones on our "list."

As to Dag regarding Antarctica I understand his grandfather was one of the founders of the whaling station on South Georgia Island. And a question for those of you that have done the SB Antarctica cruises am I correct that there are usually two Captains on board for theses cruises as Captain Larsen is always on board to handle navigation issues?

We sailed with Captain Dag on the last "little sister" cruise to the North Cape and Polar Ice Cap in June 2014. I think it was one of Dag's last Seabourn cruises. We just absolutely LOVED him!! Now we are really hoping he will stay for all the Antarctica cruises as we are on the last one in February 2017!

We were so blessed to have Speedy and Christina on ALL of our little sister cruises from 2009-2015 and will really miss them on the "new" Seabourn!! We were with Jan on the Quest earlier this year and she said she would be doing Antarctica this winter.

So we know we will have the wonderful Dag and Jan on our Antarctica Holiday cruise -- now we need some intel on the Hotel Director. Lulu? Gunter?

I'll find out for you. It may take a couple of days as I'm not getting much "leisure" online time just yet due to work commitments but will let you know asap.

So we know we will have the wonderful Dag and Jan on our Antarctica Holiday cruise -- now we need some intel on the Hotel Director. Lulu? Gunter?

Pepe is the current HD but indicated he is going on vacation and Philip will take over. Jan is the CD and said she is doing Antarctica. Henning is the current Executive Chef - not sure how long he's aboard.

Thank you for taking the time to get this information and posting here medroots. Much appreciated.

We received our luggage tags and docs today, only 32 days to go before sail away in Buenos Aries.

Very exciting!

Medroots,

Thank you so much for taking some time from your holiday to respond about the Hotel Director. The chef is new to me but if the Phillip is the same Phillip we were with on one a the small ships a few years ago then we will see another familiar face. Hope your weather has warmed up.